All Things Robocop

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
?more accurate proportion? :dunnocomparison pic please:gah:

Yeah if you look at the film Robocop's head is smaller compared to his huge chest armour than Hot Toys made theirs. Don't have time to gather comparison pics, also I'm too lazy, there always seems to be someone else here to do that kind of work. :wink1:

Yeah if you look at the film Robocop's head is smaller compared to his huge chest armour than Hot Toys made theirs. Don't have time to gather comparison pics, also I'm too lazy, there always seems to be someone else here to do that kind of work. :wink1:

Ok, i checked out some photos
You're right but not such a big thing to me anyway....
I actually like HT version better than the Original with the smaller head.
But yeah..I got it:lol

Its strange, I see guys being very fussy about the accuracy of Shadow Predator for example whereas I don't particularly care that his belt is too high up his waist etc. With Robocop though I do care. I think getting his head the right size compared to his body, or his body the right size compared to his head as is more likely the case, is pretty basic and important. If a couple of little surface details aren't perfect I won't care but get the basic proportions right....which I think they would now...hopefully....

I think it's also likely we will see some new HT pieces now that Weller has embraced robocop again. For years he wouldn't license his likeness or discuss the film. That seems to I've changed with the Detroit robocop project. I suspect will see a DX figure soon enough.

I'd love to see a reboot of the RoboCop story based in the year 2011.

RoboCop
"put the gun down your.."

Ghetto thug
"yo i'mma buss ya havf dead roebot cracka ass"

I think it's also likely we will see some new HT pieces now that Weller has embraced robocop again. For years he wouldn't license his likeness or discuss the film. That seems to I've changed with the Detroit robocop project. I suspect will see a DX figure soon enough.

If we all pray... maybe so.:pray:

Yup its like 5 inches or something. The line of figures are called Figmas. The quality is always top notch though.
i dunno how much they cost where you live. but in the states, a Figma Robo will cost $60-$70+ shipped. that's a lot to ask for a 5" toy, no matter how nice it is. plus, it isn't to scale with a damn thing i own. it looks cool and all, but Max Factory really needs a US distributor if they want me to buy their stuff. shipping from Asian stores is pretty horrible.

I was going to order the Figma Robo but reconsidered for those reasons. Mainly the fact I have nothing else in scale with it and probably never would.

I was going to order the Figma Robo but reconsidered for those reasons. Mainly the fact I have nothing else in scale with it and probably never would.

You're getting a $400 18" T-800, live a little, I don't think a $60 5" highly detailed Robocop is going to hurt.

I mean, look at that leg holster.

DO WANT!

Yeah but all you'd have to do is get the Kenner ED-209 for this figma and BAM, recreate the scenes in the film with 5" scale versions.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOrDaTZBAPk"]Robocop Action Figures 1989 Commercial - YouTube[/ame]

I've gone full circle with my collecting at this point. I'm more inclined to spend $60 on a really sharp small scale figure that's fully sculpted and articulated than $200+ on a 1/6 figure with clothes, rubber, etc.

But I would still buy the ____ out of a new HT Robocop.

Yeah but all you'd have to do is get the Kenner ED-209 for this figma and BAM, recreate the scenes in the film with 5" scale versions.
heh, i actually do own that and it's too small for 5" Robo. those old Kenner figures are 4".

You're getting a $400 18" T-800, live a little, I don't think a $60 5" highly detailed Robocop is going to hurt.

I mean, look at that leg holster.

DO WANT!

The HT figure has a leg holster and he's in scale with other stuff I have :dunno Yeah just not pushed on this one, cool as it looks. I'll stick to NECA and Hot Toys for Robocop.

The HT figure has a leg holster and he's in scale with other stuff I have :dunno Yeah just not pushed on this one, cool as it looks. I'll stick to NECA and Hot Toys for Robocop.

But, but, if you get the figma you'll have an 18" Robocop, 12" Robocop, a 7" Robocop, and a 5" Robocop?

But, but, if you get the figma you'll have an 18" Robocop, 12" Robocop, a 7" Robocop, and a 5" Robocop?

......what are you trying to do to me man? Don't say things like this, you know that sort of thinking works on me and breaks any previous resolve I had.

......what are you trying to do to me man? Don't say things like this, you know that sort of thinking works on me and breaks any previous resolve I had.

Imagine. A line up of your precious Robocop collection. 18" NECA Robocop, 12" Robocop, McFarlane Robocop, 7" Robocop and the Revoltech Robocop. An army of Robocop action figure goodness.

Picture Maul Fan's, diverse Terminator collection. It's not about compatible sizes or scales, it's about having kick ass figures of great characters.

9927182.jpg

1.jpg

I think I got him.

Back