ALIENS RIPLEY REPAINT

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

small_studios

Super Freak
Reaction score
Here is the Ripley sculpt from Hot Toys i just finished. Great likness I have to say. Feedback is always welcome.

frtest.jpg

Great work! I repainted my Ripley's head last night. I"ll post some pictures soon. Yeah, I agree that Hot Toys did put in a good likeness to Sigourney Weaver. But, the red "Lucille Ball" hair color just had to go!

Evil Face: The redish tones are caused by the lighting i use. For some reason it always does that to my sculpts.

Looks great Mr. Small!
Love what you have so far!

And yes, Ripley is a bunch of simple retouches. Hair and eyes, mouth color and a general look of "lack of makeup". That's it.
But, several members have repainted their's to great effect, with little more than hair, lip and eye recoloring. Small here has done a bit more. Great work bro! :rock
Jedi Mike, your's looks really good, but be careful with the lighter browns. She did have brown hair, but, to catch that light coming through it trick, you might try painting the tips of those sharp areas, gathered hair tips, your rich brown, and only here or there, otherwise, it makes her hair look frosted.
And, it depends on the part of the movie of course.
Later on, when she's going after Newt, it's all wet and totally dark. Almost black.

But cool stuff! I can't get over how many different ways there are to paint her! :D

Thank you "small studios" and "figuremasterles"! I'll take those tips to heart. I'll likely repaint her hair again the solid darker brown color, and forget about trying to highlight it. I want to do more with her eyes like you did with yours "small studios". I like the no makeup look on yours. I don't like a lot of makeup on girls anyway. Just my own taste I guess. I aspire to make mine as good as yours "small studios"! I'd love to see your repaint of Ripley "figuremasterles". Your work is great too. Thanks again guys! I'll keep working on it.

Gruff:
I used several layers of pastels to achieve that look. Thanks for the compliment as well :)

So much nicer than the original. Still can't get over the original...red hair!?! WTF!?!

Back