'78 Myers - HCG

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last time I e-mailed HCG they said this was shipping in very late August or early September. Of course they also previously indicated 1st quarter 2015, then second quarter, then July, then August, now (maybe) September. My patience is running thin. With so many other great new and old pieces out there, I may pull the plug on this soon as well...

They are pretty slack with their shipment dates. I bought the Leatherface 1:4 scale (It was an impulse buy after missing out on a few 1:4 scale sideshow piece auctions), and the delivery date moved about 6 months or so. They'll get it to you eventually but it was over a year from PO to delivery for the Leatherface one.

Michael Myers is in the house! Exclusive version 46/200:

IMG_20150929_120557_kindlephoto-1056525_zpsovrhvsn7.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_20150929_121132_kindlephoto-883246_zpsfhnn3aor.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_20150929_121233_kindlephoto-831856_zpsrspa6u9m.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_20150929_121406_kindlephoto-751746_zpsontibb5a.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_20150929_121005_kindlephoto-977125_zpsseykgpyo.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_20150929_121112_kindlephoto-929213_zpscuueuniu.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_20150929_121005_kindlephoto-977125_zpsseykgpyo.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_20150929_121427_zpsgqgfxd73.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Not the greatest photos in the world but you get the idea. I know the pose is a problem for some people but I think it looks fine. The statue is heavy with the knife hand and base being separate pieces. The paint on the coveralls is well done with blue/black highlights that make them look very much like real material. This is my favorite horror character and I'm pleased on how this statue turned out. If Sideshow gets the Halloween license at some point and does a PF down the road, I would welcome that too.

Well, I have to say his neck does sort of look like he swallowed a pumpkin...

I'm not trying to knock this at all. I just want to ensure I properly critique it so I don't ever buy it on impulse. So far, I'm still not sold.

Well, I have to say his neck does sort of look like he swallowed a pumpkin...

I'm not trying to knock this at all. I just want to ensure I properly critique it so I don't ever buy it on impulse. So far, I'm still not sold.

It's supposed to flair a bit at the bottom but it looks like they sculpted the whole neck thicker than it should be. The Chin is also a little off. The hand coming out of the arm seems a bit thin in the wrist. These are nitpicks, some worse than others. My main thing is the paint on the mask and the lack of proper sculpting on the hair. The hair just looks like it's places there, instead of it being the matted mess it was in the films. and even though the mask is white it could do with some variation for shading. Slight off white/light grey/blue grey variations would go a long way.

I will say the paint on the coveralls came out better than I expected, but this one just isn't for me at all even though I'd love a 1/4 scale Myers.

It came out better than I thought it would, despite its flaws. What's the knife made out of?

aaeb0e1d0c133feeb528a35ba279f89f.jpg

All about lighting... This photo looks good.

When this goes on clearance I'm going to buy this and attempt fixing it.

that statue isnt doing it for me at all. Its terrible.

Mask looks nothing like myers, pose is not natural at all and the coveralls not being real clothing sux.

is the clothing was real you could attempt to fix it my cutting off his head and getting a new one put on

I decided to pick this up, and I have to say I'm satisfied with it. Would look better in mixed media. The clothing really lacks detail. And I wished the knife was metal. It's plastic. But other than that, I think it came out pretty good. Since 1/4 is the scale I collect, I'd rather have something in the collection I can enjoy, rather than nothing at all waiting on Sideshow.

Halloween1.jpg
Halloween2.jpg
Halloween3.jpg
Halloween4.jpg
Halloween5.jpg
Halloween6.jpg
halloween7.jpg
Halloween8.jpg

Back