Am I really the only one that can't get anything shipped from Sideshow Mint?!>

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt S

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
I love the Sideshow product and employees - no attitude or anything, but I am so tired of getting Star Wars item after item dinged, crushed, or banged up.

Everytime I call Aimee she is super nice and all of that but it gets to be too much.

(START OF RANT)

After two weeks of waiting for my replacement SDCC Anakin to arrive to me (the first was crushed to the point where the fig was damaged inside), I opened my replacement Anakin to find the box dinged badly on the front:emperor

I rec my Han yesterday to find the box dinged in three places - and we are talking noticeable dings and dents - not small stuff:emperor

Why is it so hard for SS to ship items MINT?

I am frustrated as Hell - I cannot even look at my Anakin or Han without being super frustrated!!!!!!!!

(END OF Rant)

Matt

I got a little pissed off yesterday. I received a notice advising me a shipment had gone (the fedex notice) and then received a notice that Obi-Wan was arriving in 3-5 days...... I had twice called to ensure that Obi-Wan, Han & Mace were all shipped together. That little hiccup cost me about $US40 - not normally an issue except when so many releases are coming out about 1 week apart - that extra shipping is going to add up very quickly.

Oh well - at least two got shipped together. Almost time to call to ensure Angel & Qui-Gon go out together. In Sideshow's defence I guess whatever problems were occuring with Obi-Wan could have screwed up their process but it did annoy me nonetheless. And normally Sideshow service is excellent so I guess its just one of those things that happens.

That would be frustrating; with my situation, I do not blame SS and believe in the expression that '**** happens' but when every other fig comes non mint (and again, noticeable non mint), it gets to be frustrating as all hell.

Just got off the phone with my wonderful girlfriend and she was able to cheer me up.

I have been collecting so long that sometimes this hobby swallows you whole (if you let it).

SS: You are conviced that damage to your customers' items is a very small percentage; I am now convinced that it is a very small percentage that actually complains about the issue.

You can always have them double box the figures. It costs more and you have to wait longer though. I don't know if that's a course you want to take. I know its not a particularly enticing option, but I just wanted to let you know it is there.

Agent0028 said:
You can always have them double box the figures. It costs more and you have to wait longer though. I don't know if that's a course you want to take. I know its not a particularly enticing option, but I just wanted to let you know it is there.

I appreciate the 'heads up.' Actually, after speaking to Aimee from SS, I was under the impression that my replacment Anakin was going to be cherry-picked and mailed to me that way.

What I received was a larger box in which Anakin was placed face down with some bubbling on top = problem is, the bubble wrap was just on top, so it did not prevent Anakin from moving around in the larger box. Anakin was not wrapped in anything, just placed in this larger-than-usual box. I mean, I thought the second time around it would be packed with extra care, but I suspect they are so busy right now getting caught up, that the ball was dropped - I do not blame them, but I will not lie in saying I was not extremely disappointed. When a replacement takes two weeks to get, you want no more problems!

Thanks for listening everyone - makes me feel better.

Update: I sent an email last Mon - still waiting on any response. Lord, I know the Star Wars line was going to be demanding, but 6 business days and counting in a long ass wait for a customer.

AmanaMatt said:
Update: I sent an email last Mon - still waiting on any response. Lord, I know the Star Wars line was going to be demanding, but 6 business days and counting in a long ass wait for a customer.

I never email, calling is much more effective. :cool:

LOTRFan said:
I never email, calling is much more effective. :cool:

Sometiimes not really an option when o/s. Also from having been in customer service you don't always have all the information at your fingertips so if there needs to be a bit of digginng into the issue done - email can let the customer service rep have a chance to get some background before replying - not so easy to do by phone as people want to give you an answer straight away.

That was a disturbing video - that must be my UPS Driver.

I have received all within two weeks of each other: My replacment Sith Anakin, Han and now Mace - all three with serious box damage.

I actually e-mailed and called, then called back Fri hoping to get Aimee -she sometimes mans the phones, but I talked to another gal and said she would pass the message along.

This is not a crack at any employee at SS, but they do seem to be having a hard time at keeping up with phone/customer demand.

UPDATE 09/08/06: Sideshow (aimee) has made contact with me and has been very nice. I have let them know that a week to 9 days is a long time in between callbacks, but she was very helpful.

