3.75" Collecting Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why is the Skiff seemingly so rare and pre-sold out? Surely they be making these to order more or less. If they have a few thousand Barges getting made you’d think 10,000 skiffs would at least be a good starting point.

Why is the Skiff seemingly so rare and pre-sold out? Surely they be making these to order more or less. If they have a few thousand Barges getting made you’d think 10,000 skiffs would at least be a good starting point.

All excellent questions....It was made known, went up for preorder and sold out - all before I got home from work.

LOL, I refuse to get mad. (turns green and busts out a wall in nerd rage)

So, is the Super articulated 3.75" lines continuing, or on hold? Beyond the few shown I mean? That is still my my fav scale, though the 6" line has made huge improvement in quality, it doesn't seem to sell all that well. If they switched to the blister card style, ala Legacy reissues, think that would help.

I still think the 8" Hyperline is DOA. Could be wrong. Vader looks nice, but pretty happy with the 6" BS version. I would have been excited for a $49.99 deluxe 6" sub-line that went balls-to-the-walls with extra accessories or switch out heads, etc

Last edited:
lot of happy folks who still collect these lines. lot`s of cool stuff coming. i have been out of the 3/34 " and 6" line for years. i turned my main focus on 1/6 since 05 and have not stopped. i could not go back to the smaller scale as my 1/6 took up all the room.

It's really weird that it's "sold out". We've seen this before when they did some of these QR code orders at SDCC, only to pop back up sooner or later. I'm not super confident that Dorkside will get all their orders, but we'll see.
I really don't understand how manufacturers who do direct sells don't take next steps to ensure that their digital channel has a better experience than say a Dorkside or Amazon. Why do this direct to consumer sale if you can't offer a better experience (product actually available) than going AnywhereInternet store USA???:slap

How does it sell out on a preorder from the manufacturers store??? Why don’t they just make more and sell it. Seems like a no brainer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We only need one more guard for the prisoner skiff now - that human guy. Hopefully we’ll see him soon.

Hoping we’ll get a new sarlacc too.

True, he's the last unmade character from the prisoner skiff - although I'm not a fan of the anorexic Kithaba figure at all and I think the Weequay Skiffmaster could be better, that horrible neck.

Another Skiff guard 3 pack with that human guard and the other two with their uglier aspects fixed would be ideal although I won't be holding my breath, they'd probably be straight rereleases at best.

Yikes.

Toy-Fair-New-York-2019-Hasbro-The-Vintage-Collection-012.jpg

New Jabba's Palace environment with Han and Ree-Yees:

DzjlGNHWwAEQZNT.jpg

DzjlT_eXgAItg9I.jpg

I wasn't a fan of that playset at first, but it's really grown on me so I think I'll grab one. $50 for a decent diorama with two individually-carded figures is a solid deal. I like that Han's carbonite block is magnetic this time. Hopefully it'll do well so they can make Jabba's throne room next - maybe throw a newly-tooled Bib Fortuna in with it?

Sadly that playset and the skiff disguise Lando are both Walmart exclusives. :( Hopefully they'll be easy enough to find after the Island Rey and Mimban Stormtrooper disaster.

I'm happy TVC is back. Hopefully these new figures will be enough to claw the line back from the depths after the terrible wave 1 launch.

The skiff is back on Hasbro pluse!

Thanks! just ordered.

Skiff is up at BBTS as well. Just preordered 2. Also scored Yakface and the new Klaatu, so all up, a good day.

Glad you said this. I was thinking of getting two for display, but the initial photo is so scene specific so just bought one thinking they'd have a regular one up later. Went back and realized they have the removable parts, to customize the skiff, etc. Ordered two to go with barge!

Athough BBTS eventually listed the Skiff and I usually buy from them I think I'll keep my orders with Dorksidetoys. I'd like to see how good those guys are and hopefully have them as a future option aswell since they also sell NECA figures.

Athough BBTS eventually listed the Skiff and I usually buy from them I think I'll keep my orders with Dorksidetoys. I'd like to see how good those guys are and hopefully have them as a future option aswell since they also sell NECA figures.

I've dealt with Dorkside in years past when I was collecting smaller scale, mass-market stuff like this -- they're pretty solid. Generally responsive customer service, good packing.

Back