AH Black Cat Comiquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but if a sculpt was made to look like that giclee already released (though I do admit it's a great one), then what would Sideshow be able to release as an exclusive art print because then they would be in violation of previously made art???

All that Adam needs to do is polish the upcoming art print for this comiquette with his mad Photoshop skills, and the final image will rival even that giclee!! Personally I'd love to see more flesh -- Adam, any chance you can undo that zipper a bit deeper on your art print??? :monkey5

I got to play with the protoype at San Diego, and she's VERY SOLIDLY pegged. No wibbley-wobbley business at all. AND, when not attached to the base and holding the duct, she makes a swell back-scratcher.

-AH!

Thanks for the reply! I love this line and now it get's even more exciting as we haven't seen any sketches for the last 3(or 6?) or have we?:cool:
So is the rumors just rumors or are there going to be more? With 6 I'm going to be a completist, but with 9 or more I think I'm going to have to pick and choose. Don't think I would buy a Black Widow or a Wanda as I'm not really into those characters(I probably change my mind when I see them though :lol)
A Storm would be interesting though, how would you simulate her windpowers in a sculpt and a afro-american portrait would look great with the others.
She-Hulk is my favorite, but AH!, please, please no bodybuilding pose if SSC makes her. That's not what she is about. Yes,she has muscles and she could be lifting something heavy. I really don't like the bodybuilder-girl just painted green stuff. She would be ideal for something humorous. Love Greg Horn's cover art and would really like to see your version of her. She should be towering over the others though.

Thanks, Adam! I figured it must be the angle/photo confusing the look for me! Thanks!

So, do you know when we hear from Sideshow about the next piece in this line? Is there an option to make more than six or s that it? Is the deal and then it's over? ( :monkey2 )

Well, we're working on the next few now, but give it a while before Sideshow makes an announcement. I want to REALLY take more of a hand in these next few so that the few minor gaffes that were present in the first 3 (all preventable if I stay on the ball), so we'll be really trying to outdo ourselves now.

As for the number? I'm contracted to do at least six. There could be more after that, but I really can't say much beyond the fact that I'm down for a gaurenteed six. You know how these lawyers can get!

-AH!

Adam, I meant to ask you this at SDCC but I was running around like an idiot since it was my first SDCC and I forgot to ask. Has Sideshow ever approached you to do a 'vs' series? I ask because I'd like to request a 'vs' statue of Adam Hughes attacking crazy ass feminist *****es with an iron dildo. :eek: :monkey5 ;) :D

With 6 I'm going to be a completist, but with 9 or more I think I'm going to have to pick and choose.

I don't believe in completism, myself. I say, only get the stuff you LIKE. If there's an 1/6 action figure I don't like, I'm not gonna get it, even if it's something I live for, like STAR WARS.

Just get the comiquettes you really want!

-Adam

Hey Adam!!! How can I book and interview with you!!! Cause P!tuvision needs to interview the Master Of Women rendering!!!! :rock :rock :rock :rock :rock

She-Hulk is my favorite, but AH!, please, please no bodybuilding pose if SSC makes her. That's not what she is about. Yes,she has muscles and she could be lifting something heavy. I really don't like the bodybuilder-girl just painted green stuff.

I agree!! No bodybuilding pose for SH if she is done please!

I really hope Storm and Rogue is on the list!

She-Hulk.....What pose, what pose....Hmm....

300px-She-hulk_008.jpg

she-hulk-benc.jpg

Shehulk01.jpg

Whoa, miss a day, miss a lot...the man actually graces the forum. Adam, I just wanted to say that your Emma comiquette was my first SideShow purchase...your work is fantastic and nobody does a female like you...I mean, in the artistic sense, heh.

I think I'd like to see Ms. Marvel next, but I'm actually pretty confident in the whole line -- no matter who they turn out to be. Sure, I have my favorites, but I'm sure Adam will do a great job with whoever the final 3 characters are. I actually initially thought MJ was a waste of a comiquette...I wanted superheroines, not Spidey's ball and chain. I did a 180 though and I'm completely sold on MJ now...and u can chalk that up to Adam. Keep 'em coming, man.

Emma was my 136th Sideshow purchase, and she's still one of my absolute favorites. Not simply because she's hotter than Hell -- it's an extremely graceful composition, the color scheme is very pleasing, and the pearlescent quality just makes her stand out. (Wish this was the paint they used on Arwen!)

But the thing that I find most pleasing is the basic anatomical correctness of the body sculpt. Sure, she has superboobs -- but she actually has a body you can imagine living and breathing. This, more than anything, is what women seem to appreciate. Despite her obvious exaggeration, Emma doesn't actually seem like an adolescent male fantasy, which is exactly what sets her apart from the vast majority of comicbook female sculpts I've seen. (Not that there aren't some nice ones out there, of course.)

And her face is beautiful and mature. Seriously, Emma is CLASSY, any way you look at her.

This is why I'm curious to know what exactly you find lacking in her case. It can't be just the peg wobble, or even the way her right hand just will. not. grasp. that cape strap...

Back