Alamo Drafthouse Posters

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So the second attempt took 45 minutes and the third 30 minutes? :monkey3

Something like that. The first attempt was "The Fallen" print of Vader by Vanderstelt, a 7/30 Artist Proof, and the margins (white space of the print itself) were crooked (I think), because when I centered it (face down), it came out all uneven. I had to retry several times, still turned out a little crooked. I was working with a print that still had some roll to it, so that really made things difficult. YOu can see the "margins" are a bit off.

IMG_3096Large.jpg

My second attempt was the Vanderstelt CV print which turned out better.

IMG_3100copyLarge.jpg

But these are Vanderstelt, and this is Alamo, I digress...

Anyway, frame these beaytches yourselves, better than leaving them in tubes.

Available tomorrow (10/7), for anyone that wants to try and get wave 2 including Boba.

bxh2430.jpg

Bounty Hunters- Wave 2
Posters by Ken Taylor. 12"x 36" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 425. Printed by D&L Screen Printing.

Note: This set includes three separate posters of 4-Lom, Boba Fett and Dengar that measure 12"x36" each. When buying this set, you will receive all three posters.

Limit 1 set per household.
$85.00
- Available 10/7/2010 at a random time.

NICE! Each would be an individual piece, no?

Yep, they are 6 individual 12X36 posters. I ordered wave one and locked in my order for wave 2 as everyone that got wave one was offered the second set as well all with matching edition numbers. I have a feeling there won't be many of these left for the sale today.

Something like that. The first attempt was "The Fallen" print of Vader by Vanderstelt, a 7/30 Artist Proof, and the margins (white space of the print itself) were crooked (I think), because when I centered it (face down), it came out all uneven. I had to retry several times, still turned out a little crooked. I was working with a print that still had some roll to it, so that really made things difficult. YOu can see the "margins" are a bit off.

IMG_3096Large.jpg

My second attempt was the Vanderstelt CV print which turned out better.

IMG_3100copyLarge.jpg

But these are Vanderstelt, and this is Alamo, I digress...

Anyway, frame these beaytches yourselves, better than leaving them in tubes.

This looks great. If you can get it into a nice stock frame, it is probably cheaper to make the matte than the frame.

Nice work my friend.

Thanks Jimmy.

Dang, just checked to watch how long it took Wave2 to sell out and they were already sold out.

I guess they went up earlier this round. Anyone know how long they lasted?

They went up around 9:02, but the Tweet didn't announce it until 9:04, and they sold out at 9:06. Four minutes was a lot longer than I expected, actually, since so many had already been pre-sold.

How are people framing these to keep them from warping, etc.? If professionally, how much for a standard sized poster?

Man they sold out fast, I was sitting at work waiting to order, as soon as I checked out they were gone, but I got one! Now I just need to find the First Wave.....

As in warping inside the frame?

Yes, like actually displaying them. I know that if I went to say Target and bought a frame for a poster, they look wavy and warped quite quickly. What's the best way to frame them for the long term? Thanks!

Read the previous page...

The previous page doesn't really go into detail as to specific frames, etc. I see nice expensive prints at people houses that are "wavy" or "warped" and I'm told that this is due to cheap frames having too much space, some need mattes or backboards, some need dry mounted etc.

edit: The page before the previous page helped a little more. It seems like pro framing is the way to go, even though it's more expensive. I just don't see the point in spending 80 dollars on posters to have them look warped in the frame, but that's just me I guess. I'd be curious to see these prints that were home framed over time.

I don't see how a print could warp inside a rigid frame. You must be referring to those cheap plastic poster frames that cost about $15, and I wouldn't do that either. If you want to spend $200+ to get it professionally framed, more power to you. I'd rather spend a quarter of that and do it myself. Maybe I'd spend that if I was framing a $500 canvas painting, but we are talking about $50 posters here.

I've taken all the prints I've gotten done to Hobby Lobby and had them do the framing. Last one I took up was Alamo's Iron Man 2 by Tyler Stout. Cost me $143 to get it framed. I'd rather spend a bit more get the nice glass, frame, etc and make it look nice than risk doing a cheap job doing it myself.

I do it myself and spend about fifty bucks on the poster and another fifty bucks on the frame and mat. Cant spend more, especially since I don't know for sure how long this series is going to last, lol. I'm going for a complete set, and that could get expensive eventually. I have had a few $200-300 prints professionally framed, but for a series of $50 posters I just do it myself.

Back