All things Marvel Legends/Marvel Select/Marvel Universe

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Only thing holding NECA back is their quality control, 1/4 figures have legs that warp from their weight and their 7" figures crumble like cookies in milk sometimes.

But this whole new trend of $80-$100 6" figures is a big HOLY CRAP!

I swear I want to travel back in time to 1983 just to tell parents that 6" action figures will be $100 in 2017 just to see their faces lol.

hah i didnt see this when I replied earlier, we think along the same lines man hahaha

Anyone having any luck finding the Old man Logan wave of ML's in the wild, seems to be a big crap shoot...

yeah no luck for me either, just the one time I mentioned earlier, but Logan Cyclops and Colossus were already gone.

I gotta say though, I really really love the Shatterstar figure I scored!

A friend at a retail store told me that the scalpers pay off the retail workers and walk out with all of the unopened cases, straight to Evilbay they go.

Man, I just dont see how the little money they might make on that is worth the time, especially after paying out scalpers. There's so many better ways to make money lol

Man, I just dont see how the little money they might make on that is worth the time, especially after paying out scalpers. There's so many better ways to make money lol

Agreed, my guess is most of them work for the stores and scalp on the side to make a few extra bucks, or they have their friend come in to buy it for them cause they can't just walk up with a case of stock on the clock, most company's have policy against that sort of thing.

Ive had a hard time finding any of the new xmen wave. Came across a few one time at Target and picked up Shatterstar (they only had him, Dazzler, Sunfire & Polaris). I wish I woulda just grabbed Dazzler and Sunfire then adn there, but Im sure they'll be around in droves eventually..

The only ones I've come across are one Rogue and one Kitty Pryde, and a bunch of Havoks warming the pegs.

Maybe it's the style of figure or ... I don't know. But for a long time I equated Legends with Black Series, but at least with these modern figures I'm seeing (for the price) very tight paint apps and good sculpts. Surprisingly so.

Being comic characters, I guess the flat colour blocks help, but these really do seem better-looking than I'd expect from Hasbro. I'm kind of impressed.

Yeah I don't get it either but the info that was given to me was just from the perspective of one manager from the inside, i'm sure the distribution oversight of these items differ from place to place.

People really will do just about anything to make a quick buck and this industry is all about profiting thru hoarding.

Maybe it's the style of figure or ... I don't know. But for a long time I equated Legends with Black Series, but at least with these modern figures I'm seeing (for the price) very tight paint apps and good sculpts. Surprisingly so.

Being comic characters, I guess the flat colour blocks help, but these really do seem better-looking than I'd expect from Hasbro. I'm kind of impressed.

The last few waves especially seem to have upped the quality, not only in paint apps, but also quality of plastic. Seeing much more solid, balanced figures lately and it's really nice.

Also noticing with the new guardians of the galaxy wave that they're actually doing separate parts that are molded in the right colors then keyed together instead of just painted (see Darkhawks helmet and Angela's boots to see what Im talking about). It really makes things clean and eliminates slop, it's a nice move by Hasbro imo

Yeah I don't get it either but the info that was given to me was just from the perspective of one manager from the inside, i'm sure the distribution oversight of these items differ from place to place.

People really will do just about anything to make a quick buck and this industry is all about profiting thru hoarding.

Oh it definitely happens all over, I've seen it first hand too. There's a huge collectors swap meet type place not too far from me where all the scalpers take all the stuff and the guys that run the booths have kids run around to all the stores to grab up the new stuff. Im sure they have hook ups with the kids that work at the stores too.

Alright, maybe I under-estimated my desire to get some Marvel Legends. I really want Cyclops, Wolverine, and Rogue!

I can't believe only 2 months ago, Wolverine was $20 on Amazon and Rogue was $10 on Walmart ... and I was too cheap to get them!

Patience ... patience ...

man no joke about that jye!

Alright, maybe I under-estimated my desire to get some Marvel Legends. I really want Cyclops, Wolverine, and Rogue!

I can't believe only 2 months ago, Wolverine was $20 on Amazon and Rogue was $10 on Walmart ... and I was too cheap to get them!

Patience ... patience ...

Patience PharOOO!

Cyclops will be had for retail for sure if you look regularly, he hasn't even hit any stores yet except for Target.

Rogue is still at retail on amazon right now, get her now if you want her, she probably wont go down in price again.

