AMBUSH ON HOTH Diorama

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With all the stuff you have, i'm sure you can find somewhere.

Just don't take away my crawlspace in your wall that i've been living in for 3 months now.

You know I'd never do that. My collection wouldn't be complete without you ;)

I think Luke's likeness is pretty decent, especially for the size. At 1/9 scale, his face would be about an inch tall.

:lol:lol:lol

It just does. Though, to me it resembles Luke from ROTJ more than ESB.

Just giving you a hard time bro. That's how I roll :D

The likeness isn't horrible, it's the expression. I understand he would've been scared ^^^^less, but that doesn't mean we want to see that expression on a $300 statue.

I'm gonna have a hard time justifying the purchase of this one. If I can find it for around $200 down the line I may jump. Maybe I'll get a $100 gift card at SDCC :monkey3

Completely looks like Mark as Luke, just as has been said, an awkward expression. I think it would work better if the expression was more like surprise, as Luke in ESB reacted more with surprise than fear because the Wampa came out of nowhere. A nice muted, surprised expression would feel better. Great looking piece but it's going to have to fall way of the pass. This line is booming and now I'm reaching the point where I'll be more selective and probably stick with duel dios for the most part. I'd have liked a cool dio of Luke with the Wampa in the cave, which is unlikely to ever happen now that this one is upon us, can't see them revisiting the Wampa anytime soon.

BAH is a great word in this situation.

I am very disappointed in the face.

Seriously where are all the great human likeness sculptors? Where is Oluf? Where is Andy...well we know where he is..., Seems like the human likeness quality has really diminished!! :mad:

Completely looks like Mark as Luke, just as has been said, an awkward expression. I think it would work better if the expression was more like surprise, as Luke in ESB reacted more with surprise than fear because the Wampa came out of nowhere. A nice muted, surprised expression would feel better. Great looking piece but it's going to have to fall way of the pass. This line is booming and now I'm reaching the point where I'll be more selective and probably stick with duel dios for the most part. I'd have liked a cool dio of Luke with the Wampa in the cave, which is unlikely to ever happen now that this one is upon us, can't see them revisiting the Wampa anytime soon.

kool-aidman.jpg

Seriously where are all the great human likeness sculptors? Where is Oluf? Where is Andy...well we know where he is..., Seems like the human likeness quality has really diminished!! :mad:

Ummm, have you not met Trevor :confused::confused::confused::confused:

Just giving you a hard time bro. That's how I roll :D

The likeness isn't horrible, it's the expression. I understand he would've been scared ^^^^less, but that doesn't mean we want to see that expression on a $300 statue.

I'm gonna have a hard time justifying the purchase of this one. If I can find it for around $200 down the line I may jump. Maybe I'll get a $100 gift card at SDCC :monkey3

No, I know. That's why I was lauging (laughing smilie I should say).

I just wanted to state my reason for anyone else that had to ponder why I feeling that way.

The likeness is definitely there - it's just the extreme expression that is causing the concern. Still an awesome piece. It seems people are taking a small part of the entire sculpture and basing their comments on that one tiny item without considering the whole.

To me, this piece has an Unleashed feel to it (and I don't mean that in a bad way).

And I bet most of you guys would look like this if a big ass Wampa jumped out at you, too! :lol

2220_press07-001.jpg

Back