Accidental Wii Suicide

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Honestly, why do law-abiding people need guns?
Lots of others have guns, and "law-abiding" people want a means to defend themselves against these villains, so that's one reason (some poor Indian grad students were shot in the head down the street from me a couple years ago, and if they could have shot back, maybe it wouldn't have happened). Others want a gun just in case the gov'ment comes to get 'em. Others want guns to shoot animals for food or sport. Some are probably professional marksmen like those guys who ski then shoot at targets in the Olympics. Others might be collectors of guns. Others might just like shootin' things. Some are probably cops or military personnel, who use guns as part of their profession. So, various reasons.

To feel they have some recourse against non law abiding citizens perhaps, or the government to feel they can totally dominate their citizens, the inability of the police force to achieve their prime objective, to protect it's citizens. Plus it may dissuade the non law abiding to take an illegal action in the first place. There's also the right to have one, so why not exercise that right? The power of lobby groups. Alien invasion and zombies.

Aside from reasons of paranoia, not much really. Too bad it's only paranoia until the time that paranoid state is actually realised.

Pretty feeble reasons, overall, redneck reasoning.

Dude, GUNS are awesome. They're fun to shoot, and can totally help you if you were in a "jam". Dont be hatin cuz people are stupid and dont teach their kids...

Dude, GUNS are awesome. They're fun to shoot, and can totally help you if you were in a "jam". Dont be hatin cuz people are stupid and dont teach their kids...

I agree. And what dumb @ss leaves a gun on his coffee table?

Nope. My dad owns one. We keep them locked up. No one touches them.

What? He owns one, but you have them, meaning more than one. Huh???

Dude, always consider people to be stupid unless they prove otherwise. Don't be hatin cuz kids start off dumb and no one knows which ones will get brains once they get older.

I have no idea how many he has....lol. Typo.

And you know how to deal with dumb kids? Ya teach them. Teach your kid the difference between a white controller, and a black pistol.

What? He owns one, but you have them, meaning more than one. Huh???

Dude, always consider people to be stupid unless they prove otherwise. Don't be hatin cuz kids start off dumb and no one knows which ones will get brains once they get older.

Her brains are on the coffee table, because her dad was smart enough to leave a loaded .308 hangun on a table where his daugter can easily reach.

So normally people who own a gun leave it loaded and on a table so their three year old daughter can shoot herself with it?
??? Do I really have to spell it out for you? If he didn't have one to leave on the coffee table it would never have been there to leave.

People do stupid things all the time. Even intelligent people. People get easily distracted. People make mistakes all the time. Accidents happen. Is there such a thing as coincidence?

By your reasoning, would it make it better if it had been left on the floor, or a bed, or in a jar in a cupboard? Get real. He had one, why? Because it's awesome to have one, and fun to have one to shoot.

All I was saying is that something seems wrong with this story. People who own guns dont usually leave them lying around, especially if they have kids.

Sure. :peace

The media will slant the story to meet their ends. They'll include certain aspects and omit others to cause controversy and outrage. Why? to sell newspapers? Yeah, but because some lobby group want, or on the other hand, as in this case, don't want the public to retain ownership of weapons, regardless if they are disassembled and locked away.

Honestly, why do grown men need action figures?

The truth is, its none of your business what law-abiding people do. Why shouldn't we have guns for whatever (law-abiding) reason we want? I have several (including handguns, rifles, and a shotgun), and a concealed carry license. They are safely stored when I'm not carrying. I have them for self defense, and because I enjoy owning and firing them. My children are too young to shoot at the moment, but will be taught appropriate safety, maintenance and technique when the time is right.

People should be held responsible for their actions. Responsible gun owners should not be held responsible for the irresponsible actions of others. I have never left a firearm out, much less a loaded one, with a chambered round, on a coffee table, within reach of a 3-year-old. But, I take responsibility for the protecton of my property and family ... and, what good would it do if the only gun-owners were lawbreakers?

SnakeDoc

Last edited:
Honestly, why do grown men need action figures?

SnakeDoc

So what you're saying is grown men don't need action figures and they don't need guns, but that you have them for defense of your property and family, and have them locked away when not carrying. So when they're locked away you feel your family isn't safe and you are unable to defend them or your property. So are you being responsible in the defense of property and family by locking them away?

I'm assuming they are locked away whilst you're asleep, and thus leaving both family and property indefensible. Yet whilst you are asleep you've never had to defend property nor family.

Look I don't want to presume to tell you what to do, or what you should do or not. Just trying to follow your logic to my way of thinking. I'm willing to agree we are both flawed.

So what you're saying is grown men don't need action figures and they don't need guns, but that you have them for defense of your property and family, and have them locked away when not carrying.

I'm saying that one man should not presume to determine for another what is and is not necessary.

So when they're locked away you feel your family isn't safe and you are unable to defend them or your property. So are you being responsible in the defense of property and family by locking them away?

I'm assuming they are locked away whilst you're asleep, and thus leaving both family and property indefensible. Yet whilst you are asleep you've never had to defend property nor family.

Look I don't want to presume to tell you what to do, or what you should do or not. Just trying to follow your logic to my way of thinking. I'm willing to agree we are both flawed.

I have one loaded handgun (with two additional loaded clips) which is stored in a biometric safe on a high shelf in my bedroom. The safe is only a couple of strides from my bed, and is quickly accessible via the fingerprints of me or my wife (and ONLY me or my wife). My kids cannot reach the safe, and couldn't open it even if they could reach it. The rest of my weapons and ammunition and are stored unloaded, with cleared chambers, in a locked combination gun safe in my closet.

I typically carry an HK USP Compact .45 or a Walther PPK (depending on concealability and clothing). I have never had occasion to draw on anyone, and hope I never do. I carry for the same reason I carry a pocketknife ... just in case it should ever come in handy.

I go target shooting a time or two a month for practice and pure enjoyment. I'm not a hunter, because its really early in the morning, and I don't want to go ... plus, I wouldn't know how to field dress a deer when I caught it, so I'd rather just buy my meat at a butcher shop.

SnakeDoc

Last edited:
guns should be kept in a childsafe place but not too hard to get to in case you're being robbed or assaulted. pretty simple i think, but people get lazy at times when they come home from a long day hunting or something. at the very least a gun should never be loaded at home IMO. i think most times when being robbed or something at home if you have enough time to grab a gun you have enough time to load it too. especially if its as simple as throwing in a clip.

We can't even have pocket knives. Anything that be construed as a weapon, or unnecessary to have on your person, and you'll be processed accordingly. Paranoia works both ways and the world turns a little crazier every day. We're heading for a totally homogenised community, all the while our government sheds more and more responsibility. Part of which is a greatly stressed police force. They can't even keep prisoners from having weapons. Great role modelling we've got over here.

sad to hear a 3yr old made the ultimate sacrifice for someones stupidness.

for me though this story seems a bit off and i think there's more to it.

Back