[ ACI Toys ] 1/6 100% New Body-Christian "Medium Built Bodies" coming soon!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: [ ACI Toys ] 1/6 100% New Body-Christian "Medium Built Bodies" coming soon!!!!

I'm still thinking about it... CUZ you've got me pissed off!

FACT is I didn't want the sleeveless figures of Daryl or the chest baring Rick to come with the Truetype knock off. SO YEAH I PUSHED HARD FOR A THIRD PARTY BODY that at least LOOKS good.

And secondly the Leonard Shelby and John McClane figure wouldn't even be happening if it wasn't for me. Michonne and Merle are happening because of my relationship with Iminime. YOU SHOULD BE THANKING ME

Re: [ ACI Toys ] 1/6 100% New Body-Christian "Medium Built Bodies" coming soon!!!!

It's true BM, not for nothin'. You have been bashing these guys semi-relentlessly since Ra's. It's like you have some personal vendetta against Iminime :lol. Your approach is always destructive and never constructive. You were the one and only member thus far that made Denny himself react negatively.

I don’t know what you expect from them but you know that a customizer doing runs of this size can’t Frankenstein bodies and you know that they can’t source out 100 rare bodies at a feasible price; if they can even scrounge the Earth to find 100 TTM17s.

You also know that the KO’s don’t cost them s__t and the only reason that they use them is for full figure appeal. You keep talking about H&C sets but if the KO’s cost them say $12-$17 ea. wholesale, what do you want them to knock off of the full set price???? They’ve said several times that there is no profit on the body so excluding it wouldn’t matter much.

Ash looks fine on that ACI and so does Daryl. Is the TTM19 a better quality body?... YES. Are the proportions better for Daryl. HELL NO THE TTM IS TOO JACKED!

Someone needs to see if the ACI can be modded and broken in with a little heat. I think that if some remedies work to right the wrongs, this IS the right body for Daryl, McClane, Lenny, ETC….

thanks Pop...just ordered a few....these will work great with some of the customs i am planning...its ridiculous what they are selling for on ebay plus shipping!!!!.....:)

It's true BM, not for nothin'. You have been bashing these guys semi-relentlessly since Ra's. It's like you have some personal vendetta against Iminime :lol. Your approach is always destructive and never constructive. You were the one and only member thus far that made Denny himself react negatively.

I don’t know what you expect from them but you know that a customizer doing runs of this size can’t Frankenstein bodies and you know that they can’t source out 100 rare bodies at a feasible price; if they can even scrounge the Earth to find 100 TTM17s.

You also know that the KO’s don’t cost them s__t and the only reason that they use them is for full figure appeal. You keep talking about H&C sets but if the KO’s cost them say $12-$17 ea. wholesale, what do you want them to knock off of the full set price???? They’ve said several times that there is no profit on the body so excluding it wouldn’t matter much.

Ash looks fine on that ACI and so does Daryl. Is the TTM19 a better quality body?... YES. Are the proportions better for Daryl. HELL NO THE TTM IS TOO JACKED!

Someone needs to see if the ACI can be modded and broken in with a little heat. I think that if some remedies work to right the wrongs, this IS the right body for Daryl, McClane, Lenny, ETC….

Tonight, when I get a chance to I'll break out the blow dryer.

i agreed with you pop to the extent that it was the right body for McLane and Lenny...but the BL bbody is unfortunetly the best and most expensive choice for Daryl....:-/...i feel good that i have 1 extra that i will be using for my daryl bash....:)

thanks Pop...just ordered a few....these will work great with some of the customs i am planning...its ridiculous what they are selling for on ebay plus shipping!!!!.....:)

:hi5:

Tonight, when I get a chance to I'll break out the blow dryer.

:hi5: I'm sure that it will work as long as it's hot but I'm wondering if it will just revert once it cools down. I guess feel it out when you're doing it. It may take a lot or a little to break it in.

