3.75" Collecting Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Mandalore Plot

kMvSLhP.jpg

Got my Falcon yesterday and could hardly be happier with it, so glad they released it internationally. This is the paint app we always needed but which, I assume, they couldn't budget in back when they first made it.

I know these pics are dark but flash completely washes out the paint detail

IMG_8391.JPG
IMG_8393.JPG
IMG_8398.JPG

My nitpicks (and these are things I can easily live with)

IMG_8419.JPG
IMG_8416.JPG

There is a slight gap where the canopy doesn't quite close fully, as reported by others. And in the second pic (top down view of canopy) - there is some exposed clear plastic where the paint should have extended further back

Here's the same area on my old BMF

IMG_8418.JPG

Oh, another nit - I think the weathering paint on one of the front outrigger portions is a tad fainter than the weathering on the other one.

That's it. All the lights and sounds seem to be in working order and it has all the sounds and voice clips that the original BMF had so I had no misgivings about disassembling the 2008 version and packing it away (I actually put it in the Smuggler's Run box since it was handy).

Despite old disappointments that remain - principally the lack of a usable corridor leading to the cockpit - this is the definitive Millenium Falcon Toy in existence today.

Very nice. I get so tempted by some of this Hasbro stuff but opt to live vicariously. The poor closure on the cockpit might drive me to madness but other than that, looks like a solid toy. I'm sure you don't really notice that when it's on display.

I thought the 3.75'' line was dying but they're coming out with some pretty good to great stuff lately - not very many new figures - but showpiece vehicles (albeit mostly rereleased) and brand new playsets/dioramas.

These all suit the more dialled back SW collection I want now.

Pretty sure the stormtroopers in ESB had their holsters on the right side. Except for 2 towards the end of the escape sequence that crouched and fired from a hallway or door which was actually flipped footage. I could be mistaken -- it's been a while. Which is to say I don't think the image on that vintage style cardback is flipped as the reviewer mentions.

I want that carded figure, but don't have space for that display. Seems a bit too barebones while taking up too much room as well.

With all the requisite figures - that you can finally display in a way that isn't ridiculously cramped like the POTJ playset - it shouldn't look barebones. What I'd be worried about is how unstable it might be on those legs. Seems like a minor nightmare if you have to constantly stand figures back up after they've fallen and knocked eachother over like dominos.

Got my Falcon yesterday and could hardly be happier with it, so glad they released it internationally. This is the paint app we always needed but which, I assume, they couldn't budget in back when they first made it.

I know these pics are dark but flash completely washes out the paint detail

View attachment 495625
View attachment 495626
View attachment 495627

My nitpicks (and these are things I can easily live with)

View attachment 495628
View attachment 495629

There is a slight gap where the canopy doesn't quite close fully, as reported by others. And in the second pic (top down view of canopy) - there is some exposed clear plastic where the paint should have extended further back

Here's the same area on my old BMF

View attachment 495630

Oh, another nit - I think the weathering paint on one of the front outrigger portions is a tad fainter than the weathering on the other one.

That's it. All the lights and sounds seem to be in working order and it has all the sounds and voice clips that the original BMF had so I had no misgivings about disassembling the 2008 version and packing it away (I actually put it in the Smuggler's Run box since it was handy).

Despite old disappointments that remain - principally the lack of a usable corridor leading to the cockpit - this is the definitive Millenium Falcon Toy in existence today.

Awwwww yea! Congrats :) Love my Falcon.

With all the requisite figures - that you can finally display in a way that isn't ridiculously cramped like the POTJ playset - it shouldn't look barebones. What I'd be worried about is how unstable it might be on those legs. Seems like a minor nightmare if you have to constantly stand figures back up after they've fallen and knocked eachother over like dominos.

It does look good with the Ugnaughts and all the other figures on there.

087033e39f5e5b886586efb6aca57403.jpg

On BBTS that photo above was the last one they had while this is what was first and it left a lasting impression, I guess.

8ee334d79186a786c78761c194fdade2.jpg

Happy it got made but honestly I'm just at a point where I mostly don't have interest in displaying the loose figures so the play sets aren't ideal for me. I've mainly been picking up the vehicles and carded figures.

Happy it got made but honestly I'm just at a point where I mostly don't have interest in displaying the loose figures so the play sets aren't ideal for me. I've mainly been picking up the vehicles and carded figures.

It's in stock now at staractionfigures where I have one on order. So I'll see it in person in a couple of weeks.

Where I'm at - because I just don't have the space anymore - is that I will display loose figures where I have a scene-setting context for them and only as many figures as I can get away with before it looks stupidly packed.

The Carbon Freezing scene is pretty important so I'm definitely going to display it.....somewhere...

Here's a picture from a chap called Coreworld over on Rebelscum of a different configuration than the Hasbro pics.

DSC00755.jpg

Hmmm. It sure does have a big footprint. Won't be easy to display this. I currently don't have any space free that has this depth or width.

Back