Wolverine? eh you might be kinda screwed on that one. Might have to bite the bullet and pay the asking prices if you really want him, or hold out for a different version, maybe they'll do classic yellow next since they have done that one in a while? There's also the older toy biz version which is really nice too and goes for a bit less: Brown Costume Wolvie

Last edited:

Seriously, this. I have always thought about this. On top of being unethical, it's a really pathetic way to make money since you make so little. You probably end up spending the same amount in gas getting the figures that you do making the little amount of money that you do when you scalp.

Yeah this hobby has no tolerance for procrastination.

Yep.... :(

Most collectors buy two, sell one for scalper prices and then the figure they keep is basically paid for so it's free. I can't really see people doing this as a job to make a living unless you're a distributor or something.

Most collectors buy two, sell one for scalper prices and then the figure they keep is basically paid for so it's free. I can't really see people doing this as a job to make a living unless you're a distributor or something.

True, but that bacfires more often then not since only select few figures actually go up in value. The less popular ones dont even sell for retail in the end. But I suppose that works if you only buy the hot figures and manage to find multiples.

After further thought, I've decided to only keep the Marvel Select Groot, Drax and Rocket Raccoon. I've been reading the DnA Guardians of the Galaxy omnibus, and I really love Star-Lord's original comic book look, so I ordered the SDCC/Entertainment Earth Marvel legends Star-Lord and Gamora figures. Both figures are stunning and work well with Select Groot, Drax, and Rocket Raccoon. I'm just not into movie figures (I know Star-Lord in the Bendis comics has the movie look now but its not really Star-Lord to me) and will continue with the comic book designs to build my displays.

After further thought, I've decided to only keep the Marvel Select Groot, Drax and Rocket Raccoon. I've been reading the DnA Guardians of the Galaxy omnibus, and I really love Star-Lord's original comic book look, so I ordered the SDCC/Entertainment Earth Marvel legends Star-Lord and Gamora figures. Both figures are stunning and work well with Select Groot, Drax, and Rocket Raccoon. I'm just not into movie figures (I know Star-Lord in the Bendis comics has the movie look now but its not really Star-Lord to me) and will continue with the comic book designs to build my displays.

Hell yeah! I just got that Entertainment Earth set last week myself (couldn't resist at $60 on Amazon), it's really super nice & I think Gamora is the star of the set. Your select Drax might be a bit out of scale with the legends figures, but he's a bigger character so maybe it works well on display :)

Now Im on the hunt for a good deal on the collectors vault set...

Thanks for the perspective, Reefer!

So guess what ... after clicking SEARCH on eBay constantly over the past week, I snagged a Wolverine! So, this Wolverine was Buy It Now of $24.00, still in the plastic tray but missing the outer package and still with the BAF Juggernaut head! Glad that I snagged 1 Wolverine for maybe a dollar or 2 over retail price after factoring in sales tax. eBay even had an 8% eBay bucks promo.

Ok, so 1 down, 2 to go. So, here's my thinking of the ideal 90s Jim Lee era team ... Hasbro Wolverine, Cyclops, Rogue and if I ever get them Archangel and Jean. Also, I want the Marvel Select Gambit and Colossus. Maybe by the time I collect all these, Hasbro would have debuted a Psylocke and Storm.

I picked up Havok and Rogue on the cheap when they were on Amazon. Thinking of getting Cyclops, Wolverine, Polaris and Colossus too

Hopefully they will come out with Jim Lee Storm, Jean and a better Iceman.

Thanks for the perspective, Reefer!

So guess what ... after clicking SEARCH on eBay constantly over the past week, I snagged a Wolverine! So, this Wolverine was Buy It Now of $24.00, still in the plastic tray but missing the outer package and still with the BAF Juggernaut head! Glad that I snagged 1 Wolverine for maybe a dollar or 2 over retail price after factoring in sales tax. eBay even had an 8% eBay bucks promo.

Ok, so 1 down, 2 to go. So, here's my thinking of the ideal 90s Jim Lee era team ... Hasbro Wolverine, Cyclops, Rogue and if I ever get them Archangel and Jean. Also, I want the Marvel Select Gambit and Colossus. Maybe by the time I collect all these, Hasbro would have debuted a Psylocke and Storm.

I sold my Juggernaut head on ebay. :lol

Back