All things Marvel Legends/Marvel Select/Marvel Universe

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your problem is your choice of characters. The Marvel movies, in general, are overrated and the GOTG characters were visually boring af. I shake my head when I see a glass case filled with thousands of dollars worth of Hoy Toys Marvel movie characters. Many of these movies were all hype. They were good for a first-time viewing but who is going to watch this stuff over and over? Stick with the comic book characters with their classic Kirby, Ditko, Romita designs that have lasted several decades. Marvel movies come and go. Who has watched Spider-Man 3 in the last 10 years? How about Iron Man 3 in the last six years? Ben Kingsley Mandarin, my ass.

You bring an excellent point, collect what has the most meaning to oneself. Before I attempt to buy most figures, I ask myself, "Am I going to be happy to have it? Do I feel this is going to bring me joy for a great amount of time, even later on?"

I guess you speak for everyone. Is that a correct assessment?

correctamundo.jpg

sdfgsdfgsdfg.jpg

That is just awful.... Both the design and the figure. I was kinda looking forward to the game, but the character designs are pretty bad.

Aborigine Hulk anyone?

If you feel the need for a primitive looking bearded Hulk, the Marvel Select Barbarian Hulk (recently re-released) is far superior.

41fQbugEBFL._AC_.jpg

How those designs got approved for that game is beyond me.

I am just hoping the game gives us a Hulk Ultimate Destruction style gameplay.

But as green or grey Hulk not kiwi Hulk lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was debating on jumping on the Age of Apocalypse wave but am waiting to see if they announce any more AoA figures for "SDCC" this year (primarily Gambit)

I just have some of my Jim Lee X-Men left... and may decide to swap out the characters for the Mafex counterparts (since Gambit looks so much better than the ML) Does anyone know how they scale? Do the existing Wolverine and Cyclops look good with the ML figures? Are they worth the price difference?

I have passed on the MCU stuff. May decide to pick up Falcon & Winter Soldier figures if they make them for the show and I like it. (I'm doing the same thing for Mandalorian)

How those designs got approved for that game is beyond me.

I am just hoping the game gives us a Hulk Ultimate Destruction style gameplay.

But as green or grey Hulk not kiwi Hulk lol

Ultimate destruction was an entertaining game. I loved the wreaking ball for a weapon.

Ultimate destruction was an entertaining game. I loved the wreaking ball for a weapon.

It?s bad enough that Hulk UD was never given a remaster but it?s a downright sin that the Wolverine Uncaged Edition game was left to rot in legal limbo still until now. Grrrrr

Last edited:
New 90s Spidey has pretty spectacular line work even on the hands and neck shame he still has those damn pin dots. :gah:

That ab crunch and back lean are to die for!

Rouge and Cyclops reissues seem inevitable to help people complete the Jim Lee team. I’d also like Dark Phoenix Cyclops reissued for the game team.

Back