Amazon Returns

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnFL2119

Freakzoid
Reaction score
Can you return an item to Amazon if you simply found a better price?

Or does there have to be something wrong with the item in order to do so?

Thanks.

You can return most items, but if it isn't defective you will most likely be required to pay for its return.

It also might depend if you bought it from a vendor who merely uses Amazon storefront versus Amazon themselves. Amazon has a pretty good return policy for their merch. Good company.

If I'm not mistaken, you'll be charged a restocking fee if it isn't defective. If you took it out of the package and used it, then you'll be charged an additional fee.

Ive returned items and just said it was either "different from description" or "not what I expected" or something along those lines. Then they don't charge for shipping.

I've made a few returns already with amazon - if it is amazon "fulfilled" they cover shipping and do an advanced refund. But if it is through a third party that is NOT fulfilled (which the majority of amazon's sellers are) it is up to the seller if they do free return shipping which I find many don't.

I actually talked to a amazon rep via online chat and she told me this. However, for the trouble they gave me a free credit towards my next purchase for the two returns I had to pay shipping for ! :D Not bad.

Either way, I think Amazon is fair and has really great customer service.

Thanks for your feedback about my question guys - I've only done returns for defected items but I see they DO return most anything for any reason as long as it's done in a timely manner.

Amazon is very easy with returns, and their customer service is exceptional. I've returned things throughout the years, because of damaged packages and defects, and they've always given me a full refund. I'm not sure if Amazon does price adjustments, but you can certainly ask them.

In regards to returning an order due to finding a better price, I'm going to contact the third-party seller directly and tell him I found a better price. almost $150 dollar lower in fact (Blackhole stormtrooper).

I'll ask if we can negotiate price rather than doing return. I'll let you know what happens if I hear from him.

Back