Alamo Drafthouse Posters

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Holy cow! Stout did that Wrath of Kahn poster! I emailed him about this about a year ago. He said he'd love to do a WoK poster and would talk to Mondo about it, and it would have to be their call. I thought he was just being nice, but true or not, I can't help but feel like I had some small part in this one! So pumped about it. Gotta get one of these.

Last edited:
BG is like the sister I never had. She is straight as an arrow when it comes to dealing with stuff like this so no worries about PP Gifting her funds.

Thanks buddy!

As for the gallery. It was small, but it was still nice. The prints that they had up were all the ones currently on sale at that time. I do hope they add more prints from their archive to the gallery. That would be great.

I don't know what to say, so I will let this kitten speak for me:

smiling_kitten.jpg

i-has-a-happy_bigger.jpg

Fixed !!! That's why BG rocks :rock:rock:rock:rock

Boba Ben, I have your print rolled in brown paper and in a tube ready to go out tomorrow afternoon. I will get the total for you once I am back from the post office. I need your address please.

Tom, once I receive your tube, I will head down to the post office and get yours mailed out to you, and then get you your total.

Both of your prints cease to amaze me. The color and the art are wonderful on them. I am not a Star Trek fan so I wouldn't get that. But because I had no idea what Brazil was, it made me want that variant print.

They had the regular and variant hanging next to each other on the wall and I can't even tell you how the variant was just the one that popped. In my opinion. I am definitely one for color. I even bought that Forbidden Planet print because of the color/art. I don't even know what it is. :lol

We went out last night and got our NOES 3 Print, our Duck Dodgers and our Super Powers prints framed. There was another guy there who saw our Super Powers print and heard us talking about Duck Dodgers, etc. He asked if we went to the Mondo gallery opening. It's funny that of the few people in there, one guy not only knew about Mondo, but camped out to get his prints. It was cool.

He did get a print we didn't get, the Dr. Who one. We're quite sore about that one but nothing we can do.

In all honesty, our love for the art work is really growing. Our list of wanted prints increases the more we look around. Just trying to figure out where this stuff will be hung. You have to run out of room sometime. How big of a house are we going to need to get. :lol

Boba Ben, I have your print rolled in brown paper and in a tube ready to go out tomorrow afternoon. I will get the total for you once I am back from the post office. I need your address please.

Tom, once I receive your tube, I will head down to the post office and get yours mailed out to you, and then get you your total.

Both of your prints cease to amaze me. The color and the art are wonderful on them. I am not a Star Trek fan so I wouldn't get that. But because I had no idea what Brazil was, it made me want that variant print.

They had the regular and variant hanging next to each other on the wall and I can't even tell you how the variant was just the one that popped. In my opinion. I am definitely one for color. I even bought that Forbidden Planet print because of the color/art. I don't even know what it is. :lol

We went out last night and got our NOES 3 Print, our Duck Dodgers and our Super Powers prints framed. There was another guy there who saw our Super Powers print and heard us talking about Duck Dodgers, etc. He asked if we went to the Mondo gallery opening. It's funny that of the few people in there, one guy not only knew about Mondo, but camped out to get his prints. It was cool.

He did get a print we didn't get, the Dr. Who one. We're quite sore about that one but nothing we can do.

In all honesty, our love for the art work is really growing. Our list of wanted prints increases the more we look around. Just trying to figure out where this stuff will be hung. You have to run out of room sometime. How big of a house are we going to need to get. :lol

Thanks again for everything! My tube is in the mail, so you should get it in a day or two. Really appreciate the help and I am looking forward to seeing that Brazil variant in person--glad to hear that it looks good.

I guess the Dr. Who print was kind of a mystery piece that wasn't on display. They had a little blue "sonic screwdriver" on sale for $100, with a "free gift" offered with purchase. If you asked to purchase the screwdriver, they would sell it to you and then slip the Olly Moss Dr. Who poster into your back as a bonus. But people figured it out quickly and the 40 or so copies that they had sold out to the folks who had spent the night outside. So I guess they deserve it!

I am definitely running out of room after collecting these things for the last couple of years.

Thanks again for everything! My tube is in the mail, so you should get it in a day or two. Really appreciate the help and I am looking forward to seeing that Brazil variant in person--glad to hear that it looks good.

I guess the Dr. Who print was kind of a mystery piece that wasn't on display. They had a little blue "sonic screwdriver" on sale for $100, with a "free gift" offered with purchase. If you asked to purchase the screwdriver, they would sell it to you and then slip the Olly Moss Dr. Who poster into your back as a bonus. But people figured it out quickly and the 40 or so copies that they had sold out to the folks who had spent the night outside. So I guess they deserve it!

I am definitely running out of room after collecting these things for the last couple of years.
It was pretty much a rumor going on all day in line that there was going to be a low run Moss available. Once people got in and started buying, word pretty much spread on how to purchase. I am pretty sure I was one of the last to get one. I was 40th in line and I believe a few people after me got one. I got there just before 2pm. Had it not been cold and raining I am sure more people would have been in line at that point.

Joss Whedon and Drew Goddard were both in line for the opening but left shortly after as the line wasn't moving. Just my luck to miss him. He's the ONE person I want to meet and I miss him.

You got one? Nice job! I wish I could have been there.

Yeah it was a good time except for waiting in the cold and rain. I can't imagine standing in line overnight in that kind of weather. 4 hours was probably my limit. One of the articles I read said they plan to do something like 8-9 of these themed shows a year, so you should have another chance soon to get down to Austin.

Joss Whedon and Drew Goddard were both in line for the opening but left shortly after as the line wasn't moving. Just my luck to miss him. He's the ONE person I want to meet and I miss him.

How the hell did he not have an invite to the early press opening?

How the hell did he not have an invite to the early press opening?

I guess they both just thought they'd do it normal people style. But they couldn't wait sadly. I would have gone to the door and been like, I'm Joss Effing Whedon. Let us in! :lol

If he had been there when I was there, he may have seen me wearing my browncoat hat and carrying my independence bag. :D But if he saw me wearing them, he didn't say anything. *sigh.

Ah well.

I can now scratch Roger Rabbit off of my want list. YAY, thanks Ban.

Back