75 Comics being made into Movies

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We have hit a drought in creativity. It'll come back one day. But I really dont mind comic book films. They're pretty unique and provied very different films.

Considering there are hundreds (if not more) of relatively unknown indie comics and non-superhero comics out there, 75 doesn't seem like a big number.

I'm waiting for another Ghost World or American Splendor-esque comic based movie to surprise me.

Considering there are hundreds (if not more) of relatively unknown indie comics and non-superhero comics out there, 75 doesn't seem like a big number.

There are far more comic adaptations in development than this list. I can think of at least a dozen true indie books that escaped this guy's radar with option money on the table.

Seems like a lot of terrible films coming... this one in particular caught my eye:

Namor: The Submariner (aka Submariner, 2010)
Originally with Chris Columbus, this Marvel Studios tale of the Atlantean wing-heeled hero has had Angel's David Boreanaz attached for some time. Central character Prince Namor will be caught up in an ecological war between the land-dwellers and the sea-denizens whose habitat they have polluted. Jonathan Mostow is still said to be attached to the project.

That article has films that have already been killed by the studios listed on it.

Back