Alamo Drafthouse Posters

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Universal Monsters show coming from Mondo in October. Can't wait. Martin Ansin Creature from the Black Lagoon has to be there this time around.

For SDCC, only two unknowns left on Saturday and one for Sunday. I would be surprised if it's something I want. It seems like all the good surprises from Mondo come at Mondocon these days.

I might pick up a Frankenstein, but I'll wait until the UM show to see what the regular looks like

I bought the EX...been wanting a killer Frankenstein Poster..and haven't seen any that have wowed me in 24x36..So i had to have it! :D

Picked up the Tong 2001 Variant and I got it in. Have to say I'm not as excited about the foil like I thought I was going to be. It sort of takes away the focus from the Monolith. The biggest issue is with the borders. Instead of going all the way out with the print it has 3/4" foil border. It's really throws it off. I think if border were framed out it would looked better. Fortunately though, I was able to snag the reg on the drop so this one will turn into trade bait at some point.

The only foil I've been happy with is my Drake "Han in Carbonite" that fit perfect.

Picked up the Tong 2001 Variant and I got it in. Have to say I'm not as excited about the foil like I thought I was going to be. It sort of takes away the focus from the Monolith. The biggest issue is with the borders. Instead of going all the way out with the print it has 3/4" foil border. It's really throws it off. I think if border were framed out it would looked better. Fortunately though, I was able to snag the reg on the drop so this one will turn into trade bait at some point.

The only foil I've been happy with is my Drake "Han in Carbonite" that fit perfect.

Foil only works some of the time, Dark Hall Mansion has a foil variant for everything they release

The Ansin wasn't as good as it should have been...I have the Durieux Frankenstein

I thought Martin Ansin's was pretty good. Alex Ross should release a print of his version soon. He did a bunch for the Universal Monsters Steelbook re-releases coming out. Also I saved Jonathan Burton's version which is good as well.

Back