Last edited:
I have been waiting for a few months on a replacement base for my General Greivous Exclusive. (Big scratches on the very front of base)

I have been waiting for a couple of months for my Predator Exclusive Statue Replacement. (Chipped tooth on the unmasked head and big scratches on rear foot, broken spinal cord accessory)

I am now waiting for a reply to see if they are going to be able to replace my Iron Man Exclusive. (Multiple scratches on back and chipped elbow joint)

The first reply I received from Aimee was:

"We'll have to see if we have a replacement for this item"

That was over a week ago. All they have to do is send me a 'regular' statue. I already have the base and Tony Stark head.

I have read many good things about SS's customer service, but to date, I haven't seen it. These are the first items I've had to return personally.

I think Aimee is just overwhelmed by the number of returns. I think they need to slow the $@#! down with the product releases, until they get quality control fixed.

I was told from SS that they cannot separate items, like pull a base out of one set, that they would need to send all or nothing....I am no expert on their policies, just what I understand.

They sure have been slammed...the Star Wars line is the cause, I am sure. With all of these figs hitting at the same time, this is a crazy time over there. While I hate waiting a week for a callback, when they do call, they usually make 'good.'

Aimee called me back the next day as well and told me she found a replacement item I was waiting on - just a box - but, I did appreciate the gesture on her part.

I am sure they will make 'right' by you in the end.

Good luck!

If you cant get in good condition why not buy from other place ?

DHL and FEDEX is bad on shiping and UPS is the best

Guess I am one of the few who could really care less about the box condition upon arrival. As long as the contents are in Mint condition I dont care about the box at all. Yeah, ok looks nice, throw in closet until closet is full and then toss in large bonfire at the end of the year to make room for next years booty. In fact if it would help to reduce the cost I would be willing to receive my product in a plain white box with no graphics or designs on it at all. You figure that might drop the final price by 5 or 10 bucks and over a year that would add up to an additional figure purchased.

Of course if the contents are in anyway damaged that is another story. I expect the contents to be in mint condition upon arrival and will not tolerate any defects. So when SS starts using the plain white boxes they had better be good ones or the phone lines will be lit up.

I could care less about the boxes either. So what, a corner is damaged.

It's not like you are going to retire off of these pieces.

I had some guy complain because I sold him a Bespin Han, which was fine but the box had a small scratch on it!

Ridiculous, don't get me started on "box" collectors.

I can understand it with the old vintage figures but new pieces??! Come on people. Enjoy the pieces and not the box.

Gruson said:

I can understand it with the old vintage figures but new pieces??!
Remember: Today's "new pieces" are tomorrow's "old, vintage figures." :)

And Gruson! Clear-out some of the clutter in your banner! It looks "junky!" :D

plzg.jpg

FrankenFan said:
Remember: Today's "new pieces" are tomorrow's "old, vintage figures." :)

And Gruson! Clear-out some of the clutter in your banner! It looks "junky!" :D

plzg.jpg

Junky, me?!?! Never! I was actually working on a new banner but am waiting for a couple of pieces.

Oh, yeah, heard that before with baseball cards, comics, and Star Wars figures from the 90s.

Not happening again people, sorry. You can throw out those boxes now and free up some space.

;)

Gruson said:
I could care less about the boxes either. So what, a corner is damaged.

It's not like you are going to retire off of these pieces.

I had some guy complain because I sold him a Bespin Han, which was fine but the box had a small scratch on it!

I can understand it with the old vintage figures but new pieces??! Come on people. Enjoy the pieces and not the box.

LOL I had a guy complain about the same thing. Life must suck when your that anal.:monkey1

ComputerFly said:
I am now waiting for a reply to see if they are going to be able to replace my Iron Man Exclusive. (Multiple scratches on back and chipped elbow joint)

The first reply I received from Aimee was:

"We'll have to see if we have a replacement for this item"

That was over a week ago. All they have to do is send me a 'regular' statue. I already have the base and Tony Stark head.

Eh!?

The Ironman (which is what I am assuming you are talking about) has a totally different body from regular to exclusive. How were you planning on making due with a regular and the Stark head?

Sorry to hear about your string of bad luck though. :eek:

Back