A rememberence to your childhood toys...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Uncanny Web-Slinger

Super Freak
Reaction score
lightningstrikebatman.jpg

25511.jpg

battlecat-sneak-1.jpg

!CCQ-NsQB2k~$(KGrHqMOKnIEz5nkeJpwBNKiDkVgnQ~~_35.JPG

sewerplaysetmib1a.jpg

buckyoharebruiserberseror3.jpg

These are some of my most fondest toys i remember that i played with the most when i was a kid.

Ahhh memories.

Last edited:
Re: A rememberence to youR childhood toys...

I used to love those Batman animated series figures. But I never could find one that was based on his appearance in the actual show. Just the damned made-up gimmicky ones :banghead

I dunno, was I some kind of freak child, wanting my figures to look like the thing they were based on? :dunno

My favourites when i was a kid:

-I won't bother posting pics as there is so many,but i loved the GI Joes which i had plenty of.
And then there are these:

I don't recall them ever playing He-Man on TV here, I wasn't familiar with the show at all, but this cat was everywhere. I had one for a long time.

This Voltron toy was absolutely everywhere too, though I also don't recall the show ever being on TV. I'd often go to a look of garage sales and markets and whatnot with my mother and you'd be almost certain to see at least one part of Voltron in these toy boxes.

voltron02.jpg

The only show I was obsessed with as a boy was the Ninja Turtles. I had many of the figures but the only playset I think I had was this, the technodrome:

Technodrome-b.jpg

That's probably the biggest memory for me, along with this Terminator figure:

3838804894_6a9b31d9b6_o.jpg

Shine a light on the top of his head and his eyes were meant to kind of glow...

I feel like I had everything I wanted as a boy (not that I wanted everything, just I was happy with whatever) with the one exception being the old Terminator 2 playsets and figures. That endoskeleton was all I had and I couldn't see anything else in stores but I remember somewhere seeing an ad or something for some sort of steel mill playset, I always wanted that (though doing a quick search now, I don't see anything that fits my memory). I remember a friend also had a few other T2 figures and so I'd see them at his house too.

A few of mine. Needless to say, I liked cars!

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/5X7hdyTPeIY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hRPdWzWltPI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

And then there were toys from this movie called Star Wars. I'm sure most of you don't remember it.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/-GqR1q0vaSs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Re: A rememberence to youR childhood toys...

I used to love those Batman animated series figures. But I never could find one that was based on his appearance in the actual show. Just the damned made-up gimmicky ones :banghead

I dunno, was I some kind of freak child, wanting my figures to look like the thing they were based on? :dunno

Nope. I was the same exact way. It needed to be close to perfect for me too. I hated the figures that had a lever sticking out of it or the ones you had to squeeze the legs to make the arm moves. Here are a few that I enjoyed as a kid as well....

visionaries.jpg

silverhawks.jpg

COPSS1-003.jpg

cent01-main_Full.jpg

My brother got all the SW figures -

I got:

classic+set.jpg

troll_dolls_1.jpg

:mad: I felt cheated. You couldn't create cool setups and action scenes with smurfs and trolls.

I did like this though:

easy-bake-oven-box.jpg

Though I think I usually ended up eating the batter and not actually baking anything.

This was a favorite too:
lite-brite.jpg

I don't recall them ever playing He-Man on TV here, I wasn't familiar with the show at all, but this cat was everywhere. I had one for a long time.

This Voltron toy was absolutely everywhere too, though I also don't recall the show ever being on TV. I'd often go to a look of garage sales and markets and whatnot with my mother and you'd be almost certain to see at least one part of Voltron in these toy boxes.

voltron02.jpg

The only show I was obsessed with as a boy was the Ninja Turtles. I had many of the figures but the only playset I think I had was this, the technodrome:

Technodrome-b.jpg

That's probably the biggest memory for me, along with this Terminator figure:

3838804894_6a9b31d9b6_o.jpg

Shine a light on the top of his head and his eyes were meant to kind of glow...

