All the previews are up, what's everybody going to order?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wofford29 said:
So everything under the previews is everything being announced? They don't hold back any surprises or anything?

With big conventions like these, they get their booth set up with all of the new releases being previewed, and as soon as the doors open everything is basically common knowledge. If Sideshow tried to reveal things over the next few days, we would all know about it in advance from the reports and pictures coming in from people who are there in person. Better to reveal it all officially in a very classy and professional way right up front than to have everybody hear the news through second hand posts and grainy pictures from cell phone cameras on the show floor. Keeping information from getting online through other sources would be like stretching out your hand to hold back a tidal wave. The only other option would be to not put the stuff out on the floor for the retailers to see until you want to reveal it to the fans online. But the whole point of the convention is to show your new items off to retailers and solicit as many orders as you can from the second the convention begins. It would be bad for business to hold back their cool new things from retailers just for the sake of the fan experience back at home. Toy Fair is for the retailers--Comic Con is for the fans. (And remember--none of the retailers at Toy Fair can sell the exclusives, so there is no point in Sideshow displaying them to the customers there.)

Of course, they do manage to keep us hanging around for some things. We have yet to see a great picture of the Elvis PF. So we will get tons more pictures and the opportunity to preorder over the next few days, but don't expect a bunch of surprise announcements. The question mark boxes have all been filled in.

Of course, they do manage to keep us hanging around for some things. We have yet to see a great picture of the Elvis PF

Dude, I'm waiting with baited breath
fing25.gif
....NOT!

Since I have cut back from the Hot Toys, it looks like the only pre-order that has me opening my wallet is the SW chess table. With the wedding this year, I am glad I decided not to get the Hot Toys stuff, but the Power Loader looks so amazingly well done.

Most certainly:
Aliens Warrior
Medicom Punisher
Power loader

Possibly:
Medicom Magneto
Medicom Raiden
Holochess set
Medicom Blade

Things I'm dying to have but cant afford:
PF Darkness
Alien 3 Maquette
PF Darth Maul
X-Men Vs Sentinel statue
Power Loader might be one too :(

will definitely be getting:
Darkness PF
SW Diorama
RAH Punisher

Will NOT be getting:
PF Maul --- sorry, but i'm still pissed over the pre-ordering issue so i refuse to buy him now.

Will Consider:
PF Buffy
MGS 4 Snake
Jin Roh Soldier

Not a single thing. I'm completely unimpressed. And somewhat relieved at the moment because money is tight right now.

But later on when money isn't tight, the lack of items that appeal to me will be very disappointing. At this rate, I won't have anything new to buy in the future from SSC.

Have to buy:
PF Darkness
Power Loader
Alien Warrior
Darth Maul PF (even though the ordering situation has me pissed off)
HoloChess board

Maybe:
SW Diorama (depends on price)
Alien 3 Maquette

There was so much on the floor this year.... so many nice items. I just wish I could order it all and be done with it... :lol

Last edited:
Since they are previewing Snake once again, I wonder if that means he'll finally be up for preorder. But anywho, there's to much stuff here I want for my own good.

By the way, was looking as Star Wars Insider, and the price of the exclusive Maul is 300 and the accessory is the probe droid.:maul

HAVE TO BUY
Darth Maul
Sauron Bust

HAVE TO BUY (if price permits)
Darkness (my childhood goes up in flames if it's too much money:monkey2 )
Snake (I'm not too keen on spending 130 on a 12 inch figure)
Raiden

MUST HAVE!!
Aliens Warrior
Aliens 3 Maqutte
Aliens: Power Loader
PF Darth Maul
Star Wars Dio
and the pred elder on throne(oohh yeah)

pos concinder Red guard, i think that will do for me on that list lol

Sadly, it looks, as I feared, that nothing will come to me from Sideshow. :monkey2
The Aliens power loader from Hot Toys does prove to be of interest, though.

Back