ACI Toys - 300 - Leonidas

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your just trolling now...And its so obvious, but I will play along.
I simply said that weathering could affect resale value,especially if not done properly, thats it. If you dont care about resale value then good for you.
I never said anything about collecting for value or investment so I think you didnt get the point.

No worries, if I am going to troll you, you will most likely realize it a little bit earlier. Relax. Always try to imagine we are all sitting in a bar and have a *insert favorite drink here* together. Noone is comming here for quarrels (at least not me).

Lets just move on as Leon911 did sum up everything perfectly. :duff

I think a better way to put this to rest is to address both points positively!

1) - weathering if not done right may depreciate the "art value" of the figure in "your own eyes" and that may eventually lead you to pic one more up! So loss of $s

2) I also - on the other hand very strongly feel and agree that never ever buy these as "investment" in the long run you will always lose out! And there are far far better way to "invest money" and that i agree!

There are a few who buy / click pictures / and flip figures. That's all they do! I understand from time to time you have to sell a figure or two but if you plan to sell something just 2 weeks after you got it and clicked a few snap that's not a respectable collector in my books... But thankfully That's just 1 pct of collectors out here!

So guys lets wait an see what they throw at us! More importantly friends we need another star ace thread ;)

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/.../137019-leon-911-partial-collection-40-a.html

Could not have said it better.
Leon, someone really needs to start a Star Ace 300/Leonidas thread.

No worries, if I am going to troll you, you will most likely realize it a little bit earlier. Relax. Always try to imagine we are all sitting in a bar and have a *insert favorite drink here* together. Noone is comming here for quarrels (at least not me).

Lets just move on as Leon911 did sum up everything perfectly. :duff

Agreed.:hi5:
Looking forward to this figure.

Ideas for a successful Leonidas:

*Weathered jointless body hopefully without any rubber or other deterioration issues.
*Die cast weapons
*Accurate likeness
*Leather instead of plastic for straps etc
*Some sort of diorama battle base.

I made the Star Ace thread since, for whatever reason, nobody seemed to want to do it
scratchhead.gif

^well that sucks. I've been wanting a Leonidas figure and refuse to pay the ridiculous prices on ebay. Obviously everyone else does too cause I see plenty of them on there. Once ACI finally puts this up for pre order the ebay prices will drop to well within reason LOL. If they do as well or even better than they did on the Thracian General I'd say we are in for a real treat!

Back