I feel like I had everything I wanted as a boy (not that I wanted everything, just I was happy with whatever) with the one exception being the old Terminator 2 playsets and figures. That endoskeleton was all I had and I couldn't see anything else in stores but I remember somewhere seeing an ad or something for some sort of steel mill playset, I always wanted that (though doing a quick search now, I don't see anything that fits my memory). I remember a friend also had a few other T2 figures and so I'd see them at his house too.

I also clearly remember I was sooooo excited when I heard the technodrome was coming out as a toy. At that point I already had the transport drilling vehicle that shredder and them take from the technodrome to high ground. But when I open the box and saw how small they made one of the most awesome bad guys vehicle ever, I was so pissed off. The transport vehicle was about half the size of the technodrome!!!!!! One of my disappointments as a child moment there

I was a huge TMNT fan when I was a kid, and had A LOT of TMNT toys. Literally hundreds of figures between my brother and me, and several verhicles. I also got the sewer playset for my birthday once, still have it at my parents house boxed up. Here's a shot I took last year when I visited and pieced it together (the remaining parts are in other boxes, so it's not complete). Had a lot of fun with it.
SewerPlayset.jpg

I also had a lot of other figs, mainly Batman, Kenner Aliens & Predators, Terminator, and some He-Man and Thundercats when I was really young. Then SW when Kenner reintroduced them. Sold a lot of the old stuff at fleamarkets, but still have a couple of boxes stashed at my parents. Good times. :)

MASK!! Yes. I can not believe I forgot about them. Awesome line and very cool vehicles. I remember I had the truck and one of the cars. ExoSquad was cool too.

I also clearly remember I was sooooo excited when I heard the technodrome was coming out as a toy. At that point I already had the transport drilling vehicle that shredder and them take from the technodrome to high ground. But when I open the box and saw how small they made one of the most awesome bad guys vehicle ever, I was so pissed off. The transport vehicle was about half the size of the technodrome!!!!!! One of my disappointments as a child moment there

Heh. I didn't have thoughts/expectations like that but even still it wasn't so absolutely to me either, I felt that even then. The inside, particular the sides, were pretty much useless, there was nothing a figure could do there. The jail was about the only halfway decent thing it offered. Closed up though, it was fine to me.

I just remembered now that I also had Krang, that I thought was a great toy. I'd probably even buy it today if I saw it. It was pretty big as I remember it, maybe 30cm or more. I lost Krang himself down the back of a wood pile one day.

android-krang.jpg

I'd pretty well forgotten about these until now too but The Toxic Crusader figures were another favourite when I was younger. I had just these three.

ToxCru.png
tc-junkyard.jpg
tc-nozone.jpg

I also really loved these monster things that came in a little toy garbage bag or something and you'd drop it in water and it would dissolve to reveal the toy (which was a toy similar to Monsters in my Pocket, just one colour nothing). Does anybody remember the name of them?

I didn't like the toy itself but I was fascinated by how it the whole dissolving process.

Street Sharks!
Random010.jpg

Hell yes. :rock I loved Street Sharks, I remember when I got my first one. My father came back from a business trip to the US and brought one each for me and my brother. We didn't even know what they were, but apparently my dad knew exactly what would appeal to us when he saw those in a store.
That's also one of many fond childhood memories. My dad went to the US a couple times a year and always bought toys we didn't know existed in the Netherlands (where we lived at the time). New TMNT figs that never came out in Europe, Kenner Aliens we didn't know existed etc. Man, I loved my childhood. :1-1:

My brother got all the SW figures -

I got:

classic+set.jpg

This was a favorite too:
lite-brite.jpg

My brother got all the bad guy Star Wars and I got all the good guys. And I loved my lite-brite.... and I collected Smurfs. Regular ones $1.25 but the Super Smurfs were $2.50.

Back