All Things ANIME

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fullmetal alchemist brotherhood is the best series i have watched lately. The last 10 episodes are just phenomenal.

Yeah, I'm watching it on AS, and getting the Blu-Rays as they are released. I know I can watch subs on Funi's web site, but I like the dubs and it adds a little suspense watching an episode a week. I wasn't sure I was going to like it since the original series is one of my favorites, but it is turning out to be very good. Can't wait for the end. I think AS is up to episode 26.

Yeah, I'm watching it on AS, and getting the Blu-Rays as they are released. I know I can watch subs on Funi's web site, but I like the dubs and it adds a little suspense watching an episode a week. I wasn't sure I was going to like it since the original series is one of my favorites, but it is turning out to be very good. Can't wait for the end. I think AS is up to episode 26.

I re-watched the original after brotherhood and the scope of the story is just so much more grander than the original series. And I think I prefer the concept of the truth in brotherhood more as well. (wont go into details if you have not watch it yet)

Last edited:
I re-watched the original after brotherhood and the scope of the story is just so much more grander than the original series. And I think I prefer the concept of the truth in brotherhood more as well. (wont go into details if you have not watch it yet)

Unfortunately, it is going on hiatus for a little bit on AS. They are going to show reruns from the beginning before finishing out the episodes. I don't mind really (they seem to do this with most of the shows) and will re-watch the episodes and wait patiently for the remaining ones or DVD's, whichever comes first.

Unfortunately, it is going on hiatus for a little bit on AS. They are going to show reruns from the beginning before finishing out the episodes. I don't mind really (they seem to do this with most of the shows) and will re-watch the episodes and wait patiently for the remaining ones or DVD's, whichever comes first.

I was just on amazon, brotherhood part 2 is on there to preorder

So AS shows a new episode once a week? If so that's gonna take more than a year to finish. I can tell you one thing, FMA brotherhood is totally worth it. :)

So AS shows a new episode once a week? If so that's gonna take more than a year to finish. I can tell you one thing, FMA brotherhood is totally worth it. :)

For most new shows, they show 1 episode a week, but every once in a while they might show 2 a week for some reason. If I remember correctly, they showed 2 new episodes of Bleach for several weeks. If the DVD/BD sets come out before the episodes show up on AS, I'll probably go ahead and watch those.

It does take some time to watch series, but I think in some cases that only helps to build the excitement for the next episode. Bleach will start up new episodes on the 28th with ep 168, so it is way over 100 episodes behind! I know they will be showing season 7 & 8, so they will still be behind where Japan is currently even when the new episodes have aired.

For most new shows, they show 1 episode a week, but every once in a while they might show 2 a week for some reason. If I remember correctly, they showed 2 new episodes of Bleach for several weeks. If the DVD/BD sets come out before the episodes show up on AS, I'll probably go ahead and watch those.

It does take some time to watch series, but I think in some cases that only helps to build the excitement for the next episode. Bleach will start up new episodes on the 28th with ep 168, so it is way over 100 episodes behind! I know they will be showing season 7 & 8, so they will still be behind where Japan is currently even when the new episodes have aired.

I gave up on bleach when they stray off the storyline and went into that alternate storyline which have no impact what so ever on anything :) I dont think I can take anymore of the battle anime. takes an episode for anyone to make a punch is getting way too waste of time for me now a days. :lol

I gave up on bleach when they stray off the storyline and went into that alternate storyline which have no impact what so ever on anything :) I dont think I can take anymore of the battle anime. takes an episode for anyone to make a punch is getting way too waste of time for me now a days. :lol

Oh, don't I know it!!! My biggest complaint with Dragonball Z was how long a battle could drag out! And Bleach didn't start out too bad at first, but at least the battles usually don't take more than 2 or 3 episodes to conclude. I can still put up with it... what I hate is that I recently learned that episode 168 will start a "filler arc" before getting back to the main story, and I've been so looking forward to what happens after the fight with Grimmjow! :monkey2

Oh, don't I know it!!! My biggest complaint with Dragonball Z was how long a battle could drag out! And Bleach didn't start out too bad at first, but at least the battles usually don't take more than 2 or 3 episodes to conclude. I can still put up with it... what I hate is that I recently learned that episode 168 will start a "filler arc" before getting back to the main story, and I've been so looking forward to what happens after the fight with Grimmjow! :monkey2

yeah, I think the main storyline picks up again around episode 265 or something like that.

BTW, if you have not seen it yet I would recommend Gintama. Its a pretty hilarious anime. And the best part is sometimes they mock other anime for the crap they pull. (alternate story arc, superlong battle, etc) which they themselves does it too sometime.

Filler Arcs suck but they are necessary for some series and Bleach is one of them. Its either filler or they take a 4 month break and just show repeats. Atleast we can hope to see some filler episodes with Rangiku in them. :lol

Grimmjow is a pimp. I love the Espada arc until....

Filler Arcs suck but they are necessary for some series and Bleach is one of them. Its either filler or they take a 4 month break and just show repeats. Atleast we can hope to see some filler episodes with Rangiku in them. :lol

Grimmjow is a pimp. I love the Espada arc until....

I understand the occasional filler episode, but from what I understand, episodes 168 to 189 are an entire filler arc before they continue the Hueco Mundo storyline and that just doesn't make sense! Maybe it will once I see them, but a 21 episode filler arc seems unnecessary.

I understand the occasional filler episode, but from what I understand, episodes 168 to 189 are an entire filler arc before they continue the Hueco Mundo storyline and that just doesn't make sense! Maybe it will once I see them, but a 21 episode filler arc seems unnecessary.

The manga was only like 25 to 30 chapters ahead of the anime. Each anime episode is about 1.5 chapters. So how long would it be before they caught up to the manga and then no anime would have been made? Use your head old man. :rotfl

The manga was only like 25 to 30 chapters ahead of the anime. Each anime episode is about 1.5 chapters. So how long would it be before they caught up to the manga and then no anime would have been made? Use your head old man. :rotfl

Ah! Well, that explains it! I had no idea the anime was that close to the manga! Good reason!

FMA decided to go off on their own story when they ran out of manga story and that turned out well and now that they came back and did a new series to follow the manga. It is the best of both worlds, but that wouldn't work for a series like Bleach, so I guess I'll just have to enjoy the filler... :lol

Ah! Well, that explains it! I had no idea the anime was that close to the manga! Good reason!

FMA decided to go off on their own story when they ran out of manga story and that turned out well and now that they came back and did a new series to follow the manga. It is the best of both worlds, but that wouldn't work for a series like Bleach, so I guess I'll just have to enjoy the filler... :lol

Same happened with Soul Eater.

Now a filler arc isnt always necessary. Take for instances Naruto Shipuuden or whatever you call it. It has a pretty decent gap between the manga but they still do fillers. Its a way to keep the anime going and add some episdoes to the dvd sales. plus they can run it while working on episodes from teh manga. Just split up the animation team.

Back