A Wife's Response

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree with you bro. I dont know how anyone can take pride in being lonely and single...

Being single can suck at times...but I don't know if I would say I'm lonely. I have lots of friends to hang out with...but it would be nice to have that certain someone to share your ideas with, someone who supported your ambitions and someone available for that booty call. :lol :lol BUT, I would much rather be alone that with someone who didn't "get" me. You guys think it's hard to find a good woman...well trust me, it's just as hard for a female to find a good man. Surprisingly, there aren't a lot of single men whom I meet that are into collecting, comics, video games. :lol The ones I do find are either way, way too young and immature or they are the typical creepy basement dwellers who like to wear their D&D outfits during all of their free time. My friends tell me to try the online dating thing...which I tried briefly and both the guys I met had no front teeth. :lol I have no luck with men.

And BadMoon, moderation is key to everything in life I've learned. Sadly, I have a VERY hard time applying that concept to my spending habits as well. :eek:

GruSam - you rock girl!!! The power we females can wield is amazing. :D Treat your man right and it's amazing what you can get in return.

Last edited:
well it's different.... I was referring to the constant boasting in threads about being single and having no children etc... thats all.

I know what you mean, and dont worry, it's a good thing that you realize that you deserve better than just a sub-par guy. :cool:

I agree with you bro. I dont know how anyone can take pride in being lonely and single...

I like my alone time but it's nice to be with my girlfriend. If you can have someone you can be yourself around then it's all good. I won't be getting married though because I hate commitment and I don't believe in it...:lol

I like my alone time but it's nice to be with my girlfriend. If you can have someone you can be yourself around then it's all good. I won't be getting married though because I hate commitment and I don't believe in it...:lol

I foresee a grim future for you. It involves many children with many different women and child support payments which eat all your collecting money away. :lol

Even though I tease in here about my wife a lot, I couldn't imagine being without her. She honestly supports my habit to a degree and if its something that I really want she'll budget into our monthly budgets for me to get it. Can't complain there. I used to hate commitments and relationships (or I should say touchy feeley parts of them) too until I met my wife. I still don't like the whole "We have to talk about everything little thing" but with my wife its tolerable.....although if she had the tactics of GrueSam I might not care as much.

Badmoon, just tell your wife what I always tell mine, "At least I don't waste my money on Drugs, Booze, Hookers and Gambling...well three out of four ain't bad!!" :lol

Gruesam, you are a naughty, naughty Woman and I like it!! :naughty :rock

Lucky for me my current g/f actually ENCOURAGES me. Actually we are looking at going to SDCC not this coming year but next, together. I think I've died and gone to heaven. :lol

:google:google:horror:google:lol *Runs to get a vasectomy*:lol

Yes, and that's exactly what you should do if you truly mean what you say.
However, time does amazing things to people. And as you get older you learn to never say "Never" because once that word slips through your lips, your are doomed to do whatever you just said never to! :lecture

BUT, I would much rather be alone that with someone who didn't "get" me.

I have always said that I'd rather be alone than with some dumb guy!

And yes yes yes, if we treat them with respect and dignity, they will become our knights.
But this works both ways, of course. If you have married your best friend, you need to treat them as your best friend, always!

I overhear women talking to their men and I know that they would NEVER speak to a girlfriend like that. Never "demand" things from a girlfriend. It's very very sad.
sad.gif

Women should be ashamed... and I blame feminism for it. It's created generations of women who think it's fun to degrade men and act disdainful.

You guys think it's hard to find a good woman...well trust me, it's just as hard for a female to find a good man. Surprisingly, there aren't a lot of single men whom I meet that are into collecting, comics, video games.

:mwaha
Do you know how many times I had guys walk into my apartment, look around, scratch their heads and say "Uh, what's with all of this, this stuff? LOL

My husband walked in and felt right at home!
And he does out-collect me by far, but he has slowed down a lot, thank God!

When I was a bartender, people would sit at the bar and make comments about how much it cost me to own a horse in Los Angeles. The same people who spent at least $10 a day in drinks at least 5 days a week. The same people who, at the time, were spending more than I was for a much less satisfactory hobby! (IMO, of course. :D)

Badmoon, just tell your wife what I always tell mine, "At least I don't waste my money on Drugs, Booze, Hookers and Gambling...well three out of four ain't bad!!" :lol

You know? That is what my wife says... She knows I don't go around spending my cash on high end car parts or strip clubs, don't do drugs or anything crazy like that. I just collect figures, comics and statues. Play games with my buddies time to time and spend a LOT of hours of the day painting. :lol

She copes as best she can but she knows that it could be much much worse. She's not too pumped about my new Hulk PF that is coming, but thankfully she allows it. :D

You know? That is what my wife says... She knows I don't go around spending my cash on high end car parts or strip clubs, don't do drugs or anything crazy like that. I just collect figures, comics and statues. Play games with my buddies time to time and spend a LOT of hours of the day painting. :lol

She copes as best she can but she knows that it could be much much worse. She's not too pumped about my new Hulk PF that is coming, but thankfully she allows it. :D

You're a lucky man Josh! I wished I had a wife, heck even a girl friend who is so appreciative like that!

And reply to your damn PMs! I feel so unloved. :(

I just collect figures, comics and statues. Play games with my buddies time to time and spend a LOT of hours of the day painting. :lol
:rock :rock :rock

I love that, "She's not too pumped". :lol :rotfl Tell her she still kicks ass bro! :rock

Back