New 1/6 Scale Male Muscle Body

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZICA Toys

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
New body in development that should be available in the 3rd quarter of this year. This will be offered as a blank buck and also utilized for in house projects involving original and licensed IPs. ZICA Toys is completely new to the 1/6 scale action figure market and I'm hoping to find valuable resources here on the forums for prototyping needs.

ZICA 12inch Body.jpg

Interesting. If I may give some inputs, this body looks a lot like Vtoys 1/12 body. Neck seems too short to provide most 1/6 scale head sculpt. The legs need to be longer, in this current length will make the arms long and will give the monkey arms effect, similar to some of Mcfarlane figures. Their Green Lantern and the recent Batman Pattinson suffered from this. A muscular guy is expected to be ideal and proportionate so the longer legs will do good. And if you are new and want to be different and make a difference, I suggest you make a body with a regular slim guy shape, no bulging muscle. There's too much of a muscular guys, the community needs a slim guy too and it's lacking. A single jointed elbows for aesthetic look could be good too. Or a teenager body, like a 25cm tall including head. Make it readily available, and I'm quite sure a lot of people will buy it for their customizing purposes.

Nothing like a brand soliciting for "free" assistance.

1:6 muscular bodies are already being addressed by a number of brands unless what's being proposed is at a very attractive (i.e., cheap) price point that'll provide the same design aesthetics, durability, and quality as the other brands. If not, then why bother?

Anyway, good luck.

I have to say that I am really looking forward to this.
The articulation looks great, has all the features that I need for my customs ( no exposed joints on mine so all the better).
Finally a 2 piece neck joint on a muscular body so I don't have to muck around with making my own.
And a price point that is workable.
Cannot wait! Have 2 on order already.

Looks like a very good starting point. I'd suggest looking into making the neck and wrist connectors as universal as possible, or selling it with different types of connectors. It's always a pain in the butt when you buy a body and discover that the head doesn't fit on the damn neck.

A good percentage of the muscular 1/6 bodies aren't very good, only Worldbox has some unique physiques. Most of the others are just knock offs of the Wolverine and Bane bodies, which I've never liked.

The V Toys 1/12 body has the best traditional superhero physique, this looks like it's trying to copy that but looks a little cheap. Needs textured arms and neck at least.

Back