1st 1/4 SSE Mummy on eBay!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOTRFan said:
Get some shots while you unpack it, I really want to see the way SS wrapped this one. :wave
crap. did you ask me to do that?

I was so caught up in checking him out on my lunch break I didnt rememeber to take pics.
although I did, for the most part, wrap him back up very close to the original way I think. So I can take pics when I get him back out in a couple days in case Monster doesnt take any

I don't think I asked, it's all good. I am just glad I didn't open it for you before I sent it off.

:mummy

I am glad to hear that there haven't been too many problems with this piece so far. I just recieved my replacement color Mummy today and the base had a paint rub on it. You could even see the missing paint on the styrofoam.

Bannister said:
I am glad to hear that there haven't been too many problems with this piece so far. I just recieved my replacement color Mummy today and the base had a paint rub on it. You could even see the missing paint on the styrofoam.

Is it something you are going to live with, or do you have to send it back again? :monkey2

LOTRFan said:
Is it something you are going to live with, or do you have to send it back again? :monkey2
probably going to send it back. It is a decent size, not huge, but not tiny either. I will post a pic when I get the chance. I didn't even unwrap the Mummy as I didn't want to mess with putting it back in the box. One thing I noticed instead of clear plastic wrap on the Sarcophagus, they used black this time.

Bannister said:
probably going to send it back. It is a decent size, not huge, but not tiny either. I will post a pic when I get the chance. I didn't even unwrap the Mummy as I didn't want to mess with putting it back in the box. One thing I noticed instead of clear plastic wrap on the Sarcophagus, they used black this time.

My Colored Mummy has a broken mag but otherwise no damage.

The Monster said:
My Colored Mummy has a broken mag but otherwise no damage.
My first one had a paint rub on the base and the Magnet was broken as well. At least I assume that is what was rattling around in the Sarcophagus.

Bannister said:
My first one had a paint rub on the base and the Magnet was broken as well. At least I assume that is what was rattling around in the Sarcophagus.

Sideshow told me the rattling is norm because of the type of stuff they use to make The Mummy. When it heats up, Little pieces of it break off inside.

The Monster said:
Sideshow told me the rattling is norm because of the type of stuff they use to make The Mummy. When it heats up, Little pieces of it break off inside.
thats nice to know. mine did have some rattling too now that you mention it.

the Mummy hold in the sarc. just enough to keep him in place. So I wasnt sure if those were magnets or not.
Lids very tight though.

:rock
Bannister said:
Nope, I live in TX, not Chula Vista, plus I would be man enough to list the number, post the auction and rub it in all of your faces.:rotfl

Plus take the head of the first complainer!:rock

CV represent :rock :rock :rock ...must be my uncle or my aunt or my cousin or my grandma or my homies :eek:

Hey TOE,

THE MUMMY HAS BEEN UNEARTHED!!!!

I never thought I would be so happy to see one of the undead in my house!

:rotfl

He is truly a MASTERPIECE!

He is so life like, I think "HE WENT FOR A LITTLE WALK!" :mummy

Or have I watched too many Universal Monster Movies....Well TOE, what do you think? :rotfl I will never forget what you have done for me. If you had not stepped up & entered the lottery, I would have never had a MUMMY SSE PF Figure in my collection. Then both SSE sets would be incomplete. However, thanks to you my friend, they are not. :D I am so grateful to you TOE for choosing my house as The Mummys final resting place....get it resting place. :rotfl

Let us all put up our glasses to TOE :duff for his kindness and unselfish act in helping out a fellow Sideshowfreak.

Thanks again for your help TOE, Now I can sleep better at night. :rotfl

Later

The Monster,
Nick

occulum said:

RoboDad's was #25; this is supposed to be #32. Those look like RoboDad's pictures, with the watermark cropped off! He added the watermark to ward off eBay rats, and they use the pictures within 24 hours!!! :rotfl

His last feedback was for a Retro Spider-Man PF, and cross-checking the Registry, he is a member of Statue Forum; his ID is 316what.

The Monster said:
Hey TOE,

THE MUMMY HAS BEEN UNEARTHED!!!!

Thanks again for your help TOE, Now I can sleep better at night. :rotfl

Later

The Monster,
Nick

You are making me blush here man :eek: :lol :duff

You are welcome Nick and also to your mother. Again, I'm glad it went to someone really deserving. Glad you love it and that your PF collection is complete. Hope you and your mother enjoy it forever. :mummy :mummy :mummy

See people, the Kurgans are not all that bad :lol

Anton Phibes said:
Its a fancy way of saying :"Just in case Sideshow knows what number they sent me, and decides to take some precautionary methods to prevent me from flipping future extremely limited products, I will not tell you the number I have. This way I can still pretend to be a fan of the extremely limited future releases and continue to flip to my hearts content.":rotfl :rotfl :maul
Yeah... perhaps SSC should do that for the extremely limited items. Note the friggin' names and exclude them form buying future extremely limited items if they flip it on ebay! That's an effective way of handling scalpers. Raising prices and inventing alternative selling methods like the lottery only hurt collectors.

maybe the person bought it from a good hearted freak and decided to flip it.thats the only reason i can think of as to not disclosing the number.

Alice Adrenochrome said:
Yeah... perhaps SSC should do that for the extremely limited items. Note the friggin' names and exclude them form buying future extremely limited items if they flip it on ebay! That's an effective way of handling scalpers. Raising prices and inventing alternative selling methods like the lottery only hurt collectors.
Why should Sideshow go to the trouble. Can you imagine how many complaints Sideshow would have to deal with from people complaining they were banned unfairly.

Back