Alamo Drafthouse Posters

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You don't think I'm going to watch that horrible remake? Once was enough. Anyway, I mentioned the whole Myers in the middle of the street on the other forum too. Most people in the movie couldn't see him except for Loomis, Laurie, and the kids. If someone else did it was because they were about to get killed. Or because they taunted him like the "speed kills" scene. There was a TV special that talked about this aspect of the movie. It was like Myers was always in the peripheral vision. Kind of like that soldier in the one episode of X-Files. Or Jason in Part 6, when the girl doesn't see he's in the window. Which was a James Bond From Russia with Love reference I believe.

Yeah, that Universal Monsters show was crazy according to many. This will easily top that and it's during the SXSW thing. If Martin Ansin was in it too the gallery would blow up.

Does anyone get the hint in the Mondo logo on the preview? I've seen that symbol before but I can't remember it exactly. I think it references an old movie company.

It's the Smokey and the Bandit logo. If they start pumping out classics like that I'm doomed.

Edit, wait do you mean the Stout/Taylor logo?

The black circular logo with the three lines.

They just flipped the old Warner Brothers logo to look like an M:

uju5uve4.jpg

I doubt it means anything. They've done that on things before.

Anyway, I mentioned the whole Myers in the middle of the street on the other forum too. Most people in the movie couldn't see him except for Loomis, Laurie, and the kids. If someone else did it was because they were about to get killed. Or because they taunted him like the "speed kills" scene. There was a TV special that talked about this aspect of the movie. It was like Myers was always in the peripheral vision.

:slap :slap

it's the point of view of the audience, what we saw. The print is a perfect representation.

Moving on...

Anyone here going to be at Mondo next month?

They just flipped the old Warner Brothers logo to look like an M:

uju5uve4.jpg

I doubt it means anything. They've done that on things before.

Oh I can't remember the other Mondo logo tricks. I was just checking the movies from that logo's time period on wiki. Few notables but nothing stands out except Superman and Blade Runner.

it's the point of view of the audience, what we saw. The print is a perfect representation.

Moving on...

I kind of get it. So the print is supposed to represent Myers coming for us I guess.

Mondo needs to be a bit less cryptic to get me there. Or put Martin Ansin on the schedule. I was able to get Tong's Forbidden Planet and Durieux's Mummy both easily at cost and they were gallery releases.

I'm not even a big Halloween/Michael Myers fan, but I thought the print was gorgeous. To each their own as the saying goes :lecture

Moving on...

Our mutual friend is going to the Taylor/Stout show, but I don't think I'll be able to make it. That's the one I really would have liked to go to. I'm sure there'll be some awesome stuff. Unfortunately, March is the worst time for me.

Our mutual friend is going to the Taylor/Stout show, but I don't think I'll be able to make it. That's the one I really would have liked to go to. I'm sure there'll be some awesome stuff. Unfortunately, March is the worst time for me.

I'm meeting up with him and mutual friends. Should be fun. Wish you could make it.

Thinking about making the trek from Kansas City.. Stout and Taylor are 2 of my favorites. 10 hours, that's a nothing commute. That's like 2 Howard Stern shows

Thinking about making the trek from Kansas City.. Stout and Taylor are 2 of my favorites. 10 hours, that's a nothing commute. That's like 2 Howard Stern shows

Honestly, I've driven double that and only stopped for gas. It's not bad at all. You should come! You can join me at sxsw and then dinner and head to mondo. Gonna be a lot of us. You won't be alone. Bring a chair, reading material and snacks!!

I kind of get it. So the print is supposed to represent Myers coming for us I guess.

Sort of. When we saw the movie, and we saw Myers in the streets, it was usually through Laurie's eyes that we saw him. Just think of the print like that. We're seeing it through the eyes of the people in the movie who did see him on the streets. It's supposed to be a haunting feeling. That's why it works so well. :hi5:

Rich Kelly will sell copies of his Django Unchained poster tomorrow (the main edition was released by Mondo during the Oscars). It’s a 24″ x 36″ screenprint, has a small AP edition, and will cost $85. The variant will cost $110. These go up tomorrow (Friday, March 1st) at 11am Eastern Time.

LINK

Looks like The Drive Soundtrack is finally a go...

And it looks like Stout did a Drive Poster:

drive2_regular.jpg

So, I assume it'll be available during Stout's gallery show starting March 15th. Who's palm do I have to grease to get a copy?

It's still gonna sell like a hot cake and I'm gonna get one. Variant, too! He'll definitely do a variant.

Back