Am I an animal?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hurricane

Super Freak
Reaction score
Received my GG slave Leia today, her she is now, (I think) in her rightful place,minus her plack ,but sporting a busted wrist,and skirt, but I intended to replace the skirt anyway, I had no intenetion of selling her on, just wanted her here...do i need shooting for (maybe) ruining a lovely statue?
HPIM0292.jpg

I like it. I think she looks great up there. Once you repair the damages I don't see any difference between what you did to the statue and what any other customizer might due to an expensive 1/6 figure.

Makes me want to get one and do the same thing. I don't think we'll ever get a 12" figure to look that good in front of Jabba

No Glenn, that is AWESOME!! :rock

I was wondering if this could be done (and if she'd fit on the throne with Jabba), you've proven that it can. How'd you get her off of the base?

No Glenn, that is AWESOME!! :rock

I was wondering if this could be done (and if she'd fit on the throne with Jabba), you've proven that it can. How'd you get her off of the base?

with alot of persuasion, she has large blocks on the hips,hands,back half of the skirt and the left hand has a 1/2 inch long metal pin too, these had to be sawed off once she was free,the front part of the skirt was glued fast,the left wrist got broke because i couldnt get anything under the palm of her hand to prise it up,a bit of putty and airbrushing should sort that out,i did get some nagging from the missus, and 'told you so' when leias wrist got busted...but what the hell

with alot of persuasion, she has large blocks on the hips,hands,back half of the skirt and the left hand has a 1/2 inch long metal pin too, these had to be sawed off once she was free,the front part of the skirt was glued fast,the left wrist got broke because i couldnt get anything under the palm of her hand to prise it up,a bit of putty and airbrushing should sort that out,i did get some nagging from the missus, and 'told you so' when leias wrist got busted...but what the hell
:D Well the end result is what matters and it already looks great!

A couple of touch ups and she will be back to her beautiful self! :rock

no Sir Glenn (your official title now) you are not an animal, you are a God.... because had I kept my order for jabba, I was going to get this statue and do exactly this to it..... I could see how amazing it would look.... even if the base needed dremelling off over months.

I'm SO glad to see someone else has done it (and it would be you :cool:) and that it looks fantastic. Not something for the faint hearted to do, or those without repair/custom skills... but absolutely worth doing my friend.

:bow bows to you Sir.... bows to you! :bow

Thats really cool, im hoping that play.com have another sale and reduce the price. Cool addition to the jabba display without the bulky base.
And your a Red Dwarf fan, sweet.

Nice proof of concept there Hurricane. As my hookah lighting project showed I do not have a fear of taking the Knife and the Dremel to a collectible. Too bad you don't have any in-progress photos.

the in progress shots wouldve been scary! she now has a cloth skirt,looks nice n natural drapped over the front of the throne..
HPIM0337.jpg

Wow - that's really cool man, what an inspiration.

You've got balls, that's for sure!

TBH It crossed my mind to do this also

But didnt have a couple of things

1) The money to buy the statue
2) The balls to start sawing it up to do that

Seeing as I now know it can be done, and with a little care Ill try and source me one

Ill take my time trying to find a cheap one and hope that someone does a 1:6th (a decent one in the mean time)

EDIT ? Can you tell me the chain around her neck can the whole chain be replaced as a long chain into Jabbas hands would be nice, or is it part of the statue ?

Yes, you are an animal...see
Homo
Scientific classification
Kingdom: Animalia
Phylum: Chordata
Class: Mammalia
Order: Primates
Family: Hominidae
Subfamily: Homininae
Tribe: Hominini
Subtribe: Hominina
Genus: Homo

Seriously man - If you get any better at customizing these things we're going to have to stop posting pictures of the originals out of shame. That looks wikid!:D:chew

Back