3.75" Collecting Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Couldn’t resist a bargain at Entertainer Toys and only £3.75 ea.
Ha ha ha wonder if the price has any bearing on the size?

F555DBD6-7C82-44A5-8216-5F656AC619C5.jpg

Jas

that threepio is one of the more interesting ways to approach the character differently. When this wave hit, I'd already become very selective with my carded collection, but finding the snow commander with the bubble fully glued to the cardboard is not an easy one

that threepio is one of the more interesting ways to approach the character differently. When this wave hit, I'd already become very selective with my carded collection, but finding the snow commander with the bubble fully glued to the cardboard is not an easy one

I love that snow commander figure, one of my favorites in the line.

That’s an amazing deal ScratchBuilder! That Cloud City Vader is probably the best “super articulated” 3.75” Vader too. I still need to get one of those Threepios.

There's still plenty of stock so may get a few more.:wink1:
Does anyone know if there is a Princess Leia & Luke as in the picture in this scale so I could recreate our most popular "Swing to freedom" diorama?
I build this a few years ago and Pete painted it and I'm thinking full height and wall mounted with LEDs?

Image 01.jpg

You mean in 3.75''? There was a set released during the Power of the Jedi era I think. The figures were highly preposed and useless for anything else though. Leia had my favourite ANH Carrie likeness they've ever done.

My Klaatu and Yakface have also shipped. They only went up for preorder a week or two ago, very sudden turnaround.

Anyone know why Hasbro stopped giving Threepio figures the vac-metal look? His figures look pretty crap these days.

You mean in 3.75''? There was a set released during the Power of the Jedi era I think. The figures were highly preposed and useless for anything else though. Leia had my favourite ANH Carrie likeness they've ever done.

My Klaatu and Yakface have also shipped. They only went up for preorder a week or two ago, very sudden turnaround.

Anyone know why Hasbro stopped giving Threepio figures the vac-metal look? His figures look pretty crap these days.

Yeah sorry in 3.75"
Almost forgot I've got these in my stash, will need to check the scale but may do the trick for the swing to freedom dio, if I remember these a cast metal maybe pewter

Figures.jpg

There's still plenty of stock so may get a few more.:wink1:
Does anyone know if there is a Princess Leia & Luke as in the picture in this scale so I could recreate our most popular "Swing to freedom" diorama?
I build this a few years ago and Pete painted it and I'm thinking full height and wall mounted with LEDs?

View attachment 442481

Not only is there a Leia, there is an old POTF2 playset that could serve as a good starting point if you want to salvage some parts.

The Leia is from the VOTC line, which was Hasbro's entry point into super-articulated 3-3/4-inch figures on vintage-style cards. The playset is the POTF2 Death Star Escape set.

Luke-Skywalker-Dearth-Star-Escape-Vintage-Collection-TVC-VC39-015.jpg

Luke-Skywalker-Dearth-Star-Escape-Vintage-Collection-TVC-VC39-016.jpg

Luke-Skywalker-Dearth-Star-Escape-Vintage-Collection-TVC-VC39-017.jpg

To this day they still haven't made a truly satisfying ANH Luke. That Resurgence of the Jedi battlepack figure was good but the legs were ridiculously small.

They definitely need to make new 3.75” super articulated figures of ANH Luke, ANH Leia, and Lando. ROTJ Palpatine would be nice too.

Does nyone know of a place to order that TVC Boushh disguise Leia from? BBTS had single listings for Klaatu and Yakface, but not her. She goes for around $40 on eBay and I really don't want to pay that.

In other news, I was horrified when I visited Walmart today and saw that they had negated their Star Wars toy section to only those cheapo light sabers. Not a single Black Series figure, no 5 POA, and not even a price tag for TVC. Wave 1 really was the nail in the coffin for this line.

Hasbro really needs to convince retailers to put up with them. Hopefully at Toy Fair this month they'll show that TVC isn't going to ****. I wish they'd cancel TBS to put more effort into TVC and let import companies have more free reign with 6".

Does nyone know of a place to order that TVC Boushh disguise Leia from? BBTS had single listings for Klaatu and Yakface, but not her. She goes for around $40 on eBay and I really don't want to pay that.

I got lucky and found her at dorksidetoys. Had to pay a bit extra since they were only selling her in a collector grade that ships with a figure shield case. Other places if seen like entertainment earth only offers her if you buy a case. Good luck

Got Yak Face and Klaatu today.

Yak is a definite improvement even with the softgoods which I generally despise at this scale. With the nature of this outfit I can tolerate them here I think.

Klaatu is pretty good although the old figure wasn't the worst in the world. I'd have revisited the anorexic 2011 Kithaba again sooner than the 1999 Klaatu. I'm not sure I like this new type of crotch region but I can live with it. Overall proportions are solid.

I hope they continue with the Skiff guards and Jabba's palace denizens. My favourite types of Star Wars figures to collect.

Another change? If this comes to fruition, I guess it will be the end of 3.75 figures for me. I just can't wrap my head around starting yet another line to collect. Sometimes Hasbro wears me out! There will probably forever be holes in my collection that just won't ever get filled now. Oh well, end of an era and more money to spend on other things!

18A6F329-41B7-45CD-B89F-518C071B44A1.jpeg
DE1A83C7-DE82-466A-B077-83EC743BBC1C.jpeg
A794BB54-B80A-41E6-93C3-C4726850B1E0.jpeg
042A270F-DC37-439F-8561-65B8E2EBF94F.jpeg
47E813EE-F74A-4815-AE31-22F4B8287EDA.jpeg
405A8863-B00C-4EF8-BB74-284FD8A18091.jpeg

They look fantastic. Looks like a batch of six to start. Releasing in the same schedule as the originals hopefully.

Back