Action Figure 3A Doom Marine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ThreeA shows very little before releasing anything, typically. Everything is kind of a gamble with them.

c9bf4f22dae770f08525ec0c1b0b1b0e.jpg

e8f9bde4cfe7c03e8dd1688ba1c08a65.jpg

353e672a7c764c6dda79f5cf7e88b12b.jpg

Just posted to facebook

Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk

Looking good. I hope the articulation is up to par; if it is you already know I'll be searching for one :wink1:

Got mine. Love the game, love the franchise, my most anticipated figure in the last 2 years. Alas, after an 18 month wait, I'm disappointed.

Pros:
- They fixed the undersized crotch
- Nice box
- Accurate and decent paint job
- Beefy and accurate weapons
- Nice to look at from a distance

Cons:
- Absolutely rubbish material, about 80% soft rubbery plastic apart from feet and helmet; trigger hand too soft
- Bad QC, warped body parts, some unglued seams
- Overall still weird proportions, head too small, ugly floppy abdomen
- Hindered overall articulation and weird shoulder joints; can hardly hold weapons properly apart from super shotgun in the poster pose
- Feels very cheap to the touch

I own all of ThreeA and ThreeZero Halo, Fallout, Titanfall and Crysis figures. Discounting the infamous Master Chief, the Doomslayer is probably the weakest release of the lot. Overall 6/10 for me.

Quick pics:

UTsbrf4.jpg

1dGPJg2.jpg

eC2BMdc.jpg

FEQWiCl.jpg

jHnIESc.jpg

bL0iOGV.jpg

Got mine. Love the game, love the franchise, my most anticipated figure in the last 2 years. Alas, after an 18 month wait, I'm disappointed.

Pros:
- They fixed the undersized crotch
- Nice box
- Accurate and decent paint job
- Beefy and accurate weapons
- Nice to look at from a distance

Cons:
- Absolutely rubbish material, about 80% soft rubbery plastic apart from feet and helmet; trigger hand too soft
- Bad QC, warped body parts, some unglued seams
- Overall still weird proportions, head too small, ugly floppy abdomen
- Hindered overall articulation and weird shoulder joints; can hardly hold weapons properly apart from super shotgun in the poster pose
- Feels very cheap to the touch

I own all of ThreeA and ThreeZero Halo, Fallout, Titanfall and Crysis figures. Discounting the infamous Master Chief, the Doomslayer is probably the weakest release of the lot. Overall 6/10 for me.

Quick pics:

Always love DOOM series. Is it worth $260 according to you ? I've been trying to pull the trigger for a long time but other Star Wars figures pull me out ..

It would be great to display this guy along with Bethesda's Revenant statute

Always love DOOM series. Is it worth $260 according to you ? I've been trying to pull the trigger for a long time but other Star Wars figures pull me out ..

It would be great to display this guy along with Bethesda's Revenant statute

As a figure, very hard to justify $260 due to the poor material. It's hollow and squishy. Even the Prophet Nanosuit figure feels more a lot more solid. For the price tag they could've at least used hard plastic for armor parts. It can't really hold half the weapons that well either especially the Plasmagun.

But as a hardcore Doom fan, I'd say it's something you should still own simply due to its novelty. It's authentic, and doesn't look too bad. It just isn't built well. I'm still keeping mine, along with a bunch of other Doom memorabilia.

Just understand its limitations and appreciate the representation.

It does look great, but I am all too familiar with the materials they used. It's probably very similar to what they used for Legion from Mass Effect. Hopefully there will be a nice price drop on this guy, because I would really like to pick it up.

He is a mixed bag for sure. It is another halo style rubber suit figure so poseability isn't great and he can't hold the rifle at all. But I honestly expected all of that since I have been down this road many times before with 3A.

However, with that said, I still love this figure. This figure does exactly what I wanted it to do most, which is look incredibly bad ass on my shelf. As crappy as Master Chief was, he is probably the figure I get the most compliments on. I think this figure falls into a similar category - not fun to mess with but amazing to look at.

Also, the chainsaw is a beast. :lol

IMG_2660.jpg

Probably a longshot, would it be possible to get hold of the chainsaw anywhere?

Back