Aliens,Predator and Terminator Q&A (Anything!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does that even exist? It also doesn't explain how the egg got into the cryogenic room and on the ceiling. Damn you Fincher! :mad:

It's not Fincher's fault, Fox took control of the production almost immediately and screwed every thing up. They hired several different script writers for re-writes both before and during production and no one saw a script until they were shooting a scene and then they only saw the script for that scene. Fox also forced Fincher to reshoot several scenes including the one that showed the Queen facehugger and edited out other scenes that would have made the plot more coherent. As for where on the Sulaco the egg was, I always assumed that as the queen exited the dropship she dropped it and it somehow wound up in the sub-floor of the drop-bay.

No, it's never explained. There's not even any proof that it is a Queen facehugger.
Minus the screenshot of one of the prisoners holding a Queen Facehugger, and SS's Queen Facehugger Maquette?
Oh, and the one on the wall in that Amalgamated Dynamics inc. video..
I'm pretty sure they've said it's a Queen Facehugger.

As for the funky intro to the movie, somthing bad happened. Somehow there was an egg, a Facehugger was birthed from it, people died, escape pod landed on fiorina..

I don't think it was meant to be analyzed to death.

It's not Fincher's fault, Fox took control of the production almost immediately and screwed every thing up. They hired several different script writers for re-writes both before and during production and no one saw a script until they were shooting a scene and then they only saw the script for that scene. Fox also forced Fincher to reshoot several scenes including the one that showed the Queen facehugger and edited out other scenes that would have made the plot more coherent. As for where on the Sulaco the egg was, I always assumed that as the queen exited the dropship she dropped it and it somehow wound up in the sub-floor of the drop-bay.

Yeah, I know all about the script re-writes and Fox taking control. However, Fincher had some say on the film. It was his idea to kill off the characters the audience loved and there have been many people who've talked about that fact.

As for the egg, it's always the same vague thoery. Which is actually a plot hole big enough that I could drive a semi truck though. Sad.

Minus the screenshot of one of the prisoners holding a Queen Facehugger, and SS's Queen Facehugger Maquette?
Oh, and the one on the wall in that Amalgamated Dynamics inc. video..
I'm pretty sure they've said it's a Queen Facehugger.

As for the funky intro to the movie, somthing bad happened. Somehow there was an egg, a Facehugger was birthed from it, people died, escape pod landed on fiorina..

I don't think it was meant to be analyzed to death.

Yeah, now that you say that I remember there's a scene on the special edition where one of the prisoners holds it up and it's really big. That atleast makes sense... 20 years after the film was released, but who's counting?

I think the workprint of A3 is really good! I enjoy watching it but of course its not as good as first 2. Much better then A:R and both AvP movies.

I think the Newborn is the by far the single worst thing to come out of any of these films and that is saying something considering the enormously deep well of s#!t that these franchises have produced since 1987

anyone know why Stan Winston studios did not work on Predators?

Good question. Email it to FOX.:lol

I think the Newborn is the by far the single worst thing to come out of any of these films and that is saying something considering the enormously deep well of s#!t that these franchises have produced since 1987

There there.:1-1:

Hmm I would say A:R > AVP BUT PredAlien > new born

anyone know why Stan Winston studios did not work on Predators?

I believe that 2Oth Century Fox did not want to foot the bill for SWS so figured the two Winstonites that broke off and formed ADI were good enough.
No love for those two in regards to these films.
They have bastardized these creatures to a point of I think is shameful (not as bad as what KNB did though).
Woodruff's insistance that he play the Aliens ridiculous. He had no business ever playing that role, and Chet?? They had to hide the main creature to hide the enormous height difference. The tallest actor they could find with leg extensions on top of that should have played opposite Ian White in that film, but nope. Lets put Woodruff in it.
Hated the character of the Predalien, but did enjoy the design. ADI's only saving grace is that Steve Wang sculpts for them.
Not sure where that rant came from sorry

I believe that 2Oth Century Fox did not want to foot the bill for SWS so figured the two Winstonites that broke off and formed ADI were good enough.
No love for those two in regards to these films.
They have bastardized these creatures to a point of I think is shameful (not as bad as what KNB did though).
Woodruff's insistance that he play the Aliens ridiculous. He had no business ever playing that role, and Chet?? They had to hide the main creature to hide the enormous height difference. The tallest actor they could find with leg extensions on top of that should have played opposite Ian White in that film, but nope. Lets put Woodruff in it.
Hated the character of the Predalien, but did enjoy the design. ADI's only saving grace is that Steve Wang sculpts for them.
Not sure where that rant came from sorry

Yeah I figured it had to do with money.
KNB does good work on Horror flicks but would have preferred SWS on Predators then KNB.

Back