1st 1/4 SSE Mummy on eBay!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alice Adrenochrome said:
Yeah... perhaps SSC should do that for the extremely limited items. Note the friggin' names and exclude them form buying future extremely limited items if they flip it on ebay! That's an effective way of handling scalpers. Raising prices and inventing alternative selling methods like the lottery only hurt collectors.

what hurt the collectors is the ES. this piece should have been anywhere from 150 to 350.this piece has alot more going for it than let say The Wolfman or LAM.

hydrobud said:
what hurt the collectors is the ES. this piece should have been anywhere from 150 to 350.this piece has alot more going for it than let say The Wolfman or LAM.
This should have been in the 100-150 range tops. They would never sell 350 SSE Mummy's.

It's not exactly bad press for Sideshow when word gets around that their pieces are going for 2, 3 or 4 times their original price on eBay.

I'm not one of those who claim that Sideshow does these ultra-limited editions simply for the sake of publicity, but I don't think they mind that kind of buzz when it happens.

tomandshell said:
It's not exactly bad press for Sideshow when word gets around that their pieces are going for 2, 3 or 4 times their original price on eBay.

I'm not one of those who claim that Sideshow does these ultra-limited editions simply for the sake of publicity, but I don't think they mind that kind of buzz when it happens.
Considering they mention it in their catalogs, I don't think they mind at all.

tomandshell said:

as long as I'm the one getting the 2,3,4 times the amount in my bank, I wouldn't care....

Bannister said:
probably going to send it back. It is a decent size, not huge, but not tiny either. I will post a pic when I get the chance. I didn't even unwrap the Mummy as I didn't want to mess with putting it back in the box. One thing I noticed instead of clear plastic wrap on the Sarcophagus, they used black this time.
Here is a pic of the paint rub:
dscf0928bs1.jpg

Alice Adrenochrome said:
Yeah... perhaps SSC should do that for the extremely limited items. Note the friggin' names and exclude them form buying future extremely limited items if they flip it on ebay! That's an effective way of handling scalpers. Raising prices and inventing alternative selling methods like the lottery only hurt collectors.

Actually, I was just kidding. Hence the little guys rolling all over the floor laughing. I sincerely doubt SSC gives a rat's crusty behind who buys their product. So long as they don't have to liquidate it in a Spooktackular. :rotfl :D :rotfl

Sad Ban, I think that is worth sending back. :monkey2

Oh, and wpcajun is a member here too. :wave

PsychoCenobite said:
Both of these don't seem to be getting high bids or any at all! :monkey1
PsychoCenobite :monkey5

That is what those people get for trying to make extra money off of them
when some true collectors wanted one & did not get one! :cuss

I hope they do not even get the reg price out of them. :rotfl

The Monster said:
That is what those people get for trying to make extra money off of them
when some true collectors wanted one & did not get one! :cuss

I hope they do not even get the reg price out of them. :rotfl
No offense, but I think that's a pretty poor attitude. How would you like it if people started wishing bad things about you? After all, you have more than your "fair share" of these pieces. You certainly have more than I do. Should I blame you for the fact that I don't have them all?

As it happens, I have had the law laid down at my house. I can only keep one Mummy, and I have to sell the other on eBay (my wife knows a fair bit about collectibles, and cares less about other collectors than she does about getting the going rate for pieces that I sell). Does that make me evil in your eyes too?

Collector purists often act more like religious zealots. I love SS stuff and the hat they sent me, but the "collect for life" saying is a bit much for me. I'm selling some of my stuff to take the fam on a Disney cruise. Guess where? Evilbay. People that say they are going to die with their collection have misplaced values IMO. This is all just "stuff". You can't take it with you. Keep it or sell it. Doesn't make you a better or worse person either way. Given a choice of a week of memories with my kids or a couple hunks of well designed cloth and clay, I'll take the time with the kids every time.

RoboDad said:
No offense, but I think that's a pretty poor attitude. How would you like it if people started wishing bad things about you? After all, you have more than your "fair share" of these pieces. You certainly have more than I do. Should I blame you for the fact that I don't have them all?

As it happens, I have had the law laid down at my house. I can only keep one Mummy, and I have to sell the other on eBay (my wife knows a fair bit about collectibles, and cares less about other collectors than she does about getting the going rate for pieces that I sell). Does that make me evil in your eyes too?

What are you talking about?
I have one of these, I am just trying to stick up for those who did not get one. It is not right to charge people who truly want it extra money on ebay.
that is all I am trying say here.

The Monster said:
I have one of these, I am just trying to stick up for those who did not get one. It is not right to charge people who truly want it extra money on ebay.

But what about potential buyers dictating the price? The first auction that was listed started at $499.99, well over the retail price, and has received ZERO bids. The second auction started at .99 and has received 12 bids which have brought the price up to $450. So, I'd say there is a difference between the two sellers. Just my 2 cents though.:monkey1

threeonesix said:
But what about potential buyers dictating the price? The first auction that was listed started at $499.99, well over the retail price, and has received ZERO bids. The second auction started at .99 and has received 12 bids which have brought the price up to $450. So, I'd say there is a difference between the two sellers. Just my 2 cents though.:monkey1
The difference between the two sellers is one is going to sell his Mummy and the other isn't.

The Monster said:
leboeskipe6.jpg

Back