All Things Robocop

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah it's $35-$40 retail plus $20-$30 shipping from asian sellers. right in the ass.

Most toys from anywhere have a shipping charge.

For this though, from amiami, you'd be looking at US $10 - 14 shipping (based on the cost of other Revoltech/Figma figures I've bought from them). Buy multiple items at the same time, maybe even multiple Robocop figures, and the postage can even out to less per figure, where it's just $5 or $6. The cost of buying from such sites is really not as expensive as you seem to be thinking. Your $70 call is pretty much double what you'd probably end up paying.

right in the ass.
That's what she said!

Back to the topic - I wonder if we will hear anything new from Hot Toys before the end of the year. Speculations about their Robo re-release was here & there not so long ago.
And also new pics of the chest & back armor plates appeared on the Fred Barton's website. So maybe we will hear anything new about his upcoming 1:2 & 1:4 scale statues... Or even 1:1! Here is a hope.
You can never get enough of awesome RoboCop stuff.

Got a Neca Robocop yesterday and took a picture of it next to the Mcfarlane toys version (Neca on the right). What do people think? Neca ftw or mcfarlane?
Robocop+Comparison+01.jpg

If your interested I also wrote up a bit of a comparison/review of both figures check it oot :)
https://doonsdungeon.blogspot.com/2011/10/robocop-mcfarlane-vs-neca-comparison.html

You should fix the Neca RoboCop's helmet. They didn't glued it on it properly. Anyway Neca has a more accurate sculpting but their paint is horrible so because of that the Mcfarlane Robo looks better overall even if it is innacurate. The paintjob just ruins the Neca figure.

Yeah I've read people have pulled the helmet off and reglued it or something. The helmet seems pretty snug on the head like but I might give it a try. I personally prefer the Neca overall just for little reasons like the ball jointed head etc, but I totally agree that visually the Mcfarlane figure stands out more because of the paint job.

Paint and the nose sticking out under the visor take away from the NECA. The munchkin face and tiny chest take away from the McFarlane. Great paint on that one though. Frustratingly a bit from column A and a bit from column B would make the perfect 7" Robocop figure.

I saw this Neca Robo in person. The figure I saw was textured all over. It wasnt wet sanded smooth before they casted it. Waste of Neca's time and however buys it money.

Has anyone seen the re-issued 18" version? I'm curious about the paintjob on those. I have one of the early releases that had more of a matte finish...

my friend got me the new neca robocop figure. i would've never bought it myself. ____ty paint, ____ty face sculpt and ____ty joints. the huge gaps at the hip are ridiculous. so what i'm trying to say is, this figure is a piece of ____!

I put a few coats of Future on my smaller Neca RoboCop, i'd say a spray gloss might do a better job or maybe add a few more coats of Future after a good 6-8hrs.

These pics are crap but, you might be able to see the difference Future can make.

2jchow9.jpg

2r79dw0.jpg

2jetnnk.jpg

2njlmdu.jpg

2coq2oh.jpg

I'll be adding more coats of Future in time.

Hmm seems pretty cool, I like the posing too. Did you take the figure apart or just cover up? I was tempted to buy a second figure and just rip it apart n tinker with the paint etc.

I just brushed/let the Future run all over the figure except the flesh area, more of a RoboCop 2 look now, just i think one more coat will do it.

Re: Taking apart HT ED-209?

Hey all, a board member wants to buy my HT ED-209, but it's assembled and I bought it that way. I don't know how to take it apart or if I should even try. I fear shipping it whole even with super protection something will be damaged.

Any suggestions.

Re: Taking apart HT ED-209?

Hey all, a board member wants to buy my HT ED-209, but it's assembled and I bought it that way. I don't know how to take it apart or if I should even try. I fear shipping it whole even with super protection something will be damaged.

Any suggestions.

I took mine apart when I sold it, but it can be tricky. The legs can get stuck on there pretty snugly and that can increase the chances of breaking the glue seals on certain parts or snapping something. If you're able to get it apart, it will be a lot safer back in the Hot Toys box.

I had traded my BD Ed awhile back and shipped it assembled. It worked out fine. I wouldn't worry as long as you use a big enough box and a lot of those big bubbles. Ship it insured too so you're covered either way.

I wouldn't take any chances of taking this sucker apart after it's been assembled especially if it has been that way for a long time.

Back