212th Attack Battalion: Utapau Clone Trooper - official photo thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Utapau Clone Trooper finally made it to me today. After being sent to the post office and then back to StarWarsShop and then straight to my house.

I am happy as a pig in mud.

I am curious, though as to why the right pistol-grip hand is nicely pliable but the left pistol-grip hand is rigid and can not be flexed.

I have had a little more time to play with him, now. I like how tight the joints have gotten on these armored figures. That helps a lot. I still wish they would drop the pleather bodysuit in exchange for the spandex one that the Stormtroopers have. I could not care less about the lines in the pleather. I would take the added articulation any day.

Does anyone know where i can get one of these for reasonable price in the UK?
I can't seem to find any, anywhere apart from a few on ebay with stupid postage costs from the US.

Anybody offer any help / hints on how to change the body suit on the clone troopers? I can't seem to find a clip or hinge or spot to "undo" the armor, to change the body suits. Are the body suits even removeable without damaging the suits?

Anybody offer any help / hints on how to change the body suit on the clone troopers? I can't seem to find a clip or hinge or spot to "undo" the armor, to change the body suits. Are the body suits even removeable without damaging the suits?

I changed mine but you do risk the chance of damaging the armor. They glue the armor at the edges.

Each it can be a wee bit tricky... Some are glued really well and other come apart easy. I just keep squeezing the chest all
The way around until it cracks open. :)

So there aren't any real "tabs" that connect the armor? It is a permanent glue?

Go mine today and switched suits...

dscn0211k.jpg

Go mine today and switched suits

I have contemplated doing this before but it just doesn't seem worth it to me. Out of all my clones the utapau is the only one without a cloth bodysuit. Maybe down the road sometime I will swap it. Were did you get your extra bodysuit from if you don't mind me asking?

I have contemplated doing this before but it just doesn't seem worth it to me. Out of all my clones the utapau is the only one without a cloth bodysuit. Maybe down the road sometime I will swap it. Were did you get your extra bodysuit from if you don't mind me asking?

I got another cheap Clone Captain loose figure from secondary market...

I would love to change the suits on my Utapau, I even have an extra suit I bought around here to start to change them, but since I may have to crack or break and then glue the body armour back together - I am not going to try - I don't want to be gluing $100 figures back together.

Its just a damn shame that SS doesn't sell the suits. It would serve to build a culture around the clones similar to military customizers. Maybe even go back and re engineer the chest piece so it can be snapped together and sell it with the bsuit so those unfortunate few who crack the crap outta the old one aren't in a lurch if they have a little paint skill. IMHO

Its just a damn shame that SS doesn't sell the suits. It would serve to build a culture around the clones similar to military customizers. Maybe even go back and re engineer the chest piece so it can be snapped together and sell it with the bsuit so those unfortunate few who crack the crap outta the old one aren't in a lurch if they have a little paint skill. IMHO

Good idea, you should post it in the suggestions forum!

Good idea, you should post it in the suggestions forum!

Won't do any good. Collectors have been begging Sideshow to make different parts (including the body suits) available outside of the figures for years. It just ain't the way Sideshow rolls.

Man, the Utapau Trooper looks so good...I missed out on him originally and SO wish that SS would re-release him...along with the Shock Trooper...those are two I missed out on that are gaping holes in my Clone Army :monkey2

Back