ACI Toys - 300 - Leonidas

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^^^ thank lord! I will be sticking to aci as rubber bodies proven in ht case if done right have had minimal or non existent issues

Dave - sorry if I confused you cause I was somehow confused myself as this was aci thread and hence the issue.

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/.../137019-leon-911-partial-collection-40-a.html

Agree with you, no joints for me..:)
When your paying this much money for a figure you dont want to see joints. It reminds me too much of an overpriced action figure.

What do you guys want? Weathered/battle damaged or clean?

Because the HT figure is kinda clean, I kinda want a thoroughly weathered figure.

Because the HT figure is kinda clean, I kinda want a thoroughly weathered figure.

I agree with you, it should have that brown weathered/dirty appearance. This way its different to the HT Leo and it appeals to both collectors that missed the HT Leo and collectors that already own the HT Leo.

Weathered! I like my figures as museum like as possible! I do agree that the ht one while awesome still needed a lot of weathering (they did it only on the cloak which was good enough for back then but not now)

The only issue is I doubt we will get it weathered. They probably have never done that kind of work.

Edit: also if it has a war scene base or dio! Weathering would be a must In my view!

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/.../137019-leon-911-partial-collection-40-a.html

Clean. Weathering is hit or miss when done by a company. On the other hand you can always buy a Tamiya weathering set and have awesome results in a few minutes.

Lets hope ACI hits it then. Modifying the figure yourself completely devalues it unless done by the top guys in the customs section and even then its hit or miss finding a buyer from the general public if you decide to sell later down the line.

The body will not be rubber. But with the costume (cape, greaves, etc.) the only joint you'll really see will be the elbow. There is an environment base- same idea as Selene's. The shorts are leatherlike. Broken arrows in the shield is yet to be determined. None were shown.
Thanks for the info, Dave. Question, will the diorama base be a deluxe set? Because I would much rather get the figure for a cheaper price with no base. It would also expand their sale options too for a lower price market, such as I am.
I have lost 90 pct interest now :( that body not being rubber is a huge let down for me. I had chatted with their rep once and they had said its confirmed to be rubber! Did anything change and hence now it's plastic :( :(

I guess it is what it is!

Well I'll take your place, I'm far more interested now because it doesn't have a rubber body.
oh_yes_creepy_loki.gif
Best response yet.

My reaction exactly, lol. Let's hope they nail the sculpt too... Along with die-cast accessories. I'd pay a little extra for that if the quality matches the price.

Lets hope ACI hits it then. Modifying the figure yourself completely devalues it unless done by the top guys in the customs section and even then its hit or miss finding a buyer from the general public if you decide to sell later down the line.

I really dont care about any kind of reselling value. Never see your collection as an investment, but as a hobby in your freetime. If you want to invest your money there are smarter ways to do so.

This being said, the Tamiya weathering kit is removable from my memory. :duff

I really dont care about any kind of reselling value. Never see your collection as an investment, but as a hobby in your freetime. If you want to invest your money there are smarter ways to do so.

Thats the cool thing about collecting figures, everyone is allowed to do with their figures /statues what they want and what makes them happy.

Yup. Collect for yourself, not the next owner.

Thats the cool thing about collecting figures, everyone is allowed to do with their figures /statues what they want and what makes them happy.

You dont get the point. If you collect for value, you will definitly lose your money sooner or later. It is simply not the best investment. But if it makes you happy, you can of course do what you want.

You dont get the point. If you collect for value, you will definitly lose your money sooner or later. It is simply not the best investment. But if it makes you happy, you can of course do what you want.

Your just trolling now...And its so obvious, but I will play along.
I simply said that weathering could affect resale value,especially if not done properly, thats it. If you dont care about resale value then good for you.
I never said anything about collecting for value or investment so I think you didnt get the point.

I think a better way to put this to rest is to address both points positively!

1) - weathering if not done right may depreciate the "art value" of the figure in "your own eyes" and that may eventually lead you to pic one more up! So loss of $s

2) I also - on the other hand very strongly feel and agree that never ever buy these as "investment" in the long run you will always lose out! And there are far far better way to "invest money" and that i agree!

There are a few who buy / click pictures / and flip figures. That's all they do! I understand from time to time you have to sell a figure or two but if you plan to sell something just 2 weeks after you got it and clicked a few snap that's not a respectable collector in my books... But thankfully That's just 1 pct of collectors out here!

So guys lets wait an see what they throw at us! More importantly friends we need another star ace thread ;)

Back