AH! Tomb Raider: Lara Croft & The Guardian of Light PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: AH! Lara Croft: Tomb Raider Premium Format

Yay! got my shipping notice at last.

Only problem is that the delay and my excitement for this particular piece has caused my usual level of pre-unboxing apprehension to go from being slightly anxious to a nervous wreck! :panic:

At this rate I'm going to have a heart attack before I’ve even freed her from the polystyrene tomb she's trapped in.

It's been kind of a mixed bag. They shipped my Ultron PF FedEx, which turned out to be broken. So I had to send it back, but they gave me a UPS label. Then they sent the replacement by UPS. I've gotten some FedEx and some UPS since then.

I know they use both FedEx and UPS, but in the past two years, this is the first statue they've ever sent me FedEx. Hope she's perfect! :pray:

Can't wait to see pics. My last FP is charged today so I should get her either on Tues or Wed.

Yay! got my shipping notice at last.

Only problem is that the delay and my excitement for this particular piece has caused my usual level of pre-unboxing apprehension to go from being slightly anxious to a nervous wreck! :panic:

At this rate I'm going to have a heart attack before I’ve even freed her from the polystyrene tomb she's trapped in.

:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

She will be here Tuesday for me, and seems like for a lot of people. Anyone getting her sooner so we can have pics and drool and be jealous for a whole day or two?

I always opt for shipping through fedex, just much safer with the statues compared to ups, plus I think it is quicker 3 days for fedex home delivery.

I always opt for shipping through fedex, just much safer with the statues compared to ups, plus I think it is quicker 3 days for fedex home delivery.

Does Fedex charge more though?

Mine shipped UPS. Should be here Wednesday.

why is fedex safer than ups for statues?

Hopefully I'll get my shipping notice today.

How do you choose one over the other?

I keep checking this thread for pictures... i'm going crazy. :panic:

:lol

Does Fedex charge more though?

For home delivery it is right around the same cost, sometimes cheaper.

why is fedex safer than ups for statues?

UPS has ALOT of packages that they handle, and so they usually mishandle much more, plus depending on where you are at it can take longer, fedex home delivery is within 3 days almost ALWAYS, so less time in the hands of many people

I ship alot of stuff too, and had less problems with fedex than any other company or usps (which their claim service is horrible just passed a year in waiting for an approval on one statue that was damaged) fedex claims get handled in a couple weeks if all is good.

For home delivery it is right around the same cost, sometimes cheaper.

UPS has ALOT of packages that they handle, and so they usually mishandle much more, plus depending on where you are at it can take longer, fedex home delivery is within 3 days almost ALWAYS, so less time in the hands of many people

I ship alot of stuff too, and had less problems with fedex than any other company or usps (which their claim service is horrible just passed a year in waiting for an approval on one statue that was damaged) fedex claims get handled in a couple weeks if all is good.

thanks that's good to know, fedex is a pain in the **** for the shipper though. UPS/USPS pickup all packages when they come to my building, fedex express wont pick up home packages, fedex home wont pick up ground packages etc.. They are all run separate it seems, so if i dont have a fedex ground delivery for that day i have to pay $15 to schedule a pickup even if both fedex home/express came that day.

thanks that's good to know, fedex is a pain in the **** for the shipper though. UPS/USPS pickup all packages when they come to my building, fedex express wont pick up home packages, fedex home wont pick up ground packages etc.. They are all run separate it seems, so if i dont have a fedex ground delivery for that day i have to pay $15 to schedule a pickup even if both fedex home/express came that day.

or drop off at a mailbox place or fedex office/kinkos, for me there is one right on the way to work, very convenient.

I used to work at fedex express and pick ups/oncalls were only $4.00 may want to look into that, I doubt they would charge $15.
And technically express can pick up ground and home delivery (depending on who it is) but there is a spot at every fedex station that they place those and everyday or other day a ground/home delivery guy picks up the stuff.

Pics are up!!! (on the other forum :)). She looks amazing!!!

Back