3.75" Collecting Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/157163

How this abomination gets released in 2021 I do not know.

The "holstered" pistol. :lol

f15de0e5-90d9-4eb0-80fe-0d5c5c5edc77.jpg

Is the carbon freeze chamber any good? I see Target has it for $37 shipped which makes picking up two seem more reasonable...

The "holstered" pistol. :lol

f15de0e5-90d9-4eb0-80fe-0d5c5c5edc77.jpg

A hideous looking figure from top to bottom. Face looks like a mutant of some kind, ugly neck, that terrible barrel torso with the ugly joint, the same anorexic waist and legs they've been using for over 15 years, the same floating holster. Just awful.

A hideous looking figure from top to bottom. Face looks like a mutant of some kind, ugly neck, that terrible barrel torso with the ugly joint, the same anorexic waist and legs they've been using for over 15 years, the same floating holster. Just awful.

Stuff like this Solo figure is a reminder why I can't seriously collect TVC or Black Series anymore. A high number of the figures just aren't very good. I mostly just collect vehicles with the figures being accessories to those if they are good enough.

Yeah it's a strange reversal from years ago when we were crying out for playsets/dioramas but they refused to make any. Now they've made some decent diorama sets and some great vehicles (both new and some great repaints) but new figures are few and far between. It's mainly just repacks and some poor choices too - either a figure that's already been repacked relatively recently or a repack of a terrible figure that was never good to begin with - such as Endor Han here.

Is the carbon freeze chamber any good? I see Target has it for $37 shipped which makes picking up two seem more reasonable...

It’s probably worth it at that price considering it also comes with a $13 value Stormtrooper. It doesn’t really connect into place like you might expect. Mostly rests together. I only have the circle put together as the stairs just make it overly huge and a real space eater. It’s about as iconic as a playset gets for Star Wars.

What's kind of infuriating is they rerelease a figure like Endor Han that nobody needs but not some of the characters demanding ridiculous sums of money since release of the Barge.

I'm still looking for a Wooff, blue Nikto, and hunter Weequay for a normal price.

That’s what’s so frustrating with that fan vote. Those all need rereleases - especially the tank driver if they ever want to move the tanks on clearance everywhere.

It’s probably worth it at that price considering it also comes with a $13 value Stormtrooper. It doesn’t really connect into place like you might expect. Mostly rests together. I only have the circle put together as the stairs just make it overly huge and a real space eater. It’s about as iconic as a playset gets for Star Wars.

I'm using an IKEA Kallax for my Star Wars stuff at the moment - the cubicles aren't big enough in any dimension to fit the fully assembled Carbon Freezing Chamber so I've just got the circle and the stairs but not the upper gantry part. The stairs are attached to the circle as they should be but they're just leaning against the room wall (kallax are open backed).

It?s probably worth it at that price considering it also comes with a $13 value Stormtrooper. It doesn?t really connect into place like you might expect. Mostly rests together. I only have the circle put together as the stairs just make it overly huge and a real space eater. It?s about as iconic as a playset gets for Star Wars.

Thanks for the input, I ordered a couple. Should display nicely someday with the Slave 1 I picked up recently.

If anyone is interested I just noticed BBTS is taking preorders for the TVC ROTJ Fett again. It had been sold out pretty much everywhere.

Re: 3.75" Collecting Thread

What's kind of infuriating is they rerelease a figure like Endor Han that nobody needs but not some of the characters demanding ridiculous sums of money since release of the Barge.

I'm still looking for a Wooff, blue Nikto, and hunter Weequay for a normal price.

Good on you for grabbing the Barge though. No doubt the dumbest thing I have done since I started collecting toys again was passing on the Sail Barge because of the potential hassle and expense of hunting down all the relevant figures. At this point I just want the damn Barge, I don't even care much about a "complete" set of the figures.

It’s beautiful. And honestly it’s easier to deal with unboxed than boxed. The box is so big and honestly a pain to store. It is a massive piece. Only place I had room for it was the shelf of the headboard of my bed :lol it’s one is the last things I see every night and one of the first things I see every morning and I don’t grow tired of it. I swear ikea has collectors in mind with some of their designs. I actually bought the headrest it hopes the barge would fit when it finally shipped so I was so relieved when it worked out.

In case anyone is interested in looking into that option:

https://www.ikea.com/us/en/p/brimnes-headboard-with-storage-compartment-black-30269172/

Fits on top just fine with room to spare on the edges. Wouldn’t recommend against a wall as it does splay over the edge width wise so the gap between the wall and window above my bed provided just enough cushion for that but a flat wall probably wouldn’t work (it’s just the sails really so it would probably work without those attached.)

Last edited:
It was expected but what a disappointing event for TVC. 4 repacks and 4 repaints. only exciting reveal is a repainted x-Wing and a repainted body with new HS.

Where are the new molds Hasbro. So many to choose fron the 6" TBS library.

That is the strange thing about Star Wars is there is very little chance for them to reuse sculpts unless it’s a trooper of some kind. The clones were basically made for the toy companies to repeatedly cash in. Every now and then they get creative with parts but unlike marvel legends, nobody is wearing different colored spandex and it’s hard to have a library of bucks to choose from. Most main characters are all new sculpts and even most of the background droid and aliens are too. A repainted x-wing and body are those occasional wins for them in that regard. One new head and everything else is new paint. I don’t feel they needed to change anything from that mentality with this other than maybe issuing better QC. I don’t think anybody their recent At-Sts are capable of standing on their own. It’s not an unreasonable request for it to be able to stand there under its own weight :lol

Honestly I think all the tooling budget is going towards Mando figures right now. That sells and can demand the new sculpts. Everything else is on the back burner these days. I’m mostly ok with that but some of these lazy rereleases have been just bad. Even worse when they dangle this fan vote in front of us when I can still find the Walmart black series Ackbar. He didn’t need a rerelease but any of the ones in the fan vote would have been better choices than any in today’s wave.

Re: 3.75" Collecting Thread

Good on you for grabbing the Barge though. No doubt the dumbest thing I have done since I started collecting toys again was passing on the Sail Barge because of the potential hassle and expense of hunting down all the relevant figures. At this point I just want the damn Barge, I don't even care much about a "complete" set of the figures.

Hasbro denied me even the option of it so that's my excuse for not having one. Spacewise it's probably for the best but if I'd been able to get one I'm sure it's the kind of thing one would sacrifice other stuff to display it.

Back