I wish Beto would chime in but I’m sure he’s too busy to give a tutorial

Last edited:

I definitely think it would be cool to see if the hairdrier trick makes the abs move. My issue with the bodies though is not the quality which I think is actually good enough to be honest and better than a lot of crappy bodies out there on the market.

My issue is the build itself, While I know some day it will come in perfect handy just like all my spare bodies do I'm not too concerned. But I did however want a John Mcclane and my concern with this body is the build alone.

It's all wrong for John Mcclane IMO, is it better than the HT muscle body? I don't think so actually. since his chest is BIGGER and more defined and he's overall taller and has the illusion of being a bit buffer it's just too big a dude for Willis. Willis needs to be on a Bruce Lee sized body but way less ripped with more body fat, so basically a body that does not exist. I build a custom Mcclane on a HT muscle body and while it is not nearly accurate enough for several reasons I really prefer it to this body.

Right now the closest body to Mcclane is Enterbay's Mr. Han/Al Pcino body, the chest works but the problem is that the arms are not meant to be exposed. But the overall body type is closest to Willis.

The walking dead guys I don't really care about fussing what;s wrong with this body because I always felt either the Blitzway body or the BL body extended was perfect for them. Those guys are really skinny. I only want Rick Grimes too anyway but for those looking to build their own personally I would not waste their time with these bodies. If you look at some of the stellar work done on Daryl and Rick by guys like Seb and Kato it's all done using BL bodies.

You right about a lot Ray but the problem is and always was that all the different body types that we need don't exist. Like I said in the Lecter thread "That's what this hobby is missing; a body for the 40+ unathletic dude with a gut who wears tee shirts" (or something to that effect :D).

These are action figures so everything has a more heroic look. The Supes body that HT supplied was twice the size of Reeves in real life. They paid homage to the comic version on that and all similar situations are equal.

Really they will never be a body made for "the normal guy" who has no muscle tone and looks unathletic. That's why we have to pick the lesser of all evils; and are choices are: is this two skinny, too buffed or just right for "this guy"?

Last edited:

You right about a lot Ray but the problem is and always was that all the different body types that we need don't exist. Like I said in the Lecter thread "That's what this hobby is missing; a body for the 40+ unathletic dude with a gut who wears tee shirts" (or something to that effect :D).

These are action figures so everything has a more heroic look. The Supes body that HT supplied was twice the size of Reeves in real life. They paid homage to the comic version on that and all similar situations are equal.

Really they will never be a body made of "the normal guy" who has no muscle tone and looks unathletic. That's why we have to pick the lesser of all evils; and are choices are: is this two skinny, too buffed or just right for "this guy"?

Thing is the bodies exist to a degree. The narrow shoulder would probably work EXCEPT its not sculpted or designed for shirtless/sleeveless applications. it looks terrible.

I think Pop is pretty bang on that the average dude body is sorely needed wake is right that a lose option might be the narrow shoulder TrueType but I'd go one further and again say its Al pacino Enterbay. The TrueType has an athletic tapered waist and Ved torso while pacino is a little more average, thicker waist and less built chest. But yes it's not meant to be exposed other than the neck. Still I love that body and have a wealth of them. They are really the only option for a true average build.

I just got my order in and I really like this body. As many have reported, the arms are really stiff like the Andrew bodies, but I much prefer it stiff than too loose. The HT bodies are still the best but proportionately, I think these Christians are better than the upcoming Kaustik ones. The body proportions just look so much better. I think many of us collectors are used to Hot Toys releasing almost a new body with every character that we forget the fact that some of these smaller companies can only release a body design every now and then. I think over time though we'll see more and more body styles. Real people don't have one universal body size and shape and we only have so many 1/6 bodies to choose from at this point.

I think Pop is pretty bang on that the average dude body is sorely needed wake is right that a lose option might be the narrow shoulder TrueType but I'd go one further and again say its Al pacino Enterbay. The TrueType has an athletic tapered waist and Ved torso while pacino is a little more average, thicker waist and less built chest. But yes it's not meant to be exposed other than the neck. Still I love that body and have a wealth of them. They are really the only option for a true average build.

