-A Tribute to Michael Turner-

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would you like a Michael Turner line?

• Total voters
Wonder if we'll ever get a flying pose. Seems hard to do.

I don't know about the PF, but as for the comiquette, I am sure they will go use the boring/ridiculous pose they hinted some time ago

DoomWar1WOMvar.jpg

He was a great artist, and it's sad he passed so soon. I would love some sculpts developed based on his work.

Would you like a 1/4 scale or larger Turner line and if so, what would you like done from his portfolio.
Your quote about not doing anything will not give you results is very deep.

I like the one he did with venom, red sonja, spiderman and the other guy who I cant remember right now.

I don't wish to start any arguments, but I'm literally disgusted at how many people are saying no to this idea. I know that this poll is still new, but I won't be able to understand it if the yes column doesn't start spreading the gap further (depending on if people will even put a vote in at all).

Yes, SS has messed up direct translations, and yes DC Direct didn't quite capture the Supergirl statue. However, nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Sideshow should pursue this. If anyone can do Turner's art justice in statue form it is them, and I'd love to see what they can do. Also, depending on the character I'd probably still buy the statue even if it wasn't all that great. I do own a PF Emma Frost. :dunno

<.<
>.>
... admittedly, I'm quite biased as Michael Turner has to be my favorite comic book artist, and I'm still upset that he died so young.

A force of nature
Weather witch, divine tempest
Make her now, SideShow!:mad:

Love the Haikus! :hi5:

And I agree with Jedah Kalm, nothing ventured nothing gained. Even if the statues don't come out as some people hope, it isn't like they'll be the only statues based on his art ever made. Even if we get one hit, I'd consider it a success. Better one than nothing.

I don't wish to start any arguments, but I'm literally disgusted at how many people are saying no to this idea. I know that this poll is still new, but I won't be able to understand it if the yes column doesn't start spreading the gap further (depending on if people will even put a vote in at all).

Yes, SS has messed up direct translations, and yes DC Direct didn't quite capture the Supergirl statue. However, nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Sideshow should pursue this. If anyone can do Turner's art justice in statue form it is them, and I'd love to see what they can do. Also, depending on the character I'd probably still buy the statue even if it wasn't all that great. I do own a PF Emma Frost. :dunno

<.<
>.>
... admittedly, I'm quite biased as Michael Turner has to be my favorite comic book artist, and I'm still upset that he died so young.

:goodpost: Also, everybody is whining about SSC not being able to do it, but the thread is about if anyone would love some sculpts developed based on MT's work not which company should make it.

:goodpost: Also, everybody is whining about SSC not being able to do it, but the thread is about if anyone would love some sculpts developed based on MT's work not which company should make it.

But SSC is the only one with a Marvel License for the size we want. If people just want statues of Turner's work, they'll have to settle for non-Marvel and buy some of Clay's statues.

<.<
>.>

I totally agree. Not to give this poll positive support is truly insane! But the sad reality is that a lot of collectors do not have a sophisticated eye for good art, hence they collect some inferior product. Maybe an art lesson 101 should be in order?!

<.<
>.>

Some of the no votes are due to credible evidence/past attempts at bringing Turner's work to 3D and many failed miserably.

Some of the no votes are due to credible evidence/past attempts at bringing Turner's work to 3D and many failed miserably.

I suggest the Gore grp./Viggiano for this task, I don't believe that they ever attempted a Turner? I mean their recent sculpts of Olivetti art, are vast improvements over the art itself(!), yes, including Hulk hair. At the very least their interpretation would be well executed, & highly detailed.

I suggest the Gore grp./Viggiano for this task, I don't believe that they ever attempted a Turner? I mean their recent sculpts of Olivetti art, are vast improvements over the art itself(!), yes, including Hulk hair. At the very least their interpretation would be well executed, & highly detailed.

Good call, they are awesome. Hulk's hair was just following the art too.

I totally agree. Not to give this poll positive support is truly insane! But the sad reality is that a lot of collectors do not have a sophisticated eye for good art, hence they collect some inferior product. Maybe an art lesson 101 should be in order?!

And I guess you are the one to teach "sophistication" to those who don't share your tastes

Good call, they are awesome. Hulk's hair was just following the art too.

i guess they were right, The Hulk does make it into every thread eventually :lol:lol

Back