[ ACI Toys ] 1/6 100% New Body-Christian "Medium Built Bodies" coming soon!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: [ ACI Toys ] 1/6 100% New Body-Christian "Medium Built Bodies" coming soon!!!!

All 3 versions are in stock at BBTS... price is a touch higher than others, but I don't think anyone is selling them for close to retail at this time.

Re: [ ACI Toys ] 1/6 100% New Body-Christian "Medium Built Bodies" coming soon!!!!

Folks,

We received our stock of Christian bodies. I just wanted to share some comparison photos of the skintones. These are all raw photos, without any adjustments in tint, brightness, contrast, etc. Due to the differences in computer monitors, the actual color tones will likely be different from what you see in hand. I took these photos to demonstrate the difference in tone between the bodies, not necessarily what color the bodies actually are. I feel they are all very close together in appearance so hopefully you find it informative in your purchasing decision. I find that these bodies have a bit more red/pink/purple in them than Hot Toys' orange/brown toned bodies.

8613854924_854ba8a5e5_o.jpg

8613854950_f0668ce209_b.jpg

8613854966_0caeef28f1_o.jpg

Naturally, the Unpainted version is the lightest, the Asian version introduces some blushing so it's a bit darker, the Caucasian version adds some speckling to the Asian version, so it's just slightly darker than the Asian.

Measurements on Christian is 87.5 mm across the shoulders and 44.3 mm deep (from back to front), while the TTM-19 is 85.7 mm across the shoulders and 41 mm deep. Overall, nearly identical proportions.

Christian's shoulder joint is smooth, the ratchet from the Andrew body is gone. The elbow joint now has a ratchet, but it smooths out with use. You will need to use a blowdryer or heat gun to exchange hands as they are hard and you don't want to risk broken wrist pegs.

So I got two of these bodies today. I like it, but there is not much "medium" about the physique. It is very broad-shouldered and beefy in the chest, bigger than a standard HT chest. There is no way this works for Christian Bale, Harrison Ford, Ewan McGregor, or any of the other men I had in mind.

So I got two of these bodies today. I like it, but there is not much "medium" about the physique. It is very broad-shouldered and beefy in the chest, bigger than a standard HT chest. There is no way this works for Christian Bale, Harrison Ford, Ewan McGregor, or any of the other men I had in mind.

Yeah. No kidding. Medium physique
Ftw

Has anyone asked if they sell Jewish medium-built bodies yet?

jesus H.christ...:1-1:

Probably why they call it a "Christian." ;)

Coming Soon: ACI Muslim Terrorist body.

So lemme get this straight, this is more or less like the HT muscle body that's been used for wolverine, comedian TTm 19 right?

I need slimer body too, to bash a nurse ledger joker. And so far there isn't an appropriate body out there yet:gah:

So lemme get this straight, this is more or less like the HT muscle body that's been used for wolverine, comedian TTm 19 right?

I need slimer body too, to bash a nurse ledger joker. And so far there isn't an appropriate body out there yet:gah:

The TTM-19 has the same chest as the HT "Royce" body, right?

Well if so, the chest on the "medium" body is actually slight larger (by 0.25 cm approximately) than a TTM-19. On the other hand the measurement works out to 102.6 cm (40 inch) chest in 1:1 scale, which for Caucasian men is considered "medium".

This really gets to the issue of all HT products being slight under true 1:6 scale. Christian seems "big" because ACI actually made a real 1:6 scale medium-frame male (his limbs may be undersized though making his chest seem larger).

The same thing happened with the "big a**" that people complained about on the newer HT females, e.g. Alice. Well I measured that too once and it worked out to not merely average, but 'ideal' 36 inch hips.

The ACI is essentially a replacement/similar option to the TTM19. I think they're calling it Medium build as it is beefier than their standard 12" body (which is similar to a TT) but not as big as the Andrew body they released last year.

I got two in on Friday; not a bad base body and I'll definitely be able to use them. But like the Andew it seems like the legs are already a tad loose right out of the package.

Still, not bad for $40ish :lecture

The ACI Christian is the best "everyman" or "average Joe" body out there. It's the most realistic especially with the painted veins. Very pleased with these. Just wish they weren't sold out everywhere.

The middle custom body might be suitable for a joker nurse body. Any idea if that's available yet?

Btw isn't the torso a tad too long? 10 packs anyone?

What about the smaller Kaustic Plastic body? It's got kind of odd proportions; but muscular sculpted arms and legs. The body is a bit narrower than the TTM19 (especially in the chest) and has a bit more of a "medium" build to it.

The one on the right
kp02a-1web.jpg

The ACI Christian is the best "everyman" or "average Joe" body out there. It's the most realistic especially with the painted veins. Very pleased with these. Just wish they weren't sold out everywhere.

The unpainted is still in stock at BBTS.

KP is also releasing a "medium" build body. There's probably a thread about it somewhere in here.

Yep, their athletic build body. Looks decent; hoping to pick up an AA one to upgrade my Mr. T custom :rock

What about the smaller Kaustic Plastic body? It's got kind of odd proportions; but muscular sculpted arms and legs. The body is a bit narrower than the TTM19 (especially in the chest) and has a bit more of a "medium" build to it.

The one on the right
kp02a-1web.jpg

I've heard nothing but bad about those between the weird skin tone in hand and the ridiculous sculpted veins. Always here that they have weird proportins like they're bow legged.

It sucks because I was hoping that these were gong to fill that thinner muscle body void too

Back