15 Day notice for Illum Padme!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it's neet, but recently I've come to the realizeation that I don't like Padme,
Looking forward to in hand shots though, particularly maulfans!

I'm excited to get it because I'm interested to see if she'll follow the progression of Obi-Wan and Sidious in terms of quality in the end product. Also it'll be nice to diversify the collection. While she is exclusive to SSC I seriously doubt she'll be difficult to find in the secondary market but I'm still staying direct with it.

Had a look at the page for her on the Sideshow site today...doesn't look like it has been updated recently, especially the 360 (it looks like it features the now-abandoned vinyl outfit). Sure am curious to see how she turned out...maybe in this week's newsletter? (hint, hint SS)

I've got some prime "Ilum"-like environments near the house right now for some cool shots of her...

I'll wait for final production pics before I decide whether to keep my order or cancel.

At worst, however, I'll buy a parted-out one for the sculpt and will make a custom Evey Hammond figure. :rock

Wow, some pissed off people in here.

1) This is a Trevor sculpt.
2) We haven't seen production pics and this figure has already changed for the better through 2 protos.

Peeps needs to calm down until we see the final figure. There is a chance that this figure could totally ROCK!

2) We haven't seen production pics and this figure has already changed for the better through 2 protos.

Peeps needs to calm down until we see the final figure. There is a chance that this figure could totally ROCK!

For me it has nothing to do with that. It's not from the movies so I don't care how good it looks. I have to be more selective due to rising prices. This is not necessary for my collection. At the end of the day for me if I bought it I would never really care about it. I would only buy it because the completionist in me says too. So that's why I canceled.

:clap:clap:clap

My philosophy, each to his/her own. As a completist it's my desire to gather (and the hunt is part of the fun)-- while this is not from the movies it is from the cartoon and so far the two parts of the cartoon have been the closest thing to the movies so I'm quite happy to add this one to my collection... In addition, and possibly even more importantly it's the first Natalie Portman Padme that has been released, and yes while I'm sure there'll be others despite what some might think (d'oh) this is a Trevor sculpt and you'll have to excuse me for drinking the kool-aid (with the fluoride:rolleyes:) his work has rocked. Final production pics have not been shown but if you want to cancel feel free. Happy to know that this one will be arriving soon.

Obi-Wan, Palpatine/Sidious,... we've had some tremendous additions recently-- no reason to think that the trend is going to stop anytime soon.

For me it has nothing to do with that. It's not from the movies so I don't care how good it looks. I have to be more selective due to rising prices. This is not necessary for my collection. At the end of the day for me if I bought it I would never really care about it. I would only buy it because the completionist in me says too. So that's why I canceled.

I agree with being selective due to price increases (I cancelled the Padme from SIDESHOW but I'm picking her up, the only chance I'll get to pick up Natalie Portman:lol, from my Canadian supplier) but isn't this guy absent from the movies as well?

S7300041.jpg

I kid...:D

that is so true cant wait to see how ssc translated the clone wars padme to real life.. it should be sweet

I was holding out in hopes of seeing a new Padme.

I finally caved and canceled her. I really wanted that sculpt, but there's too much coming now that I really want. Someone had to be sacrificed.

Strangely, I'm suffering from canceller's remorse. I hope I don't regret this.

I was holding out in hopes of seeing a new Padme.

I finally caved and canceled her. I really wanted that sculpt, but there's too much coming now that I really want. Someone had to be sacrificed.

Strangely, I'm suffering from canceller's remorse. I hope I don't regret this.

Unfortunately I think you will. With Clone Wars Obi-Wan comming out, we may end up with a whole Clone Wars sub-line.

Unfortunately I think you will. With Clone Wars Obi-Wan comming out, we may end up with a whole Clone Wars sub-line.

With this announcement, clearly I was wrong and there will be a sub-line for the Clone Wars.

But I gotta draw the line somewhere. :) I'm gonna try to stick with the film characters only. Except Asajj. She's just hot.

Back