3.75" Collecting Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know why you're so sure of that. Not saying I know for a fact either but it seems strange to me that you feel so strongly about it that most of your posts pertaining to the Barge have been about the international question. As an 'international' its understandable why most of my posts would be - but not you. You're presumably in the US.

Having spent a lot of times on collectors forums during the past two decades, it is clear products flow has been significantly larger and steadier in the US than anywhere else in the world. Then, it is only natural the strongest backing source for this barge would be in the US.

In my part of the world, it's pretty much comparable to the outer rim (or even the unknown regions to some account). It's been a struggle to find figures on pegs past ROTS and only a wave here and there turned up in stores. Needless to say most of the collectors around here abandoned hope and sold off their collections.

Conclusion, looking at Dark Side Toys current orders, i'd say having a couple hundred more Barges available next year should more than enough to satisfy demand.

I don't think Dark Side Toys can be used as much of a barometer though. Who knows how many want the Barge but are put off by the fact these guys are totally new.

And the fact that we get to add 60% to the original price to secure one for the collection isn't helping either.

Not to throw a wet blanket on anyone's excitement over the potential of this piece but I would never be able to devote the cash and display space to this piece on account of how little screen time it ultimately got in the Saga. If I ever bought a 3.75 inch centerpiece it'd have to be the Falcon since I could alternate the dioramas at any given moment to accommodate Mos Eisley figures, Death Star hangar, Echo Base, Cloud City, Home One hangar or hell even those sandstorm deleted scene figures from ROTJ.

With the massive barge you get to represent the Sarlacc Pit sequence and nothing else.

500 is no slouch.

But What would really have sealed the deal for me was if they threw in the prior tiny skiff with a couple bonus figures to sweeten the deal. If I got this, I now have to track down some figures on ebay. Its not like they had to resculpt anything. Just a Fett or Jedi Luke?- maybe even some type of stand where you can "float" the skiff next to the barge. Just ideas.

And yes Im 42 years old and say all this because I would indeed play with this toy.

Its a memorable scene at least with all the main heroes and lots of cool background creatures set is a remote desert setting with some cool floating vehicles. That is about as Star Wars as a single scene can get.

Sure, the Falcon or Death Star are more iconic, but they have been done in various ways over the years and the barge hasn’t. If this ever funds, I’m sure we’ll get versions of the MF and DS eventually. This is just the start the start of a new thing for Hasbro to try to make new, unreatailable items collectors want. Funding this only opens more doors for new items. Even if this doesn’t hit 5,000 it will be close and show Hasbro there is a demand for these kind of items. This might have been mismanaged with an incomplete prototype at the start, but it certainly isn’t a failure even if it doesn’t fund. The “lab” part of Haslab even recognizes this is an experiment and any scientist should be able to learn from failed experiments and try again with making corrections from the results.

Not to throw a wet blanket on anyone's excitement over the potential of this piece but I would never be able to devote the cash and display space to this piece on account of how little screen time it ultimately got in the Saga. If I ever bought a 3.75 inch centerpiece it'd have to be the Falcon since I could alternate the dioramas at any given moment to accommodate Mos Eisley figures, Death Star hangar, Echo Base, Cloud City, Home One hangar or hell even those sandstorm deleted scene figures from ROTJ.

With the massive barge you get to represent the Sarlacc Pit sequence and nothing else.

That's true about the Falcon. Back when I had my collection on display I had the BMF, the 1995 Falcon and the OTC Falcon in separate 'dioramas' - there's no need that I can think of to have more than one Sailbarge display-wise.

Even still, it's so distinctive and all the other things Buttmunch mentioned.

Even if this doesn’t hit 5,000 it will be close and show Hasbro there is a demand for these kind of items. This might have been mismanaged with an incomplete prototype at the start, but it certainly isn’t a failure even if it doesn’t fund. The “lab” part of Haslab even recognizes this is an experiment and any scientist should be able to learn from failed experiments and try again with making corrections from the results.

If it doesn't go ahead that immediately puts a downer on Haslab for me because they happened to choose what would have been my number one choice. Literally anything else that might succeed where the Barge didn't can only be something that I care less about.

500 is no slouch.

But What would really have sealed the deal for me was if they threw in the prior tiny skiff with a couple bonus figures to sweeten the deal. If I got this, I now have to track down some figures on ebay. Its not like they had to resculpt anything. Just a Fett or Jedi Luke?- maybe even some type of stand where you can "float" the skiff next to the barge. Just ideas.

And yes Im 42 years old and say all this because I would indeed play with this toy.

If this gets backed and produced you have to think they will rerelease the skiff

I don't know why you're so sure of that. Not saying I know for a fact either but it seems strange to me that you feel so strongly about it that most of your posts pertaining to the Barge have been about the international question. As an 'international' its understandable why most of my posts would be - but not you. You're presumably in the US.

Well I don't feel the international customers is even 10% of sales. I just don't get why some people expect a huge surge of international buyers if ordering is open worldwide. I could end up being wrong but who knows..

Well I don't feel the international customers is even 10% of sales. I just don't get why some people expect a huge surge of international buyers if ordering is open worldwide. I could end up being wrong but who knows..

Whatever the percentage it could only have helped. Hopefully there's enough of a surge still to come from the US and Canada because, Dark Side Toys excepted, they haven't allowed any other possibility.

Ugh - 1500 spots to sell in 10 days. This ain't gonna happen. Hopefully if it at least crosses 4,000 they will extend it.

Hasbro's 2017 international sales versus domestic were around $2.2B international versus $2.6B for domestic U.S. - they are roughly the same.

If this gets backed and produced you have to think they will rerelease the skiff

They've said they don't currently have any plans, but I doubt they wouldn't consider it at some point. ToysRUs going away is going to be a significant game changer. TRU would have been a logical place to rerelease a Skiff as an exclusive. Target and Walmart aren't going to go for that. Hard to say if Amazon or online retailers (BBTS, EE, Dorkside, etc) would be viable options like the recent Vision/Scarlet Witch TRU exclusive that got rerouted to them.

I think the dust will need to settle from TRU's demise for Hasbro and other manufacturers to figure out their new product line ups. TRU had a bunch of exclusives at Toy Fair that need to find homes before anything new gets announced. If this succeeds, I think all of those figures we are seeing in the Barge pics will get released along with more occasionally throughout the 3 3/4" line. It would be stupid not to. I know I didn't pick up a lot of Jabba related figures over the last few years, but I would certainly now with someplace to put them.

Ugh - 1500 spots to sell in 10 days. This ain't gonna happen. Hopefully if it at least crosses 4,000 they will extend it.

Some guys on rebelscum predicting up to 5400 or something. I can't see that. I think it'll take a significant amount of last-minute buyers plus a whole lot of people reluctantly ordering more than they actually wanted just to get it to the 5000.

Some guys on rebelscum predicting up to 5400 or something. I can't see that. I think it'll take a significant amount of last-minute buyers plus a whole lot of people reluctantly ordering more than they actually wanted just to get it to the 5000.

I reluctantly ordered mine weeks ago. :lol

It’ll happen, but I think it’ll be close — 5,097 or something

I reluctantly ordered mine weeks ago. :lol

It’ll happen, but I think it’ll be close — 5,097 or something

Time to start a pool....

I don't think it makes it, but I think hasbro still goes ahead, as they have 1.7 million in hand already

My guess 4416...

Back