Statue Alien: Big Chap Legendary Scale Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Blech, seeing the pics made me want to keep this, but just did some financial projections and while I certainly could manage it, it would be smarter to turn around and sell it. Luckily the EX really doesn't mean much to me on this piece. I hope everyone's come out well. Though the word on the paint isn't amazing, it doesn't seem riddled with QC issues so far... though it's been a small sample size.

Could someone with the Big Chap measure it's dimensions? This looks to be far bigger than expected...

Yeah im wondering the same. Big chap looks immense next to the warrior. I knew it was going to bebigger but only by aan inch or so in all directions. This looks to be much MUCH larger all around.

After consulting sideshows page big chap should be,.. half an inch taller. 1 inch wider. And 2 inches longer. This looks to be double to triple those dimensions in height and length.

I'm really happy with how it turned out this piece, very nice as do the warrior, even the right of the large-scale Big Chap seen that in the film the creature looks higher and his head much larger, curious to see other photo maybe made with natural light and other photos with appearance of magnitude with the warrior

Wow the size and great looking dome is a big positive. I think once I redo the teeth i'll actually like it as opposed to hate it like I did the warrior. Can the paint gurus weigh in a tell us what paint to use to get the best result on the teeth?

Wow the size and great looking dome is a big positive. I think once I redo the teeth i'll actually like it as opposed to hate it like I did the warrior. Can the paint gurus weigh in a tell us what paint to use to get the best result on the teeth?

Alclad is arguably the best, but any metallic chrome will be a huge improvement so just go for whatever you have access to.

Still processing. :(

I really hate the teeth :(
Everything else seems pretty great, though. Can't wait to get mine on Thursday!! Hopefully it gets home in one piece :pray:

I have some Model Master Chrome Silver paint, do you guys think it would look better? Should I put a clear coat on top after?
I'm afraid of messing it up, but the teeth are a huge focal point and they're horrible imo. I'd really appreciate any suggestions! :lol

Alclad is arguably the best, but any metallic chrome will be a huge improvement so just go for whatever you have access to.

Still processing. :(

Alclad is definitely the way to go if you can. Only problem is it has to be air brushed and cant be applied by hand. If you are going to paint them chrome, you might be better off painting them black first then applying the chrome. Thats what you do with alclad and iv seen others do the same with normal chrome paint and say it works better.

Back