Aliens 1/6 gorman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's the order chart:

Gorman.jpg

I'll make sure kuato gets the $5.00 for shipping when it comes time to pay him. Just make a note of it so when you send payment to him (not til I send a batch to him) you let him know that the 5 bucks are for you.

Thanks!

Okay, thanks Chris! So that means I've already paid the shipping for the shipping for the painted head from Kuato with the extra $5.00 I sent you today. Cool! I will make a note of it to remember it later on when I need to do so. I was in a hurry today to go out of town. I'll e-mail you with all of my details now. I am still in the first 10 board members to request Kuato's painting of the head, so I'm VERY happy about that! Plus the fact you're the one casting the head! :D

I just e-mailed you about it Chris. Thanks again!

Last edited:
So I seem to have come in late but perhaps just in time!

If I put in an order for a PAINTED Gorman head at this time (Next 24 hours) by Paypal, it would be:

$25 (Head plus shipping) Paid now to Chris
$30+S&H (Painting) Paid later to Kuato

Correct?

Also, what's the deal with the small neck joint adapter? What figure/s would that be for?

I went throught about five of the pages so forgive me if I'm asking old questions.

Having been thinking about a custom Gorman for the past couple of weeks then finding THIS THREAD fills we with confidence that I need to do this!

Thanks.

Oh and as far as the uniform is concerned, the green fatigue shirt of Gorman is unique because it's not a four pocket, but a two pocketer(Uppers only)!

VERY early Vietnam.

Oh and as far as the uniform is concerned, the green fatigue shirt of Gorman is unique because it's not a four pocket, but a two pocketer(Uppers only)!

VERY early Vietnam.

That's right, and i have only the 2 pocket version.
on 1 of the pages in this forum i pasted 2 URL'S to ebay sites which cloths i used.

That's right, and i have only the 2 pocket version.
on 1 of the pages in this forum i pasted 2 URL'S to ebay sites which cloths i used.
The links are on the bottom of page 10, if anyone else is looking for it.

I appreciate the links.
Especially for the Dress Uniform Gorman, that shirt is perfect!
I'm still holding out hope of trying to get the correct set for Gorman... somehow, someday.

Welcome Randy! I know Chris Howes is going to make incredible marines for us starting with Lt. Gorman! I would think he'll reply to you here soon about the questions you had for this project. :D We hope you'll join the list of interested board members here.

I'm really excited about this! I'm a HUGE ALIENS fan, and can't wait to get the rest of the marines, and Carter Burke, Newt and Bishop (if Chris decides to make them for us). :joy

So I seem to have come in late but perhaps just in time!

If I put in an order for a PAINTED Gorman head at this time (Next 24 hours) by Paypal, it would be:

$25 (Head plus shipping) Paid now to Chris
$30+S&H (Painting) Paid later to Kuato

Correct?

Also, what's the deal with the small neck joint adapter? What figure/s would that be for?

I went throught about five of the pages so forgive me if I'm asking old questions.

Having been thinking about a custom Gorman for the past couple of weeks then finding THIS THREAD fills we with confidence that I need to do this!

Thanks.

Hey, welcome aboard!

Actually, since you want kuato to paint yours, only send me $20.00 for an unpainted undrilled head, no shipping..... Kuato will charge you for shipping. I can save you the extra shipping by sending a large batch of heads to kuato at one time. It saves quite a bit in postage to send them all at once so I pass the savings on to you.

If you want it drilled for a neck adaptor there is a nominal charge of $5.00 for that service so an unpainted drilled head would be $25.00.

A number of different figures use a similar neck style like the Hot Toys Truetype. A small neck joint adapter is required to attach to the head to these figures. The head will have a fully sculpted neck. You will need to attach a small neck joint adapter to the neck in order to install the head on the body. The neck will need to be drilled out in order to accept the mounting post on the small neck joint adapter. You can drill it out yourself if you have an appropriate high speed rotary tool like a Dremel, or I can do it for you for $5.00. If you do it yourself, be sure to wear a dust mask so you don't breathe in the fine powdery dust this generates! Your lungs will thank you. :D

Here is a loose Hot Toys small Neck joint with it's Truetype body I just received from Hong Kong yesterday along with a drilled Joker head casting. Ignore the mess!:
nj1.jpg

Here it is inserted into the drilled out neck:
nj2.jpg

And then mounted on the body:
nj3.jpg

nj4.jpg

I hope that helps to explain things.

:santa MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!! :santa

Chris-Thanks so much for bringing me up to speed, especially about the neck post.

I think my only question is if you think its necessry for Dragon-type figures, as those are what I have a my disposal?

I'm looking forward to this!

Yeah, I loved Pvt. Ricco (actor Ricco Ross) Frost too!

"I guess she don't like the cornbread either"! :D

I like the sticker on his armor that said "NUKE 'EM". Very cool.

Yeah, Frost was one of the top of my "want list" from Chris. :D

Last edited:
Yeah, I'd love to see some "WIP" pics of our Lt. Gorman. :D It's okay if it's still in the rough stages too. A first glimpse would be great!

I have the figure all kitbashed now bar some very minor mods.........can't wait for this to go with my other marines....mind so many are also in the stages of mods and repaints.......plus the Newt......oh boy..

Back