Alien Warrior legendary scale bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There a good pic of the nameplate for the proto? Did the proto have a nameplate?
They do not seem to show the nameplate on the site.

nvm found one

2002341_Tu10rtii_press021.jpg

Seems to be in SS's.
Although not all in the same places is seems, some are.
I dont see the upper on between the "E" and "N", but both lowers ones and above the "A" I do.

Decided to paint my warrior's teeth tonight. I was able to get the chrome, metal, mirror effect pretty well. Here's some pics..

Picture 118.jpg

Picture 131.jpg

Picture 138.jpg

While it looked good last night, this morning, fully dried, I must say, it looks awesome.

Picture 5.jpg

Picture 7.jpg

Picture 12.jpg

Picture 14.jpg

Picture 15.jpg

I had a factory issue with two of the teeth. So I had to do two coats, turns out that made ALL the difference.

I used Model Master Chrome/Silver. Applied with a VERY VERY small brush.

To start off, Tape off what you can (For the teeth separation? I used small piece of postit....apply the first coat as a base. wait about 4 hours to do the second.
Now for the second coat and technic? Apply a generously amount to a very small brush - Start from the top of each tooth and push lightly while going down, causing a droplet effect to cover the tooth. No brush strokes and a decent amount are key for a surface shine..

Inbetween doing each tooth, I re-shook the bottle.

This is how I did it, Hope it helps.

While it looked good last night, this morning, fully dried, I must say, it looks awesome.

View attachment 134856

View attachment 134857

View attachment 134858

View attachment 134859

View attachment 134860

I had a factory issue with two of the teeth. So I had to do two coats, turns out that made ALL the difference.

I used Model Master Chrome/Silver. Applied with a VERY VERY small brush.

To start off, Tape off what you can (For the teeth separation? I used small piece of postit....apply the first coat as a base. wait about 4 hours to do the second.
Now for the second coat and technic? Apply a generously amount to a very small brush - Start from the top of each tooth and push lightly while going down, causing a droplet effect to cover the tooth. No brush strokes and a decent amount are key for a surface shine..

Inbetween doing each tooth, I re-shook the bottle.

This is how I did it, Hope it helps.

Thank you very much ;) i am hoping to have a go at doing this if I'm brave enough :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you very much ;) i am hoping to have a go at doing this if I'm brave enough :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No worries. It's very nerve racking. I think I just got lucky .(I'm not libel) lol
Here's the exact things that I got.
https://www.hobbylinc.com/htm/tes/tes1790.htm?source=froogle&gclid=CJKtz7qp88ACFc1i7AodNwMAqw

https://www.hobbylinc.com/htm/abs/abs30-6ps.htm

I used the smallest brush in that set to do everything.

Just take your time, should work out well.

Did the inner jaws teeth and added some gloss around the mouth for the wet look. Done deal.

Picture 24.jpg

Picture 54.jpg

Picture 56.jpg

Did you turn the bust upside down when doing the bottom teeth to keep the paint from running into the mouth area?

Ooops sorry, I forgot about describing the bottom jaw. I went from the bottom up on the teeth. Do the same, a nice amount, a slow stroke up the tooth. Running the excess up your brush.
There shouldn't be that much to be running anywhere.

What's good about SS's crap job, the teeth are very thin, hardly any paint, so the added extra won't make it look like chilette teeth.

One last thing, for the inner jaw, Was just one liberal coat...

Back