Alien "Big Chap" Maquette - Official thread (continued)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How many have glossed or applied some wet look to this statue? Is there a way to restore the vibrance of the paint job?

Here's a couple of pics from when I was doing it.

Great. So I got a dud. :mad:

I'm using Tamiya Clear (gloss)

IMG_1683.jpg

IMG_1682.jpg

Thanks for the pics Fremen. I've got a dusty one and I am really tempted to give it a shower. then put some gloss on it...but i am not sure about the shower part.

A wash won't hurt, use a damp cloth to get all the dust off and let it dry. I wouldn't put it in the shower, if the dome isn't sealed properly, you may be waiting forever for it to dry out.

If you do gloss it, just get a rattle can and do it in light coats, you can keep on adding more coats until you're happy.

I glossed my Cinemaquette Alien and it looks much better, but I thought the sideshow one was fine without it for some reason and never did it.

Argh. Still searching for this piece for < 1500usd.

Since Sideshow is releasing a new P1 maquette, could they have a new Big Chap in the pipeline? One can hope.

I would be surprised if we didn't see another down the line, it will no doubt cost a lot more than this one did however.

Argh. Still searching for this piece for < 1500usd.

Since Sideshow is releasing a new P1 maquette, could they have a new Big Chap in the pipeline? One can hope.

I paid $640 for one of these back in 2012. Amazed to see what they sell for now. If sideshow made another one of these I'm sure it'd be over $1k

Back