2,000 Posts and a New Name!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Captain Faramir said:
Yep, that's right, in honor of Faramir's coming I've changed my username to Captain Faramir! Whether or not it'll be permanent depends on how I like it and how people react, but I know a lot of people have already suggested it and most associate it with me anyway.

ALSO I've now reached 2,000 posts, half of which I imagine have filled up the LOTR forums. I bet you that will double the closer we get to his coming. So if you're looking for Captain Aldeggon, look no further. For now, Captain Aldeggon shall be

Captain Faramir, Son of Denethor and Captain of Gondor!

congrats oh noble successor to the steward of gondor. may all your journeys be safe and may all your posts be faramir rich.

Thank you all! It appears the change has received mixed reactions, so it probably won't be permanent. As for CF, no, that's Collector Freak's title. That's why I went with Captain Faramir instead of just Faramir--so you can still call me Cap or Captain or whatever.

And thanks for all the kind words!

At least Captain Faramir is easier to spell Captain Algernon... Aldegern... Algaeno.... Agloendennon... Al...

How forget it. :cuss

pixletwin said:
At least Captain Faramir is easier to spell Captain Algernon... Aldegern... Algaeno.... Agloendennon... Al...

How forget it. :cuss

Yes, I never did figure out how to pronounce it:lol That is why I always typed Cap.

I think the change is nice because, like you said, we all associate you with Faramir anyway. I like it.

Maybe Tom should change his to tomandluke :lol

Captain Aldeggon who? Who's this guy?? :monkey1

Just joking, congrats on 2000 posts! They all came within a year, carry on the good work! The new nick is nice, much easier to spell than aldeggon. Retaining the captain in the nick is good in the sense that when we refer to faramir, it would have been to both the character/figure and you at the same time if your nick was simply faramir.

I never though about that. The pronunciation was ALL-deh-gone. It was a made up name too from long ago playing Star Wars with my sisters, but I long ago moved from Star Wars to LOTR. But Galactiboy was the first to point out that things might change when we get Captain Antilles, my other dream figure. You know me well, my friend.

If enough people support it, I'll keep it as it is. I'm kind of leaving it to you guys.

Back