1st Annual Rainman Member Appreciation Photo Contest

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What a great contest!! Everyone had fantastic photos!! Glad to have gotten a chance to participate. Here are my pics... Cheers!

Call it.jpg

Anton Hall2.jpg

Anton Case.jpg

Eight places?!?!

Congrats to all! Now I can finally get a chance to go and look at everyone's entries.

We should definitely start a new dedicated thread next year

No clue how your 2nd Butcher picture (3rd Entry) didn't place Pedro, no clue what so ever! That shot is amazing!

I didn't enter this because I thought Lee wanted scenes from movies like he asked for haha instead of group shots:
View attachment 141029

You definitely should have entered this. This is one of my faves of all! I know that he said he wanted movie scenes but they all are in a pose from their respective flicks. That pic would've (or should've) placed

Congrats to the winners! So many awesome pics again!

I didn't win anything but gotta say it was a blast to participate, you really get to be creative with the figgies :)

Here were mine:

Entry1_zps3d44be74.jpg

Entry2_zps6a850196.jpg

Entry8_zps7c126603.jpg

GREAT great shots everyone. I love photo contests since I started actually taking photography of figures for with some sort of seriousness since last year. :)

Does anyone know how the prizes work? He stated there would be 5 winners, then listed 6 prizes, now chose 8 winners...... anyone confirm what the dealio is?!?! :dunno

You definitely should have entered this. This is one of my faves of all! I know that he said he wanted movie scenes but they all are in a pose from their respective flicks. That pic would've (or should've) placed

Haha ya didn't want to do a group shot because he said he wanted movie scenes but apparently he didn't stick to that haha, thanks.

Haha ya didn't want to do a group shot because he said he wanted movie scenes but apparently he didn't stick to that haha, thanks.

your group shot was amazing Andrew. I find the outcome strange since the theme was movie scenes... I want to see a list of the pictures that won tbh just to see how many were movie scenes.... I tried to create 2 scenes so I'd be surprised if my group shot placed, but it is likely it is the one that did... :dunno

your group shot was amazing Andrew. I find the outcome strange since the theme was movie scenes... I want to see a list of the pictures that won tbh just to see how many were movie scenes.... I tried to create 2 scenes so I'd be surprised if my group shot placed, but it is likely it is the one that did... :dunno

I think he didn't really follow his own rules. You also could see 3 of the first 4 posted their pictures on the 16th.

I think he didn't really follow his own rules. You also could see 3 of the first 4 posted their pictures on the 16th.

The first 2 rows (8 entries) all say 16th but that is in Korea time, which is still the 15th in North America.

Thanks man! Yea I think the rules were weird haha but then again Rainman isn't that fluent in English, it was still fun, KJun's pic was amazing!

He said movie scenes but being an artist, i think he expects a degree of creativity and something new. How many scenes from movies can be done until we start repeating right? I feel that the last supper was extremely creative, Albiet not abiding by the "rules" which i thought were more like guidelines anyway :lol

Something new? Don't get me wrong, The Last Supper pic was well done and deserved to win, but how many times have we seen this Last supper parody staging? Whether Star Wars or BSG or Popeye or Looney Toons or Marvel or DC or Muppets, etc., it's been done to death for a long time. Again, it's a great pic, and not taking anything away from K.Jun, but that parody is not particularly creative or original, imo. While effective, it's rather cliche.

Last edited:
Something new? Don't get me wrong, The Last Supper pic was well done and deserved to win, but how many times have we seen this Last supper parody staging? Whether Star Wars or BSG or Popeye or Looney Toons or Marvel or DC or Muppets, etc., it's been done to death for a long time. Again, it's a great pic, and not taking anything away from K.Jun, but that parody is not particularly creative or original, imo. While effective, it's rather cliche.
Here, here.... the pic was very well layed out and done, but the idea lacked originality i think. Having said that it did win and obviously deserved the W, it stood out to me for sure.

I'm still really dying to know which photo of mine he chose, my fav actually ended up being the simplest, the pig head with the customized note for the contest. I know it doesn't fall in line with a film scene, but it had the most homage to rainman as an artist I think

If it was my Bill shot, im very honoured because I built the diorama for last years contest and didn't place, so I feel like my photography must have improved in his eyes this year to make the cut!

I do think the last supper photos strength lies in its posing of the figures more than its originality or actual photography, but the posing is so perfect it sets it above and I do believe it deserved to take the top prize!

I really liked Lakhotas entries, AkJ's with the church dio, and mags awesome clockwork setup too!

I didnt realize my Taxi driver pic resembled Raymond's from last year until someone pointed it out...whoopsy daisy :slap

Next year, I hope I can have more rainman figures to photography.

I'm still really dying to know which photo of mine he chose, my fav actually ended up being the simplest, the pig head with the customized note for the contest. I know it doesn't fall in line with a film scene, but it had the most homage to rainman as an artist I think

If it was my Bill shot, im very honoured because I built the diorama for last years contest and didn't place, so I feel like my photography must have improved in his eyes this year to make the cut!

I do think the last supper photos strength lies in its posing of the figures more than its originality or actual photography, but the posing is so perfect it sets it above and I do believe it deserved to take the top prize!

I really liked Lakhotas entries, AkJ's with the church dio, and mags awesome clockwork setup too!

Loved your pics bud, especially the Pig Head.
Great idea, a movie scene yet relating it directly to the comp!
Could be the front cover for the new book. :)

Back