Accidental Wii Suicide

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

action-Jon

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Oh that's horrible. How a parent even allows their child to get near a weapon is beyond me.

God be with this child and her family.

But ...

(1) Who leaves a loaded handgun on a coffee table with a toddler wandering around? I have a 2-year-old, and won't leave an opened Coke can accessible. My handguns are way out-of-reach.

(2) It seems like a bit of an odd story ... the triggers on handguns are more difficult to pull than one might think. For a 3-year-old to pull the trigger while the gun was facing her seems strange. Is it possible that the child was accidentally shot by one of the adults, and they crafted the story?

SnakeDoc

No criminal investigation? It's at least criminal negligance.

And if you're used to playing the game, why point the gun at yourself? I could understand if she shot the tv.

(2) It seems like a bit of an odd story ... the triggers on handguns are more difficult to pull than one might think. For a 3-year-old to pull the trigger while the gun was facing her seems strange. Is it possible that the child was accidentally shot by one of the adults, and they crafted the story?

Seems likely.

God be with this child and her family.

But ...

(1) Who leaves a loaded handgun on a coffee table with a toddler wandering around? I have a 2-year-old, and won't leave an opened Coke can accessible. My handguns are way out-of-reach.

SnakeDoc
Agreed, something doesn't smell kosher about the events. Having a firearm is a responsibility not to be taken lightly.

It may have just gone off accidentally if it was cocked or she banged it on the table or something. I dont know anything about guns apart from which end is the business end so I may be wrong. Heard about it a couple of days ago. Ridiculous that it was lying around, loaded or not and parent in the room or not. The kid shouldnt have been in the position to even consider picking it up.

I hate reading this stuff. This is a very fishy story indeed. Why was the locked and loaded gun out in the open where a child could reach?? I'm all about advocating for firearms, but I'm more about education and safety training rather than everyone should own one. This is an epic fail on the parents. I have multiple firearms, but whenever I know someone is coming over with a youngster I go and make sure all of them are stowed away, locked up with trigger locks, and chamber is completely empty...on top of putting them up top in the closet.

I can't believe that there wasn't any charges at all. I guess they totally believed that story and felt the parents suffered enough.

I guess TN doesn't have hand gun lock laws.

Last edited:
No way, how does a 3 year old not only get a gun, but load it, chamber a round, and take the safety off?

Parents need to goto jail. Period. People = retarded and content.

It really bothers me that the Wii keeps coming up in this story. A grown adult left a *LOADED F'N GUN* within the reach of a *CHILD*!!!!!!!!!

The Wii has nothing to do with this story.

Whether it was murder with a poorly crafted cover story, or some idiot leaving a loaded gun the table, somebody better do time for this. :mad:

Just remember, next time you're at a store or whatever and you see beautiful young kids walking around, that some of these kids parents don't deserve to have them.

Just remember, next time you're at a store or whatever and you see beautiful young kids walking around, that some of these kids parents don't deserve to have them.

See it all the time. When I went in supermarket yesterday, there were 2 toddlers running around, up to the entrance and all over and couldnt see any adult around that was acting as their parent or calling after them. They must have ran past me whilst I was in the shop a good 4 or 5 times. Seriously though, it wouldnt take much for someone to take that opportunity and just snatch and run, I know theres security but for christs sake, alot of the time they can barely stop shoplifters.

Another time about a month a go, I went into a shop and some woman came in with her kid, the shop door was left open because it was a hot day, as I was leaving, noticed the kid had just walked out of the shop and into the shop next door and the mother was oblivious. Went back and told her where her child had wandered off into the next shop and she didnt have a clue

Its no bloody wonder kids get kidnapped so easily

EDIT: Girlfriend just reminded me of another time, we were in pets at home, and there was some kid in a car seat just left in a aisle, no other adult around, a few minutes later the parents came running back to get the kid

As adults we realise what a gun is and which end to point away from us. A three year old doesn't have that sense. So it's easy to see why the baby may have had it pointing towards herself, and the thumbs being stronger, managed to pull the trigger.

Oh Dave, that's a can worms. But for serious though this is horrible and unfathomable. And I think its BS that the media always heightens the story when video games are even slightly involved.

Back