'78 Myers - HCG

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice photos choopie...I feel the same way you do about this statue. It's by no means the ultimate 1/4 representation of the character but a good one that I'm also satisfied to own. Considering Sideshow's outrageously long delivery estimates, chronic delays (assuming they even get the license..which is a complete unknown at this point), I figure I will be drooling on myself in a nursing home at that point and won't care anymore if something better is offered.

I picked this up a week ago. Im not a massive fan of it, but i always said if i could get it cheap enough, i would.

I picked this up for $120 Aust dollars, which works out to be just over $90 u.s dollars.

Didn't come with a box, but that didn't really bother me.

myers statue.jpg

Congrats on your pickup and the good deal you got. I wouldn't complain for $90. Still enjoying mine. When the PCS Kessler Wolf arrives, Myers will be displayed with him and the Pinhead PF.

Congrats on your pickup and the good deal you got. I wouldn't complain for $90. Still enjoying mine. When the PCS Kessler Wolf arrives, Myers will be displayed with him and the Pinhead PF.

thanks mate. Im happy with it for the price. Its a little better in hand than the pictures i saw before getting it.

The main reason i got it is because i have a pretty good size collection of horror 1:4 statues and adding a myers seemed like a smart thing to do lol

I have to admit that I was really disappointed and very harsh toward this when the proto was first shown and had since unsubscribed from the thread. I somehow stumbled across this thread again a couple weeks ago and was pleasantly surprised when looking at the in hand pics (especially that they straightened his pose so he didn't look like Mr Fantastic) so I went ahead and ordered him and he arrived today. First thing I noticed when picking up the box was the edition number - 78 (of 200).:yess: If I could have had the option of choosing my number that would have been it. As far as my opinion, I'm 99% happy that I got it and while it's not perfect, it's still really impressive overall. I'm not gonna knock the incorrect color of the coveralls since no Michael Myers figure that I have ever owned has had the correct spruce-green color. Before ordering him I started thinking that this kind of reminds me of a stylized version of MM and if I can be happy with a stylized SS Jason PF than why not go for it. Halloween is my favorite horror franchise so I was kind of destined to get this I suppose.:lol So anyway here's some pics:

1019161158.jpg
1019161159.jpg
1019161201.jpg
1019161210.jpg

Last edited:
I saw it in person and was still super unimpressed...would pay $200 tops tbh

i agree. I only got mine because i paid $120 australian dollars (90 odd U.s dollars)

I never planned to get it, but the opportunity came up and i just had to take it for that price.

I like it a lot more than i thought i would, but its still not great IMO

I saw it in person and was still super unimpressed...would pay $200 tops tbh

i agree. I only got mine because i paid $120 australian dollars (90 odd U.s dollars)

I never planned to get it, but the opportunity came up and i just had to take it for that price.

I like it a lot more than i thought i would, but its still not great IMO

Fair enough. I considered picking up the Reg. from BBTS for around $287 I think but I really wanted the Ex plaque. The price actually didn't bother me too much, especially compared to some of the 1/6 pieces that I've gotten from Weta over the years or some of the 1/5 SS maquettes.
Funny thing...the first thing my wife said when she saw it was "why are his arms so long?" and my 10 year-old son said "he should be holding the knife lower".:slap Everyone's a critic.:lol But they still thought it was cool and the important thing is I dig it.

I had previously tried displaying my NECA MM next to the Jason PF and as nice as it is I wanted a "statue" on the shelf and not a plastic figure. Basically I got sick of not having a high-end, 1/4 scale representation of my favorite slasher. I also came to the realization that best case scenario even if SS were to tease a MM PF today, we'd still be looking at around 2 years until it was in hand. So until someone can point me to a better officially licensed 1/4 scale Michael Myers statue this will have to do. Believe me, I'll be as happy as anyone if/when a better one comes along but judging by what's been made available until now, I'm not gonna hold my breath.

Anyway, here's my two favorite horror icons together at last:

1019161737.jpg

Last edited:
Where do you see it for 187? I see 287

Where'd you get the sick pumpkin??... Want one for my RZ Myers I get in a few days lol

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Where do you see it for 187? I see 287

Where'd you get the sick pumpkin??... Want one for my RZ Myers I get in a few days lol

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Sorry, typo. I meant $287. :lol (fixed)

The pumpkin you can find almost anywhere (Michael's, Hobby Lobby etc...even Walmart). We stocked up on a bunch when they went on clearance (like .99 cents ea.) a couple years ago at the end of the season.

I should have bought the bigger sized pumpkin but I think I did a good job on this conversion, thanks for the tip!!

I was going to do an H1 pumpkin but messed up the mouth, so I made it look rotten & stringy instead

0RyrouH.jpg

I should have bought the bigger sized pumpkin but I think I did a good job on this conversion, thanks for the tip!!

I was going to do an H1 pumpkin but messed up the mouth, so I made it look rotten & stringy instead

That looks very cool! The rotton look Will match the style of your RZ Myers perfectly IMO.

Back