A wealth of them you don't say? Whenever you want do a cash & carry deal let me know!

Thing is the bodies exist to a degree. The narrow shoulder would probably work EXCEPT its not sculpted or designed for shirtless/sleeveless applications. it looks terrible.

That's what I meant; I'm only talking about exposed arms/neck/chest; and legs are even harder.

Fully clothed figs are the easy part. Almost all of the base bodies you could possibly want are available if you're just looking to bury them in clothes. You could always Frankenstein or make things work with padding/fat suits

The iminime walking dead lOok good inhave to say I think people will complain when the figures come in expect the heads to be massive and the guys to be too tall, Denny did a great job sizing the heads to the bodies by I'd wager to say the proportions would be what would have to be sacrificed.

The iminime walking dead lOok good inhave to say I think people will complain when the figures come in expect the heads to be massive and the guys to be too tall, Denny did a great job sizing the heads to the bodies by I'd wager to say the proportions would be what would have to be sacrificed.

Daryl looks perfect. I think Rick can too with better futzing

I was able to move my Rick over to the ACI Christian last night. Honestly, I'm very happy with the results.

A blow dryer is absolutely necessary when changing the hands (which are wonderfully sized btw) and I used it to loosen up the elbow joints as well. Articulation is tight but there is movement, and the hold is very strong for posing. The quality and feel of the body is high - paint app is good and the caucasian skin tone is natural.

As for the mid section, I just don't see any way to bend without modifying somewhat. It's not flexible at all. Since I am using Moe's sheriff clothes which are a bit larger than Kato's, I find the body size works great for Rick. That being said, the pants are very tight at the waist and I may sand down the midsection to not only help in the fitment, but possibly improve articulation.

I'm happy with this body. Rick will be my only TWD figure so I'm not overly concerned with scaling him to Daryl or others...that being said, I think the BL body is still the best choice for Daryl and probably still the best choice for Rick's with Kato gear.

Still need to lock in a painter and weather him up, but so far, I'm happy with how Rick's shaping up:

rgaci3a.jpg

rgaci2a.jpg

rgacia.jpg

Nice BUT I want to see what's in front of the channel 4 news backdrop. I'm Ron Burgandy?

I was able to move my Rick over to the ACI Christian last night. Honestly, I'm very happy with the results.

A blow dryer is absolutely necessary when changing the hands (which are wonderfully sized btw) and I used it to loosen up the elbow joints as well. Articulation is tight but there is movement, and the hold is very strong for posing. The quality and feel of the body is high - paint app is good and the caucasian skin tone is natural.

As for the mid section, I just don't see any way to bend without modifying somewhat. It's not flexible at all. Since I am using Moe's sheriff clothes which are a bit larger than Kato's, I find the body size works great for Rick. That being said, the pants are very tight at the waist and I may sand down the midsection to not only help in the fitment, but possibly improve articulation.

I'm happy with this body. Rick will be my only TWD figure so I'm not overly concerned with scaling him to Daryl or others...that being said, I think the BL body is still the best choice for Daryl and probably still the best choice for Rick's with Kato gear.

Still need to lock in a painter and weather him up, but so far, I'm happy with how Rick's shaping up:

rgaci3a.jpg

rgaci2a.jpg

rgacia.jpg

Got the very last body from Cotswold. I don't see how anybody could bash this. MUCH better than the Hot Toys TTM-19. Joints are nice, not overly stiff. What a great all-around body. Love the skin detail and veins. Looks so natural. Best body for 1:6 IMO. Hope they release more of them.

The general thoughts on these bodies are so extremely opposite it's so odd. I don't have them in hand yet but the one thing that I'm really starting to notice from pics is the forearms have weird proportions. The forearms look almost as big as the upper arm in some pics.

But the Iminime TWD guys look good even though this isn't the most perfect physique for Rick.

Daryl looks perfect. I think Rick can too with better futzing

Did you ever try to break it in with the hair dryer?

Back