Accidental Wii Suicide

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have no idea how many he has....lol. Typo.

And you know how to deal with dumb kids? Ya teach them. Teach your kid the difference between a white controller, and a black pistol.

l would just like to know why the kid put the gun to his head and pulled the trigger.

The mother said she was only 3 feet away from the girl when it happened.

Read somewhere that she was on PC or something, also that the kids brother was in the room also with her

(Havent read the article linked here because read about it before and dont want to read the same story twice)

I read about this on another forum. Very sad indeed. I am a firm beliver in the 2nd Amendment but it's just common sense not to leave a loaded gun lying around where a child can reach it. Both parents belong in jail as far as I'm concerned as this was 100% preventable.

I have no idea how many he has....lol. Typo.

And you know how to deal with dumb kids? Ya teach them. Teach your kid the difference between a white controller, and a black pistol.

Cheyenne Alexis McKeehan was not dumb, she was only three years old.
The Wii controller in question is in the picture below.
article-1256641-08A507A0000005DC-530_468x342.jpg

I can't see how a three year old can commit suicide.
This should be an involuntary manslaughter charge against the Step-Father.

God be with this child and her family.

But ...

(1) Who leaves a loaded handgun on a coffee table with a toddler wandering around? I have a 2-year-old, and won't leave an opened Coke can accessible. My handguns are way out-of-reach.

(2) It seems like a bit of an odd story ... the triggers on handguns are more difficult to pull than one might think. For a 3-year-old to pull the trigger while the gun was facing her seems strange. Is it possible that the child was accidentally shot by one of the adults, and they crafted the story?

SnakeDoc

while true, it saddens me that we are infact better detectives than most law enforcement

They can't. That child had every reason to believe that the gun would not harm her. She had every reason to believe that it would be nothing but fun. She wanted to play, not die.

What I don't see is how a parent could be that stupid. Can a person really be that vacant? I don't believe it.

Cheyenne Alexis McKeehan was not dumb, she was only three years old.
The Wii controller in question is in the picture below.
article-1256641-08A507A0000005DC-530_468x342.jpg

This should be an involuntary manslaughter charge against the Step-Father.

Well ____....when do Wii guns look like that??? I mean seriously. :horror

The way I'm thinking it may have happened "if" a parent didn't do it is the barrel of the gun was probably pointed outwards. The child probably walked up to the table with muzzle pointed towards face. Reached forward to get it and thumb was in trigger guard and probably pulled trigger. Tragic and entirely preventable. I carry a gun everywhere I can. If it is one me, it is loaded. If it is not on me, it is unloaded and locked up.

The way I'm thinking it may have happened "if" a parent didn't do it is the barrel of the gun was probably pointed outwards. The child probably walked up to the table with muzzle pointed towards face. Reached forward to get it and thumb was in trigger guard and probably pulled trigger. Tragic and entirely preventable. I carry a gun everywhere I can. If it is one me, it is loaded. If it is not on me, it is unloaded and locked up.

I can safely say that most gun owners are not as curtious or wise as you. (I mean that truthfully, not sarcastically).

I also have to wonder why someone would have a Wii controller like that. This guy must have gone out of his way to buy a scary looking controller for essentially a children's system. Why?

Everyone in that family is a dumbass..the parents are dumbass' for leaving a gun around and the kid is a dumbass for thinking it's a Wiimote.

Are you serious? There are adults who don't know basic gun safety. How do you expect a toddler to know?

true........either way you look at it, the parent is 100% at fault, there should be some kind of punishment, accident or not

Everyone in that family is a dumbass..the parents are dumbass' for leaving a gun around and the kid is a dumbass for thinking it's a Wiimote.

yea the parents are dumbasses but the tragedy is it's a three year old kid, at least show some compassion for a baby.

They can't. That child had every reason to believe that the gun would not harm her. She had every reason to believe that it would be nothing but fun. She wanted to play, not die.

What I don't see is how a parent could be that stupid. Can a person really be that vacant? I don't believe it.

Kind of makes you wonder why we need to pass a driver's test to drive, yet people like this can procreate without a license.

Back