Alien "Big Chap" Maquette - Official thread (continued)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good luck!

If you run into trouble, call Sideshow customer service and see if they'll work with you. You may be surprised.

Thanks.

Just called SS they don't plan on billing people until Aug. 7th and they will give you a few extra days if needed if you contact them in time.

SS is THE best!!!!!!!!:yess:

Thanks.

Just called SS they don't plan on billing people until Aug. 7th and they will give you a few extra days if needed if you contact them in time.

SS is THE best!!!!!!!!:yess:

Glad to hear it! Post some photos when you have the two big chaps together! :yess:

I saw the low quantity alert and couldn't risk it :panic::panic:,,,, ORDERED can't wait :monkey1

Low quantity! Are you kidding? I'll go check that out now, but to be honest, I didn't see this happening for a long long long long time.

Maybe it's the old Sideshow tactic of baiting. (my opinion people)

Edit: There is NO low quantity alert on the maquette. I take back everything I ever said that might have been construed as disparaging... :lol

Low quantity! Are you kidding? I'll go check that out now, but to be honest, I didn't see this happening for a long long long long time.

Maybe it's the old Sideshow tactic of baiting. (my opinion people)

Edit: There is NO low quantity alert on the maquette. I take back everything I ever said that might have been construed as disparaging... :lol

It says in their newsletter!! I missed the Netyiri statue because I was counting in the alert, one day I checked & boom sold out without any notice, not even in the newsletter :( :( :(
I was planning to get him in Oct or Nov since I ordered too many stuff already. But I just got promoted & was thinking of treating myself, the low quantity email just sealed the deal for me ;) though it's hard to believe statue with this number & price to sell out this soon, but couldnt risk it.

I think it's the wording...

"A very limited amount of the Alien 'Big Chap' Maquette is IN-STOCK! Capture this iconic sci-fi creature for your shelves before it's too late!"

The term in-stock, I have a feeling means, they will be getting more in and that they are nowhere near selling the number of 1250 just yet. But, nonetheless, you will be happy with this space beast.

You actually made me go read the newsletter. Haven't done that on a Thursday in awhile. :D

I think it's the wording...

"A very limited amount of the Alien 'Big Chap' Maquette is IN-STOCK! Capture this iconic sci-fi creature for your shelves before it's too late!"

The term in-stock, I have a feeling means, they will be getting more in and that they are nowhere near selling the number of 1250 just yet. But, nonetheless, you will be happy with this space beast.

You actually made me go read the newsletter. Haven't done that on a Thursday in awhile. :D

U r right this makes more sence, but it's also in "Low Quantity Alert!" section (u have to read the whole newsletter :p ), so theortically they have less than 25 "in-stock" which will be sold out or backordered shortly.

It says in their newsletter!! I missed the Netyiri statue because I was counting in the alert, one day I checked & boom sold out without any notice, not even in the newsletter :( :( :(
I was planning to get him in Oct or Nov since I ordered too many stuff already. But I just got promoted & was thinking of treating myself, the low quantity email just sealed the deal for me ;) though it's hard to believe statue with this number & price to sell out this soon, but couldnt risk it.

That's what happened to me with Maleficent :monkey2

#274 arrived with two major issues :monkey2:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

fracture in the face followed by small scratches above, and paint missing at the end of a tentacle. just send them an email asking for body replacement, time to put their highly speak off customer service under the test :monkey1 but still :monkey2:monkey2

:slap I also found the tail position in mine looks different and weird than the pics, it's also very lose and looks like something missing and can't be hold. also one of the small rips seems broken.
Can you please check from the photos if the tail or the connecting part in the body indeed have something broken compared to yours, really appreciate it :)

Last edited:
Just received an email from SS stating that they don't have a replacements & offer a partial refund of 100$. Really not happy about this & cant understand how they can't replace it since the item still in stock :( :(

Just received an email from SS stating that they don't have a replacements & offer a partial refund of 100$. Really not happy about this & cant understand how they can't replace it since the item still in stock :( :(

They DO have a replacement as it is in stock!

"Thank you for your email. Unfortunately, per my previous email, we do not have any replacements for the body of this item. Please know all replacement pieces are allocated on a first come, first served basis and, just like everything we sell, are limited in number.

Also, because we receive pieces specifically to be used as replacements, we do not pull from stock to replace pieces as these are completely separate inventories. Additionally, because each piece is hand crafted, there is no guarantee that another body from a stock piece would be interchangeable with your base. "

Absolutely doesn't make any sense!! If I have a damaged product, replace it with new one. With this stupid replacement parts policy, it force people to return it for full refund then order it again hoping for better piece!! I thought their Customer Service r better than this :(

"Thank you for your email. Unfortunately, per my previous email, we do not have any replacements for the body of this item. Please know all replacement pieces are allocated on a first come, first served basis and, just like everything we sell, are limited in number.

Also, because we receive pieces specifically to be used as replacements, we do not pull from stock to replace pieces as these are completely separate inventories. Additionally, because each piece is hand crafted, there is no guarantee that another body from a stock piece would be interchangeable with your base. "

Absolutely doesn't make any sense!! If I have a damaged product, replace it with new one. With this stupid replacement parts policy, it force people to return it for full refund then order it again hoping for better piece!! I thought their Customer Service r better than this :(

Call them on the phone and tell them your piece is defective. At $800 this is not negotiable. Return it for a new one if they can't replace the piece.

Call them on the phone and tell them your piece is defective. At $800 this is not negotiable. Return it for a new one if they can't replace the piece.

I'm international buyer so I have to do a request to call me or try tomorrow by chat. I don't understand, if item is in stock why a replacement should be this hard!

I'm international buyer so I have to do a request to call me or try tomorrow by chat. I don't understand, if item is in stock why a replacement should be this hard!

Sucks to hear about all this trouble m8! =(((
Damn you SS! a pain in the ass sometimes!, I really hope everything works out for you! =/

Back