3.75" Collecting Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I knew that as soon as I saw the first images - the barge is roughly half the height it should be. They just raised the railings and a few other details (like doorways) to fool the eye.

But as Buttmunch says, it's what Hasbro has done all along since the beginning. Though a few of the newest "medium size" vehicles are closer to actual scale - Snowspeeder, ATST, Cloud Car etc - as well as specials like the BMF.

^The BMF is still no where near proper scale. A proper in-scale Millennium Falcon for 3.75 inch figures would be very close to the size of the actual 5 foot filming miniature from ANH. And that thing is as big as a kitchen table!

^The BMF is still no where near proper scale. A proper in-scale Millennium Falcon for 3.75 inch figures would be very close to the size of the actual 5 foot filming miniature from ANH. And that thing is as big as a kitchen table!

Yeah, that's what I meant by "closer" - the BMF is probably about the same underscale difference as the sail barge. A little under half the size it should be overall.

I'm wondering if anyone has ever built a true-scale 3 3/4" Falcon?

There are very few Hasbro vehicles that are truly "in scale" in a modeller sense. The Snowspeeder seems very, very close. Not sure I could ever sell that one. An amazing piece.

Yeah, that's what I meant by "closer" - the BMF is probably about the same underscale difference as the sail barge. A little under half the size it should be overall.

There are very few Hasbro vehicles that are truly "in scale" in a modeller sense. The Snowspeeder seems very, very close. Not sure I could ever sell that one. An amazing piece.

That's one of my all time favorites in the line, I'll never sell mine. I feel like the second landspeeder (Target exclusive I think maybe) was pretty close if not proper scale too. Maybe the Black series First Order tie fighter too, but I might be way off on that lol

Just a little disappointed. Since this was fan funded, I thought it would’ve been much closer to the in scale size.

Still a magnificent piece...can’t go wrong with Bordeaux, but I thought it was better than half the correct size.

The "Hero Series" Mill. Falcon is "in scale", no ?

Hero series MF.jpg

Nope. Not even close.

It’s got more accurate proportions than the BMF (since it doesn’t open up for figures to fit inside) but it’s not nearly big enough to be in scale to 3.75 inch figures.

Below is the 5 foot long filming model from ANH, which is (funnily enough) very close to proper scale to 3.75” figures.

971b27883b3b2f7f7e6cb29a691f8f13.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Adding to the high prices of this new vintage line ($17.95 CAN) the figures themselves look like crap. So its hard to justify spending $20 when the toy company puts what looks like a $5 toy in the package. I recently saw the new SOLO line of 6” Han , Lando DS trooper and I was blown away at how awesome they looks compared to the existing line of 6” figure. They really stepped it to a point where the 6” captured my interest. Do this with your 3.75 and sell me on paying $20 on a figure

They are on sale this week at Toysrus for $10.77. Great deal if you wanted the set and live in Canada.

They are on sale this week at Toysrus for $10.77. Great deal if you wanted the set and live in Canada.

Well i said I'd return to the vintage line but after seeing the $17.95 CAN price I decided to pass. Was in Metrotown today and there they were all six on sale $10.77 at that price I could not pass.....

IMG_3894.jpg

Sorta kicking myself for passing on the Sail Barge now. I have no space to display it and sadly all my childhood figs are long gone. But still it's a rare nostalgic Star Wars event I wish I was in on now. Will be cool to see it happen, maybe I'll still be able to hop on the train.

Sorta kicking myself for passing on the Sail Barge now. I have no space to display it and sadly all my childhood figs are long gone. But still it's a rare nostalgic Star Wars event I wish I was in on now. Will be cool to see it happen, maybe I'll still be able to hop on the train.

Displaying it with a bunch of vintage 1983 figs would be cool too.

As I posted before, had this come out 10 years ago I would have been all over it, but I'm really only 1/6 and clearanced 6" figs these days, despite still loving my 2000-2014 4" figs (some of those 2010-2014 Jabba creatures would be awesome with the barge.)

My problem with the Sail Barge is over 50% (maybe even 70%) is all creative license (inside of Barge). That’s a lot of money for something we never saw onscreen. I would have much preferred Jabba’s Palace or Cantina Diorama!

As I posted before, had this come out 10 years ago I would have been all over it, but I'm really only 1/6 and clearanced 6" figs these days, despite still loving my 2000-2014 4" figs (some of those 2010-2014 Jabba creatures would be awesome with the barge.)

Yeah if I still had my old toys I would have bought for sure. I think all I still have is an x wing in terrible shape and a rusty lunch box.

Like you my collection is almost entirely 1/6. To be honest the stuff I have now is the stuff I dreamed of owning as a kid. I'm not going to hunt down the old Kenner stuff now but it was great to have as a kid. The crazy size of the Sail Barge is a big part of what makes it appealing to me. Would have loved to have had it in my living room in '83. But it's also what makes it kind of a tough sell.

My problem with the Sail Barge is over 50% (maybe even 70%) is all creative license (inside of Barge). That’s a lot of money for something we never saw onscreen. I would have much preferred Jabba’s Palace or Cantina Diorama!

Both of those would be really cool if you have all the appropriate figures to fill them up. Unfortunately I do not.

A huge Jabba's palace 3.75" playset is something I wanted badly as a kid but the problem for me anyway has always been how do you get the rancor pit to work with the much larger main level. There are work arounds sure, but it always comes off as kinda wonky. I now have the Lego version and it suffers because of this.

I have all the Jabba and Cantina aliens! A goal of mine would be to one day create the environment so these figures would have a home

I’m tempted to go the vintage route so that there’s a finite number of Jabba-related figures to get, and all from the same period.

For the modern figures most of the newer ones are great but there are so many and they’re all shooting up in price of course. Plus there are ones from several lines back that aren’t of quite the same quality but still tempting.

I’m tempted to go the vintage route so that there’s a finite number of Jabba-related figures to get, and all from the same period.

For the modern figures most of the newer ones are great but there are so many and they’re all shooting up in price of course. Plus there are ones from several lines back that aren’t of quite the same quality but still tempting.

3 3/4" has kinda gone silly - less articulation and higher prices. I can't keep it all straight or even figure it out. I come from a time when figs were $5 or under.:dunno

Even the 6" ones have me baffled as to how people pay those prices for dozens of figures.

Maybe vintage would be the way to go - most of the more common ROTJ vintage figs are fairly affordable if you go for mid-range condition. Though I still have my minty-mint full set of vintage figs and not sure I want to dump them into a dio/vehicle set-up. Some of them are $$$.:gah::lol

The 3 3/4" 5 poa line is actually priced pretty according I think. They were $5 when the Power of the Force line came out back in '95. They've gone up about $3 in 23 years, which doesn't really seem that crazy considering inflation, oil prices, the general cost of factory production, plastics, etc..

The figures are much much nicer now then they were back in '95 too. The vehicles are a different ball game though, they've pretty much doubled in price (or more in some cases) and have dropped in quality IMO..

Back